Dreamers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sunday

Hey Friends!

I am new to this forum. I too have experienced a lot of lonliness. I have a best friend, but she attends a different univeristy than I do. Also, I transfered to the university that I currently attend, and I have had a lot of difficulty finding my niche. I have a lot of aquaintances, but not really any friends. I am an intovert and pretty (and I don't mean this in a conceited way). Reading some of these posts, I feel we should bring out the beauty and positive aspects in everyone, not to sound cheesy. What would you guys do if you could do anything? What are you dreams and aspirations? What would make you happy?

My dreams is to be a counsellor. To help people live their life with hope, joy and something to look forward to. But then, I am far away from my dream, I am studying engineering now, but failing in all my university modules, and my life is very sad and lonely to begin with. So, cheers to failure and loneliness it life. =)

And oh ya, may I add, my dream is to find to have this one wonderful friend that i can relate to, do stuff together and motivate each other. Does not necessary to be a girl.... ya, but in actual fact, these friends never existed. So cheers once again.

I can't really think of any real dreams for me... I mean I would probably be happy if I was doing something that was helping people but I can't really think of anything specific you know? I guess my dream is to someday be appreciated and needed by someone more than my mom :p

but due to my shortcomings I doubt any of that will be coming along anytime soon. One can dream I suppose...

AngryLoner said:
I can't really think of any real dreams for me... I mean I would probably be happy if I was doing something that was helping people but I can't really think of anything specific you know? I guess my dream is to someday be appreciated and needed by someone more than my mom :p

but due to my shortcomings I doubt any of that will be coming along anytime soon. One can dream I suppose...

What are your shortcommings? Are you shy or an introvert like me? I have learned that whatever difficulty I am going through someone else is going through much worse. It's just a little perspective. Sometimes people can't make us happy and we can't please everyone. Sometimes the only people we can help is ourselves. Get out a piece of paper and write out what you would love to do and what it would take to achieve those goals. Then start out. Take baby steps and if you mess up, try again. We should all at least try and fail than not trying at all. Who knows, maybe things will start coming together. Never stop dreaming!!!

What would I do if I could do anything...I'd go back in time. I'm tired of holding regrets and dwelling on the past, at least if I changed those events, I have nothing to look back on...

My plan is to become a Game Programmer. I've always wanted to be apart of a successful video game...Though the question is what about afterwards?

What would make me happy...There's a feeling inside me that has only been released from me once. It's a feeling as such that the calmness makes me forget everything that is going on, and focus nothing. It's this very feeling I wish I could activate when I want...That's what would make me happy. See post in Off-Topic.

Quite frankly, being the quiet observer seems much better than to be the one who experiences things...Though this is me talking right now...The feeling what something would feel like is better than the feeling when it happens, though this can vary...More of a neutral post rather a pos or neg post...

Wave Shock said:
What would I do if I could do anything...I'd go back in time. I'm tired of holding regrets and dwelling on the past, at least if I changed those events, I have nothing to look back on...

My plan is to become a Game Programmer. I've always wanted to be apart of a successful video game...Though the question is what about afterwards?

What would make me happy...There's a feeling inside me that has only been released from me once. It's a feeling as such that the calmness makes me forget everything that is going on, and focus nothing. It's this very feeling I wish I could activate when I want...That's what would make me happy. See post in Off-Topic.

Quite frankly, being the quiet observer seems much better than to be the one who experiences things...Though this is me talking right now...The feeling what something would feel like is better than the feeling when it happens, though this can vary...More of a neutral post rather a pos or neg post...

I wanted to be a game programmer... but i need a good foundation in math esp physics and trigonometry which i lack i have a good logic though. and theres my other strength to become a graphic designer which im working on right now, and yea i would like to turn back the time so i can redo all the stupid things ive done and money spent.... If only..

I wonder about this I really don't even know what I dream about anymore guess just getting done with school dunno what I would do when done though won't have anything to keep me busy I think I almost really dread what I dream kind of odd.

Sunday said:
What are your shortcommings? Are you shy or an introvert like me? I have learned that whatever difficulty I am going through someone else is going through much worse. It's just a little perspective. Sometimes people can't make us happy and we can't please everyone. Sometimes the only people we can help is ourselves. Get out a piece of paper and write out what you would love to do and what it would take to achieve those goals. Then start out. Take baby steps and if you mess up, try again. We should all at least try and fail than not trying at all. Who knows, maybe things will start coming together. Never stop dreaming!!!

Am I shy and introverted? lmao that's an understatement... My situation is somewhat similar to yours, I have 1 "friend" (who I think is really only my friend cause we've been friends for so long) but he lives far away so I'm lucky if I see him every 6 months or so. i'm also well aware that i'm the only one who can help myself, I discovered that many years ago... however it is far easier said than done and due to my depression and raging Social Anxiety I don't imagine I'll have the courage to change my situation any time soon. Besides the longer you spend in a situation (good or bad) the more comfortable you become with it and the more difficult it gets to change. I appreciate your words of encouragement though.

Josh said:
I wonder about this I really don't even know what I dream about anymore guess just getting done with school dunno what I would do when done though won't have anything to keep me busy I think I almost really dread what I dream kind of odd.

That's not odd at all.

I am the same, no idea what would make me happy. Well I am happy most of the time just sometimes I get real down and very sad with my self and wishing I wos not hear :(

But am ok right this minuet :)

what would make me happy, probably just someone who has things in comen with me and thinks similar to me. doesn't even have to be a girlfriend, A friend would be good. I have friends but bottom line is there all very selfish ppl when it comes down to it. Some of the best ppl Iv meat are over the net. ppl iv never even meat and probably never well.

So I think for me its having good friends that make you happy

Hey Guys, most of us are pretty young. I'm 21 and praying to graduate in the spring from college. I think this is just a pretty frightening and overwhelming stage in our lives where we are questioning everything we have done thus far. Nothing really prepared us for this transitioning period and I feel most of us are feeling strange. However, college is just a step towards life. No matter what stage or age one is in life, they can start anything. Everyone should have a vision for their lives, but we are allowed to make changes along the way. The past is done, we live in the present and look into the future.

One Word.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................C......................................................L............................................A............................................R..................................................................I................................................................T..............................................................Y.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................CLARITY!...............................................

what sunday said reminded me of a really nice song form the movie RENT..'forget reget..there's only now, there's only here..forget reget..lalala'
its hard not to reget sometimes...but there's so much in this world to change or discover that even if we've done stuff that maybe we shouldn't have there's still room to grow. There's still stuff to do...every now and then our minds can play tricks on us though..make us still, and depressed over the past.
There's a lot of beauty in people though, with all the bad.....it's like we can make mistakes because we don't have to be perfect, we just have to tend towards a state of balance..and the funny thing is we always do...even though sometimes we feel crazy and as though we arent balanced..even that feeling is something in is that causes us to tend towards balance..haha i'm rambling like a madwoman. I am just that a crazy madwoman..
my dream being to find a madman who'd understand... 0.o
what are your dreams sunday?

I really like this topic, and was thinking of creating a new thread before I found it. But I don't like waste so here goes. :)

If I could do anything at all. I would travel around the world and help people, while writing novels and creating art. The novels would be either sci-fi/fantasy or shameless romance. The art would be in the form of my original manga, which exists only in my head and on a few scraps of paper right now.

I'd open a camp for disadvantaged kids from the city to come out and enjoy the beauty that I'm surrounded by every day. Too bad it's such a bureaucratic nightmare to do it in Canada.

Some dreams: be a singer, use all the pain gathered over the years to make those people who forgot about their feelings to remember them for a minute or two. Have a family around me when I am old (IF of course I reach old age). Have most people who meet me remember me kindly. Find a job for which someone will be grateful to me, possibly involving design. Collect and give as much love as I can in these years that I have left, even if it is very little, don't let a single drop of love go to waste. I dream of feeling OK about myself.

My dream is to lead Charlie Sheens life.

My real, real dream, not my main dream which I shall come to momentarily, is to figure out who the hell I am and where I fit in the world. This can't be it for me, or was I always destined to be the social outcast? In all honesty I think I will have to wait untill my dad shuffles off this mortal coil before I can finally feel free enough to find myself but that's a whole other topic.

My normal dream/goal? Get the hell out of the UK and try and start over the other side of the world, Canada I'm looking at you here!

Latest posts

Back