Downside of being single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawx79

Reaction score
All these years i wanted to have a girlfriend alot, but i decided to stop wanting as no girl in the world is capable of liking me.
But untill recently i started thinking that being single isnt so bad actually, as it gives me freedom, less stress and free to go and come wherever i may.

Only downside of being single is the loneliness sometimes and people telling you when you are going to get married?!

Look on the bright side, you can double dip your spoon in the peanut butter jar, and drink straight from the milk container when you are single.

I like to think that there is no downside to being Single. There are just no upsides as opposed to a relationship. From the outside, relationships can look so great. But I've found that most people in relationships, including myself almost always tend to be worried, stressed and/or unhappy about something they'd not be if they were single. Relationships can be a huge struggle at times. More so then the seeming struggle of being single. If you think about it, relationships are like jobs or education. Your partner will have expectations of you, as will you of them. In time your relationship will need to move to the next level. Like a promotion or higher course in uni or something. None of these are easy are they?

Try as much as you can to enjoy being Single. For if you have a relationship that lasts a while, I guarantee that at some point for whatever reason, you will want to be single again, if only for a split second.

I have no problem with being single, its other people that seem to get worked up over it. Hence the marriage questions from work colleagues, the awkward looks when you go somewhere alone or the unmerciful judgement that somehow you failed in life because you’re not with someone else.

The world isn’t able to cope with single people, we’re the loose ends, we represent risk and uncertainty that many fear and we’re made to feel outcasts as a result. That is the true sadness of being single.

Lost Drifter said:
I have no problem with being single, its other people that seem to get worked up over it. Hence the marriage questions from work colleagues, the awkward looks when you go somewhere alone or the unmerciful judgement that somehow you failed in life because you’re not with someone else.

Oh yes, I get this in work a lot.

"You went on holiday by yourself? Riiiiiight"

Yep, I packed my car, went where I wanted; camped, hiked, ran, swam, climbed. And had some beers in the evening. It was f*cking great. Next question..

ForEverythingAReason said:
Lost Drifter said:

Yep, I packed my car, went where I wanted; camped, hiked, ran, swam, climbed. And had some beers in the evening. It was f*cking great. Next question..

That sounds like my kind of vacation.

Lonely in BC said:
Lost Drifter said:

That sounds like my kind of vacation.

It was in the Pyrenees, really enjoyed it. Just about everything I owned was crammed into my car lol!

Lost Drifter said:

good for you !

Latest posts

Back