don't know what to say

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tex Is Lost

I posted something yesterday. Partly whimsical, and partly my insecurities showing.
Someone, quite gently, drew my attention to the fact that what I had posted might be thought of as digging at some of the members here. I immediately went and edited the post. For those of you who may have seen it before I edited it, I'm sorry if you misunderstood or took offense to anything I wrote. That was not my intention.

So now to the core of this post.
I find that I am anxious about posting anything. I feel what I feel right now, but am hesitant to post anything or to reply to any posts becasue I fear that I will be misunderstood. Which is something I should probably be used to by this point in my life. As I have never really fit in anywhere, I have never been able to easily interact with anyone.
And now my percieved mistake has me feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Speaking of comfort, I did get comfortable here, and it has kind of (by my perspective) come back on me. I find that I am wanting to pull up the drawbridge and fill the moat with more allegators or something equaly dangerous. The dark forest seems closer to the walls today than it did yesterday.

Please understand this, even though I am posting in spite of what I have said above, I don't feel good about it. But I find I need to put something out there becasue I feel like I'm lost.

Please don't see this as some "poor me" kind of thing, for that is not what I am after. I don't want pity or any of that. I just wanted to cry out from the dark....

Which really sucks.

Hi Tex... problem with on line posts is we do not get to experience the writers tone of voice... Facial gestures... Body language. With that said, it is quite easy to have a post misinterpreted by the reader. As there are hazards in live face to face relationships... There are hazards with online relationships. I have no idea of the post you did... But you took action and made amends. The skill of many is to accept the fact we are human and make mistakes. Thats my 2 cents...

I think everyone just needs to loosen up a little bit. I bet what you said was only slightly questionable, but not taken the right way. Though we may not notice, we choose to take offense to something. Instead of getting all mad, brush it off. It's only words on a computer screen anyway.

Just know Tex, you could never offend me. I wouldn't even assume that you'd try to say something harmful. Doesn't seem like you.

I didn't see what was posted.... but here's what I have to say about this:

POST FREELY UNTIL CORRECTED

Seriously... mostly it's about common sense... but really, feel free to post about anything you'd like to. If you step out of line, either your fellow posters will let you know or a moderator will step in and take control of the situation.

No worries, man. Trust me... we've seen all kinds of things on this site, and from what I've seen of your posts, you're far from insulting or obscene. :) Keep on posting!

Tex, if a person feels that something you write is a dig, my guess is that they will find a way to confirm whether that's true, even if it's a roundabout way.
IOW,
what those posters above me wrote lol.

Here is an example of my own recently on Facebook and keep in mind that I'm VERY sensitive to perceived slights; my ego especially now in midlife is like eggshells.

I was on IM with a person in the game Mafia Wars. I made a reply to his question about my photo (he said I looked too young to be the age I am, and I said it wasn't an altogether new photo) and he wrote back "LOL!"
I thought he was maybe laughing at me thinking, "Women can be so silly and vain."
So I asked him,
"Are you laughing at me?"
And he wrote,
"No, I'm just smiling. You're great to talk to."
IOW,
I risked asking even though I dreaded that the answer might be, "Yes" because that's what people do if they think maybe they've been mocked or insulted. Even thin-skinned people usually find a way to ask.
Besides,
you come across as a kind, well-intentioned person to me.

Latest posts

Back