End of year wrap up 2014 goals for 2015

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote mine down, so that makes this easy.

1. Lose weight - Achieved
2. Work out regularly - Achieved
3. Maintain eye contact with people - Achieved
4. Make new friends - Achieved
5. Get a pet - Not achieved
6. Find a partner - Definitely not achieved
7. Get a job - Not achieved

This year I would like to find a job. I'm ambivalent when it comes to finding a partner. I've largely changed my mind about a pet.

jd7 said:
ladyforsaken said:
May 2015 be a better year for everyone.

Just "May" .... :D

What about January, February, March, April ... June, July, August, September, October, November, and December???

Are you REALLY suggesting that we pack a full year's worth of goodness into MAY???

:D

LOL.

May the year of 2015 be a better year for everyone, from January through to December. :p

You know, that is the type of response my best friend would give me all the time, it makes me laugh though.

SophiaGrace said:
Peaches said:
*edit - don't want to burden the forum forever with my boring misadventures*

for the next year: I am afraid to make plans now

You never burden us. :club: stop thinking like that.

True that. You could never burden the forum, Peachy.

ok, then tentatively some optimism:

find another job in my line of work, with people - or:
find a completely different job, with people - or:
find some remote work and go travel, in spite of my broken neck, as soon as I find a traveling mattress that works for me (I have one, but it weights 8 kls, too much for my neck)

lose those effing extra kilos and fit inside nice clothes again and feel sexy again (I know, I know, others are beautiful with some extra weight, it doesn't work for me, seriously)
get a roof on my head and a place to lay my books while I travel that is not at home with my mother
spend 3 months in warm weather on a beach or other beautiful place
get my digestive problems straightened up (hope it's not anything worse than IBS)
do yoga every f. day / avoid neck pain
improve my music - learn theory and improvisation
find some friends/a guy
do something crazy (summer school of jazz in Cuba? something like that)
keep juicing and doing wheatgrass and stay as healthy as possible

I don't typically make New Year's resolutions; I feel like if I need to change something or reach a goal, I don't need to wait until January 1 to do it :)
But I was at a party last New Year's eve and we all recorded a resolution. Mine was to lose 10 pounds, I lost 20 this year.
I'm going to the same friend's house for a party again this New Year's and was told to bring 3 resolutions to write down. I have no clue what I'm going to write down this time!

-Teresa

I didn’t make goals for 2014, but to sum it up:
1. That big leaning tree in my yard fell over, so I cut it up and removed it.
2. Feeling like a lumber jack I cut down and removed a second problematic tree.
3. I became totally debt free for about two weeks, but then I bought a car and now I have a car payment.
4. I didn’t ride my bicycle nearly as much as I had in 2013.
5. I didn’t find a good off road place to ride my motorcycle.
6. I bought a fishing license, but didn’t go fishing.
7. I began replacing the roof on my house.

2015 goals (this is easy)
1. Finish my roof.
2. Ride my bikes.
3. Go fishing.
4. Learn to cook something new.
5. Visit my neighbor before he forgets we’re friends.
6. Consider trading in my new practical car for a chick magnet.
7. See the ocean!

bleh bleh, i hate things like this cause i never follow up on my goals, but i still parttake

Last year I made some goals for 2014:
1. cut on alcohol
2. pass most of my exams/classes
3. get a job
4. get a home/apartment

failed em all
goals go for 2015, as i posted on another thread too

1. move on from my past
2. get back in working out again
3. get a job and keep it
4. move out
5. get a pet

Last year my goals were:

- Get an entry-level middle-class job.
- Get in shape by running, calisthenics, and lifting weights.
- Make some progress on my story.
- Do a drawing a day.
- Learn guitar.
- Have more memorable times and conversations.
- Even get somewhere on my Star Wars roleplaying game quest, as practice for creative writing.
- Become interesting enough to try to win one of those girls I like away.

Unfortunately, I failed them all. I spent all of 2014 pretty much unable to get interested in anything because I was feeling sad about a lot of things, like how my family is old now, how I'm old now, how I can't shake this feeling that it's too late for me to achieve anything, how I already wasted my youth being angry and sad, and how I regretted letting those girls I used to know get away and now they didn't break up and I just waited and waited. When I'm sad like I had been, I don't get in very creative moods and I have very low energy. So I made no progress at all, which only leads to more regret.

My goals for 2015 are mostly the same. I hope I'll feel like actually accomplishing something this year.

- Get the job, so I can have money to do things again and can stop having arguments at home about it.
- Once I'm working, then I can buy running shoes and weights and start getting healthy.
- Start reading more books and looking at more sci fi / fantasy art to get me in the mood to create again.
- Use my writing magazines and creative writing books to start getting an idea for my story. Hopefully actually finish a draft this year.
- Develop a real guitar plan and start teaching myself, at least until I can afford proper lessons.
- Same with the drawing - develop a plan to teach myself to draw. I want to do this because I've always wanted to get better and because I want to communicate ideas for my story to my friend who's an illustrator.
- Get people together for Star Wars roleplaying.
- Have more interesting conversations.
- Stop wasting time being sad, when those I care about are getting really older now. I don't want them to have only ever seen me as depressed.
- I'd like to say "get a girlfriend", but unfortunately the only girls I'd want to date are still taken. I'm kind of stuck in limbo here. I guess all I can really do is be patient and become as interesting as possible, and wait.

If you really wanted to do something then you would have done it already and some meaningless change of date isn't going to make you more likely to do it. So I've already failed my new years resolution to stop being a depressing prick.

Lishniy Chelovek said:
If you really wanted to do something then you would have done it already and some meaningless change of date isn't going to make you more likely to do it.

I have always thought this way... and that's probably the reason why you never see me make new year's resolutions and all that. I just think that you do it as you go along, no matter when it is. I don't know, perhaps the new year is like a push for people to actually get some things done. The new year doesn't make much of a difference to me really.

1) Improve my health
2) See different parts of the world
3) Continue preparing for the coming collapse of America.

ladyforsaken said:
Lishniy Chelovek said:
If you really wanted to do something then you would have done it already and some meaningless change of date isn't going to make you more likely to do it.

I have always thought this way... and that's probably the reason why you never see me make new year's resolutions and all that. I just think that you do it as you go along, no matter when it is. I don't know, perhaps the new year is like a push for people to actually get some things done. The new year doesn't make much of a difference to me really.

mmm, I think deadlines are there to give us a push, otherwise one just keeps procrastinating - it doesn't have to be new years eve of course
My life will change starting from… January 23!

:)

Latest posts

Back