-Drunken Ramblings-

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverMore

Reaction score
Why is it that you miss people? I mean shouldn't you just accept that your relationship/time with this person has ended and move on? Why can't your brain just accept the fact that situations change and the people around you change because of it?

personally I think a lot of it is evolutionary and biological

for example why can't our brain accept that greasy double cheeseburgers are extremely bad for your health and automatically make it so that you didn't like the taste of them. Our brains are slow to learning new things. It doesn't get that in our modern age we have a surplus of food and will most likely not ever be at risk from starving ( as a poor college student I sometimes doubt that though :p) and that we do not need any more greasy fatty foods, but our brain sees it and goes OMFG!! super fatty protein and caliorie loaded food, you must eat it now before the winter shortage comes and the only thing you will have left to eat is your dead sister!!! ( in this hypothesis your brain is very overly dramatic :p) ( this is making me miss red meat) Our brains get use to people being around and even when we know that they may be gone, our brain may still subconsciously expect them to be around due to past experiences. ( that's my hypothesis anyways)

We evolved with other people humans are social animals, so if someone leaves our brain believes it should not be alone and will drive you to find that person again,...........

well that's my thoughts, I hope things get better soon

*hugs nevermore*

:D

evanescencefan91 said:
personally I think a lot of it is evolutionary and biological

for example why can't our brain accept that greasy double cheeseburgers are extremely bad for your health and automatically make it so that you didn't like the taste of them. Our brains are slow to learning new things. It doesn't get that in our modern age we have a surplus of food and will most likely not ever be at risk from starving ( as a poor college student I sometimes doubt that though :p) and that we do not need any more greasy fatty foods, but our brain sees it and goes OMFG!! super fatty protein and caliorie loaded food, you must eat it now before the winter shortage comes and the only thing you will have left to eat is your dead sister!!! ( in this hypothesis your brain is very overly dramatic :p) ( this is making me miss red meat) Our brains get use to people being around and even when we know that they may be gone, our brain may still subconsciously expect them to be around due to past experiences. ( that's my hypothesis anyways)

We evolved with other people humans are social animals, so if someone leaves our brain believes it should not be alone and will drive you to find that person again,...........

well that's my thoughts, I hope things get better soon

*hugs nevermore*

:D

Spoken like a true biologist, now you're speaking my language :p

I couldn't have said it better myself, I hope things are going well with you, I wish you the best, you know I think we are the longest ALL members inb the history of ALL, what does that say about us? Are we the loneliest people on earth or are we the masters; the king and queen of loneliness? :p

Pheenix said:
It's not like feelings are logical.

Good point, feelings are guided by the right side of the brain and reason is guided by the left, makes sense right lol

I sure would live a much more enjoyable life if my brain hadn't decided to miss everyone i have ever known especially her

O the conversations we had, they lasted for hours... such things are gone now, but I guess that's just how things are, people fade away in your life and you're left by yourself, with nothing but your memories, and that's okay, its natural

Then again not everything thats natural is right... O boy might as well give up now there is no winning...

haha cool I'm glad you enjoyed my analogy, maybe we just like the company of lonely people, which is rather ironic i suppose, and or we have merely grown attached to the site :)

well, i don't want to jinx myself but right now I'm doing alright I got offered a catering job today and have my first shift on friday so I hope that goes well, my pe classes finish up this week so by then I should be offically done with all of my gen eds, which is pretty cool :)

our brains can be capable of much intelligence, but like the heart often works in a stupidly dickish mysterous ways and I can relate a lot

brain y u no like boys?........

stupid inefficient brain, doesn't it know the gross ratio difference between gays and straight men, and that if it were straight the odds of finding a date/ mate to reproduce with is infintly higher ( obviously)

ohh brain brain, maybe I'll just feed you to the zombies when they come

but what can we do,

*hugs* I hope you feel better,

time will pass and we'll move on,
though we won't forget
our hearts won't fret
and we'll learn to live without
despite a shadow of a doubt
when memories fade out

I'll stop giving advice in rhymes
when we can deal with enzymes
to stop living as the brain commands
to ignore the roar in the stands

I'll speak simply
when I actually have something to say
oh but I know that day,
a day so far away

May never exist
cause my brain is a glitch
that won't likely be fixed

So stoically I spout stanza and haiku
a symptom of messed tissue
am I wise, or mature
nay!
cautious and unsure
but I enjoy the allure
my delusions of grandeur

are convincing enough for me

...................sorry somewhere along there that fell apart

but I hope you feel better soon

*hugs* :D <3

In my current situations....

Deep emotional bonding
Yeah somewhere in my brain
theres lots of memories of her.

The thing of it is...anything reminds
me of her becuse Ive done much
with her and gone to many places with her. It triggere emotions
and thoughts of her.

it aslo at lot of unresovled bussiness for me. Mainly our duaghter. Its my duaghter.s hopes and dreans to have her parents back. A family the everyone else had but she didnt.
A home she came to. Her mom and dad together and her as our child.
Our daughter was Given up for adoptions @ birth...

While I had learn to live and move on with my life 21 yrs ago. It was diffcult then as it was. I carried a lot
of guilt and anger I berried deep inside of me.
When Renae ans I got back together..Kimmi begim to open up..
All her hopes and dreams had finally come true. Now that its sort of falling apart...I made a promies to my daughter That I would do anything
to give her that. The healing she really need. I feel Ive failed her.

Renae was my fiance. We were to be married 25 yrs ago and now.
Shes the only woman Ive ever want
to be with and I feel I turely love.
Shes the love of my life.....
Our daughter also has a hard time accepting and is still holding on to her dreams and my dreams..Our dreams...Its too what Renae wanted.
The elusive dreams for all of us...
My daughter is devistated. She very
very hurt. Its like a double dagger in her heart. Shes doing the best she can.. Her wish today is for me to leAve with her to start a new..for us to build a home and family ..maybe someday her mother might come home.
I dont believe Kimmi can see me loving someone else except her mother...
Letting go of Renae?
I dont want to. I love Renae. .

NeverMore said:
Why is it that you miss people? I mean shouldn't you just accept that your relationship/time with this person has ended and move on? Why can't your brain just accept the fact that situations change and the people around you change because of it?

I'm sorry. Nostalgia is a sweet sorrow, is it not?

Logically...I can figure all of this honeysuckle out very easies.......

Get over it...life gose on...etc..etc

People giving advice is all retarded
to..cuz Ive thoguth about honeysuckle form
different angles.. Theyre not telling
#ny new or something that I havnt thought off mysefl....
High level advice and little undertanding is worthless...
In other words..ESAIER SAID THAN DONE....

Becuase nothing stays the same....
The past is not the same as today..tomoorow wont be the same as today.

So my mind be projecting honeysuckle....
Like....just becuase shes not with
me today dosnt mean she wont be
with me tommorow...Something
about hope.

She came back to me time and time again..So with that going
in my brain...it becomes a part of the equation. Becuae the future is
forever unknown.

Plus Ive been with other women.
I dont get those same feelings being with other women. The deep bonding
or connections...
Becuase seeing her and hearing her
screaming her heart out saying she
Loves me . The many many nights
she cried her heart out waiting at my parents . Ten thouand times shes told me she loves me.
Her vioce roams my mind like
a song that I cant get out of my head .
Also becuase of honeysuckle people tell me...
FOLLOW YOUR HEART...DRAMS COME TRUE....
Something about high level emotions is the key and secret .
I had a pic of Renae on my avitar
saying " I HVAE HER" months before
she came back to me.

It's because our brains are constantly forming patterns, seeking homeostasis. When we are around someone enough, our brain forms a pattern wherein that person becomes a part of our universe; always there in the back of our mind, part of our emotional and psychological make-up.

When that person leaves, we are left with an incomplete mental pattern for our lives.

It takes a bit of time for that mental pattern to change and adapt to our new life situation (without the person).

Badjedidude said:
It's because our brains are constantly forming patterns, seeking homeostasis. When we are around someone enough, our brain forms a pattern wherein that person becomes a part of our universe; always there in the back of our mind, part of our emotional and psychological make-up.

When that person leaves, we are left with an incomplete mental pattern for our lives.

It takes a bit of time for that mental pattern to change and adapt to our new life situation (without the person).

"As I experience certain sensory input patterns, my mental pathways become accustomed to them. The inputs eventually are anticipated and even missed when absent."

/geekery

mintymint said:

"As I experience certain sensory input patterns, my mental pathways become accustomed to them. The inputs eventually are anticipated and even missed when absent."

/geekery

I think, and my thoughts cross the barrier into the synapses of the machine - just as the good doctor intended. But what I cannot shake, and what hints at things to come, is that thoughts cross back. In my dreams the sensibility of the machine invades the periphery of my consciousness. Dark. Rigid. Cold. Alien. Evolution is at work here, but just what is evolving remains to be seen. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Man and Machine"

/ubergeekery

NeverMore said:
... you know I think we are the longest ALL members inb the history of ALL...

Don't forget Jales, Jeremi and An archist. They still come around though you don't see Jeremi too often. Well there has been something like 22 people from 2007 or earlier, stop by this year.

that's a great way to put it jedidude

so when we have a constant or near constant stimuli like a regular friend, our brain adjusts to create some kind of homiostasis to this new environmental stimuli, but when that person leaves, like taking a weight off of a previously balancing scale, the brain is no longer is a state of equilibrium and then has to readjust to the previous state

cool

:)

................I won't write a long and irrelevant poem here i promise

*Nods*

You all have very valid points both scientific and otherwise, I want to thank you all for your responses, you made me feel a lot better that night

Crow I hope Renae and you are happy, you never let her go after all that time, that makes me feel very emotional

*waves hand in front of face to stop from tearing up like a girl*

evanescencefan, maybe it would be better if you could like men and not women, hell it would be better for me if I was a women who liked men, I mean I'm skinny, nerdy and vulnerable, thats like a triple threat right lol

and never stop writing long irrelevant poems, I enjoy them:p

Nostalgia is a sweet sorrow, that about sums it up

Some day I hope to be able to look back on the people I've known and feel happy about having memories with them and not just sad that I can't see them anymore, hopefully that day will come, perhaps with maturity I suppose?

*shrugs* I dun know

Thanks Never.

It hasnt been easy to adjust.
I have lots of good memories
of her and I, that can last a life time. Lots of picture of the goodtimes and no so goodtimes.
Yeap, I went through a major withdraw . Lots of Love and very
emotional.

Trying not to dwell on it as much.
so I can create more good times
in the moment

Sometimes I just hold on to
the good happy feelings when I think
of Renae. A suggestion I got of how
to feel happy throughout my days.
Hold on to the feelings but not the
thoughts. Not living in the past..but
living in the moment. Knwing she loves me.

She told me she loves me every much last week. Ill run with that.

I hope you and your family is doing well.

The reason why That suggestions makesense to me....

For a while we were both working
when Renae and I where together.
We seldom saw each other exact
for a couple of hours. Then we just
slept or rest.

I felt loved and happy while I was at worki hundreds of miles away from home. Renae wasnt around me
physically for me to feel the love
she has for me. I was natrually
creatng those happy feelings
I have inside of me already...

I hope that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back