Don't laugh

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is actually a good title for this animated rant. So, let's clear up any misconceptions. I'm a lonely person in a forum that is literally titled A Lonely Life. But, I don't announce I'm here because...and follow me on this..I'm lonely on the aforementioned site...and don't want people to know I'm here? I know I'm a bit looney..but..what?

I've always been grateful I wasn't born in the Era of...this. But apparently I'd have been a king. Man, that sure makes it easier than what I used to have to do. And you are all adults..

This is actually a good title for this animated rant. So, let's clear up any misconceptions. I'm a lonely person in a forum that is literally titled A Lonely Life. But, I don't announce I'm here because...and follow me on this..I'm lonely on the aforementioned site...and don't want people to know I'm here? I know I'm a bit looney..but..what?
Are you actually addressing anyone? It seems like you talk to yourself a lot, and start weird threads, and can be a bit antagonistic.

Being as this forum is not nearly as active as it used to be. It might be more useful to use the forum as a forum, rather than a personal dumping ground to talk to yourself. Usually that's what a, 'diary,' is for. And we even have a section for that, called, 'the diary...'

Anywho..

Largely the forum is dead now, and the few times it starts to spring back to life, bitter, angry, lonely people just make things intolerable for the few people who have tried to give this place a shot. And when that happens, we suffer a drought, where no one talks, because everyone is at eachother's throats all the time, and scaring away the newbies, heh.

I'm not pointing fingers at you, I'm just giving you a valid reason as to why it's not very active here, some times, from my observations.

Last edited:
If you enjoy talking to yourself, as I said, try using the, 'Diary,' sub forum. I often use it to do some free writing, or just vent out to the void, etc..

However, this is a forum. It's a commons, where people congregate to socialize (with each other, generally, more often than themselves.) If we could all use it properly, it might function more the way you would like it to.

You could start a thread to address a question you have, by actually asking the question. That would probably be more useful, than starting a thread titled, 'don't laugh,' in general chat and then proceeding to hammer the, 'new posts,' section repeatedly.

Anywho, what more can I say... I'm sorry if you are lonely and in pain; but, if you just want to be antagonistic, then, I dunno...

Oh...also...I did start a thread...it was called Don't laugh..which you're contributing to...irony, right?

I don't know what being here for more than a day means?
Humans often go with the crowd, yes.
Yes, I'm a rather long time member...

I don't know really know what hill I would be dying on.

Anyway, take it easy..

I'm not interested in arguing. Take care.

I'll never understand much of this forum. For me, I'll always be present. People are going to hate me. They'll also know I'm here. They can trash me all they want, I'm sure at least half if not more is deserved. But, I'll never think this is a place to take pot shots, with no recompense. That day happens, I'm lost to the actual people who want discourse. If you dislike, that's your choice. But I won't quit trying to stir up conversation.

I don't hate you. If you are actually referring to me, maybe you aren't, maybe I'm taking this personal and you are referring to some one else. How can I know at this point.

My only quip is that you are quite vague, and don't really follow forum etiquette. You seem a bit antagonistic as well; but, maybe that's me just reading too much into things.

If you want to express yourself, there is a forum sub section for that, it's called, "express yourself." If you want to debate on a topic, bring it up in, "up for debate." If you have some personal stuff you just want to shout out to the void, use the, 'Diary,' section.

I have my upsets as well, but, a good number of those don't really have anything to do with you personally. A lot of people here are very frustrated, or have been at different times. And the reason they suffer that way, is because this forum is often very dysfunctional, in ways it doesn't have to be.

I was just trying to be playful, to a post that seemed playful. Usually when people are upset, frustrated, in pain, or hurting, or whatever, they misinterpret things, and may make personal attacks, and try to share their pain, by seeing to it other people feel it the way they do. yablahblah.

I apologize sincerely, if you haven't felt welcome here, or if you've felt personally attacked by me. I do apologize for that. I'll apologize for a lot of people actually. Some of us are old members, we become exclusive and jaded. I try not to do that, and mostly I don't; but, sometimes I make mistakes too. But, I do hope you can make better use of the forum, as intended. I'm not a moderator, that's not a demand. I couldn't even really request that of you. I don't know you that well.

I very often, do not feel like I fit in here, never have actually, most of the time. But, I'm here for me; and it sounds like you are too. And I think the same goes for a lot of folks. Some of them are less expressive about that than others, probably. A lot of it is just the sign of the times, and hell if I know what to do about that; but, I attempt, to try and introduce civility, when the opportunity arises.

Anyway, I don't know what, 'Don't Laugh,' is referring to, if anything. But, I had my chuckle too. Take it easy...

Latest posts

Back