evening all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

new_decade

Name's Tom, i'm 22, and a student in the uk.
I'm not really sure what im trying to achieve here, and theres probably not much anyone can help me with, so i'm just gonna post a list of things that i wish i could say to anyone that actually gave a toss about my life these days, and if anyone empathises or thinks it sounds familiar, feel free to nod your head or scratch your chin whilst reading:

- after almost 4 years of uni i can count my friends on 1 hand
- somehow, god only knows how, my friends seem even less inclined than me to actually talk to others
- a day can pass having spent as little as 5 minutes talking to another person
- going on msn has become totally redundant
- no-one ever, EVER tries to contact me by phone
- ive spent so long listening to my music collection, generally the only thing that keeps me occupied, that even that has run dry
- a good mood can evaporate in seconds, usually because there wasnt any external cause for that good mood in the first place
- almost any sort of social activity has become appealing...even watching football god forbid..but none is ever available
- i feel like a goldfish in my own head, circulating the same stuff over and over, such is how trapped my thoughts are now
- i also feel like im trying to stretch out a finite supply of oxygen or the like for an indefinite amount of time, and it just gets thinner and thinner
- i dont even have anywhere to go to just sit and do nothing, other than my room, which is where i spend 23 hours of the day
- i cant remember the last time i met a new person
- i check facebook every half hour, even though i know nothing will have happened and no-one will have tried to contact me
- a healthy obsession with horoscopes, and the inevitable disappointment when what is promised fails to happen

anyway thats probably quite enough...
if you read all of those, or even any of those, cheers ;)

hey new decade welcome to the forum
:D

i can really relate to checking facebook all the time i want someone to say something to me, but no one everdoes. and all those applications, i see everyone is giving elseone else drinks or drawing pictures for them on their graffiti wall, it makes me feel so left out.

I hope you like it here, and your welcome to pm me anytime and I'll try tto reply in a timely mannor

peace

:D

Yep well you just met 2 people so far nice to meet you new decade.

I can relate to a lot of what you say about being able to count your friends on 1 hand but someone once told me that if you can make and keep 1 friend your doing something right

but anyways, welcome and I hope you get out of that rut soon

Welcome Tom

Yes i can identify with quite a bit on your list.

Hello
I read them all, and give a toss about your life. :) It's a lonely existance out there sometimes, but keep reaching out because sometimes someone will actually take the hand that you use to reach out with... My suggestion is to join a GYM, worked wonders for me! Put some of that lost oxygen back into your lungs, and into your life!

cheers all, youre a great help. actually redwood i started running around the park now that springs finally arrived - it nearly kills me but it does the trick!

Latest posts

Back