Express Yourselves!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marios

Reaction score
Greetings,

I enjoy collecting specific images/wallpapers/pictures that I find lying around the web. When I do collect one, I make sure it has a sophisticated meaning, followed by various emotions.

I will post (upload) a new image per day, and I ask from you, the readers, to express what you see in "words".

For example, if the image is a rainy road:

I find this picture full of melancholy... e.t.c.

I assure you:

You will relate yourself really close to some of these images, if you feel that you experience that, please, let us (me) know.

Every feedback is appreciated.

My goal for this thread, is to become a mutual experience for all the members of the Lonely Life Forum, where we shall explore the meanings each and every one of you give.

________

P.S:

How your reply format should be:

1: The Number of the Image
2: The title you would give the image.
3: Your personal meaning for the image.

Example: Picture: Rainy City

1: Image 1
2: The tears of the Urban skies.
3: This picture emits some kind of.....

First Image (Image 1)

1zvtnxs.jpg

gravel said:
Not ambidexterous

The smile that just formed on my face could easily rip my cheeks apart.

(+1 for the unexpected reply, +1 for humor).

1st Image, where is Batman when you need him.

2nd Image, what it feels like being a moderator sometimes.

1. Image 2
2. The world as I know it
3. Everything seems to be a manifestation of the figure sitting beaten and downtrodden in the waters. He is bigger than the others behind him, but they are happier and not alone. He's near to something new and pure emerging from its protective shell, possibly on the verge of being corrupted by the dark hand guiding it upwards, and balanced precariously from falling to the dangers below, but he hasn't the energy to aid it. The road behind him shows his ideal self upon a pedestal, a dream he's given up on and left behind, and the mountains over which the light shines brightest and the potential for greatness awaits...but he went the wrong direction.

Siertes said:
1. Image 2
2. The world as I know it
3. Everything seems to be a manifestation of the figure sitting beaten and downtrodden in the waters. He is bigger than the others behind him, but they are happier and not alone. He's near to something new and pure emerging from its protective shell, possibly on the verge of being corrupted by the dark hand guiding it upwards, and balanced precariously from falling to the dangers below, but he hasn't the energy to aid it. The road behind him shows his ideal self upon a pedestal, a dream he's given up on and left behind, and the mountains over which the light shines brightest and the potential for greatness awaits...but he went the wrong direction.

Exactly.

(+1).

P.S: More answers like these would be ideal!

Sci-Fi said:
1st Image, where is Batman when you need him.

2nd Image, what it feels like being a moderator sometimes.

;)

Image 3

22denq.jpg

1) Image 3
2) The destruction of innocence
3) Makes me think of how war erases anything human within us.

daughter of the moon said:
1) Image 3
2) The destruction of innocence
3) Makes me think of how war erases anything human within us.

A very interesting approach.

To me, it fits these lyrics of a song from a German Band named Rammstein:

"I have plans big plans
I'm going to build you a house
Every stone will be a tear
And you'll never move out again
Yeah I'm going to build a little house for you
with no windows no door
It'll be dark inside
No light will get in at all

Yeah I'll make you a home
And you are to be a part of it all

Stone by stone I wall you in
Stone by stone
I'll always be with you

Without clothes without shoes
You watch me working
With your feet in cement
You brighten up the foundation
Outside there will be a garden
And no one will hear you scream

Stone by stone
I'll always be with you

What a pounding what a hammering
Outside it's starting to get dark [1]
All of the nails stand at attention
when I ram them into your body-wood [2]

Stone by stone
And nobody will hear you scream"

And as a personal thought, it could be the emotional counter-attack that may occur from a romantic relationship failure.

E.g: When you have been hurt so much by someone, that you decide to "bury" the person who made you feel so sad.

By the way,

You (All who read this) can always comment on images from previous days.
Just because I update the post, it does not mean that the previous images are not to be commented on.
The main reason I update the thread, is to hopefully hit the right memory spot by chance or skill for the readers/followers of it.

Marios said:
And as a personal thought, it could be the emotional counter-attack that may occur from a romantic relationship failure.

E.g: When you have been hurt so much by someone, that you decide to "bury" the person who made you feel so sad.

That was my first (or maybe second) thought too, but I thought it too obvious :)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what a terrific idea for a thread this really is!

1. Image 3
2. To Have and to Hold
3. I am very much into images relating to the inner workings of the human mind and this one isn't much different. This picture tells me of someone holding desperately to an image of beauty and purity, so desperately that he would chain and wall it up to protect it from the world and possibly himself. The sad part is that the woman may have long since been ruined by the world. She may be a lover or a daughter, but he will always have this sole image, this fantasy, safe behind the wall in his mind.

Siertes said:
1. Image 3
2. To Have and to Hold
3. I am very much into images relating to the inner workings of the human mind and this one isn't much different. This picture tells me of someone holding desperately to an image of beauty and purity, so desperately that he would chain and wall it up to protect it from the world and possibly himself. The sad part is that the woman may have long since been ruined by the world. She may be a lover or a daughter, but he will always have this sole image, this fantasy, safe behind the wall in his mind.

Straight to the spot, once again.

Don't mistake my positive ratings for a give-away.

You are seriously doing this right.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

1) #4
2) Creation and End
3) I like to think it depicts both the creation but also the end of life. It all came from the universe (as seen in the stars in the background, and the white nebula being a galaxy) - fire can both form new life and end it - the chessboard he's standing on, I'm not clear on that, perhaps a symbol for the game of life? He looks like he's offering her up as sacrifice, but he's engulfed in flames as well, so maybe it means that he (the life-giver and life-taker) is part of us all, and when we go down, he'll go down with us; but the light of life in his eyes still shining brightly, indicating that nothing is lost forever?

Pretty difficult image, at least for me it is.

@ Daughter of the Moon

I am not really sure if the background has stars in it. It could actually be that classic spark-like energy fire emits.
For the rest of your personal meaning, I admit that I enjoyed it entirely.

@ Renegade

Firstly, welcome and thank you for joining this thread, as it means a lot to me.

Secondly, as I stated in Page 1 of this thread:

By the way,

You (All who read this) can always comment on images from previous days.
Just because I update the post, it does not mean that the previous images are not to be commented on.
The main reason I update the thread, is to hopefully hit the right memory spot by chance or skill for the readers/followers of it.

Thirdly, about the meaning you gave.
You can elaborate on that if you wish, it would be pleasing.
Other than that, I give you +1 post Reputation for hopping in.

P.S: I have this image as a high-quality plastic canvas wallpaper in my room.

Image 4 was really tough. I was almost going to skip it as nothing immediate really comes to mind but I figured I may as well try something haha

1. Image 4
2. The ashes born of burdens
3. Fire adorns the figure of a robed man holding the lifeless body of a woman. The flames have yet to obscure the mans face, one of determination, or the woman's face, one in peace. Their attire of red tells me that blood defines their relationship, possibly relating to her death, but the peaceful look on the woman's face suggests that this blood born fate was hers by choice. Fire consumes the man as it burns away who he was. His hooded cloak hides the entirety of who he's becoming, his radiant eyes alight with new found knowledge and a way of seeing the world. They've yet to engulf his feet, so he will walk on. Whatever he sees now, whoever he is now, he will carry the woman with him as the flames recreate his world anew. Whether the flames will burn away the woman before the man himself is nothing but ash remains to be seen.

Side note: The flames appear most concentrated on the man's shoulders, the bearer of burdens, and the woman's abdomen, the bearer of children. This could mean the flames are burning away his ability to carry the burden of her death and that they are also burning away the possibility of a child between them, maybe an unborn child robbed of life by her suicide. I don't know. This one wasn't too personal for me so I ran through a few different interpretations and am still not 100% confident of these.

1) #4
2) Creation and End
3) I like to think it depicts both the creation but also the end of life. It all came from the universe (as seen in the stars in the background, and the white nebula being a galaxy) - fire can both form new life and end it - the chessboard he's standing on, I'm not clear on that, perhaps a symbol for the game of life? He looks like he's offering her up as sacrifice, but he's engulfed in flames as well, so maybe it means that he (the life-giver and life-taker) is part of us all, and when we go down, he'll go down with us; but the light of life in his eyes still shining brightly, indicating that nothing is lost forever?

Yeah, I feel you on how difficult this one was. Fire can represent so many different things that it can be hard to settle on one thing!

Siertes said:
Image 4 was really tough. I was almost going to skip it as nothing immediate really comes to mind but I figured I may as well try something haha

Yeah, I feel you on how difficult this one was. Fire can represent so many different things that it can be hard to settle on one thing!

Nevertheless, you participated!
Fire can indeed represent so many different things, but that is why this thread is directed to many people (who have not participated yet). Good job Daughter of the Moon, Renegade and Siertes.

Image 5
jtvzv6.jpg

Image 5
"The eternal conflict"

Let me try this a second time. I started writing something yesterday, but I was so depressed at the time that I had to stop after the first sentence, because I didn't have the strength to keep on typing.

I believe that this image depicts the eternal struggle between good and evil for every human's soul (the core religious issue). On the right side, obviously, a number of "heavenly" ( = good) symbolisms. A statue of an angel guarding the doorway. Heavenly bright light coming from the lightbulbs (for lack of a better word?). A ghost-like figure floating, but despite its otherwordlyness, not threatening. A wide, friendly landscape to be seen through the doorway, and of course, the essence of the human being drawn to it appearing as pure energy.
On the other side, "evil". Darkness, fiery light (as per our understanding that there must be eternal flames in hell), a creepy tormented face floating to the bottom left corner of the picture. The way the essence of the human is pulled from him looks like he's being torn into tiny pieces. You can't make out too well where it is going. Looks like a dark tower of sorts, guarded by a gargoyle-like statue, but no incling of what lies behind. Makes me wonder whether it's supposed to indicate that if the human giveth in to evil, nothing but darkness awaits? It doesn't seem much whether the decision is being made by him. He looks like he's just giving himself in to whichever side wins. However, right above his head, looks like the aura of his face detaching itself from him, seemingly tilting towards the heavenly side. The floating figure to the right could be awaiting him, there to guide him to what comes next. On the left side, looks like only fire and ashes await him.
I do believe that good and evil forces are pulling on us with equal force at all times, always trying to out-win the other. I also believe the choice is up to us, no one is born purely bad or good. Eventually we have to give in to a higher force, but whichever force that is, is our own decision :)

PS: Are we ever going to hear your interpretation on one of the pictures? :)

Latest posts

Back