Dreaded workplace convo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onmyown1979

Reaction score
Alright, I'm a 33 year old virgin who up until a few months ago was overweight and women wouldn't look at me twice. I work in group homes for disabled adults and the staff is mostly male. I'm the only one that isn't married and every so often they talk about when they first had sex, blah, blah, blah and I always have to lie because I know if I told people ill catch so much hell that I'd have to leave. I'm sick of lying or coming up with an excuse why I don't have a girlfriend because people see me and wonder why, I still do myself. I've become good at slyly changing the subject when it comes up. Just sick of it all.

I know what it's like trying to explain why you don't have a girlfriend, I have to put up with that sometimes. I don't have to put up with it often though, only when the boss's contractors are around. I work by myself right now so there isn't anyone to lie to. I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't worry about it. If it's so important to them, tell them the truth. No real need to lie. If people look at you funny, so be it. Better than living with the lie.

Latest posts

Back