Face-book

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Face-book

• Total voters
Wow. I'd be surprised if I ever had 55 'friends' on Facebook. You are 51 people ahead of me. I never get on facebook anyways. I don't see the big deal. People that have over 200 contacts probably don't talk to 90% of them anyways. Don't worry too much about it.

I'm not a big fan of Facebook myself. Not sure why it's become such a big deal, and actually, I mainly use it to just play on literally TWO game apps on there, which takes me...what, all of 10 minutes? Only when I have some spare time, so it's not everyday either. I tend to check around on MySpace more, but either to update (usually if something significant has happened), or if I get notifications via e-mail.

I've been tempted myself to delete my Facebook account on a few occasions, as it's made me feel crappy before, but now I just tend to ignore it for the most part. In your case, you might just be better off deleting it if you don't really use it. Like, if you talk to those people that you have added on there now, outside of Facebook, then you don't really need Facebook, especially if it's making you feel that way. However, if you do get SOME use out of it, and would like to use it on an "alert basis" (in other words, only check it if you get alerted via e-mail), then keep it.

Also, I found this video hilarious:

I literally just deleted mine last night. i was just fed up with nobody actually talking to me on it, despite having 300 friends.

So no one really talks to you on there either?

I see people having lots of comments and crap from their other friends if I actually allow myself to read through some of the updates, but god forbid they ever leave me a comment or something. Left one of my cousins a Happy Birthday comment over a month ago now, and no response of any kind.

Yeah, people love me. :cool:

Most of my comments were conversations between people i actually consider friends. not really any friendly 'how are you?' comments.
The birthday comments were pretty useful. i dont have alot of cell numbers, and i'm not in school so facebook was the only way to say it...it's my ex's birthday today

There is a lot on there that have about 500 friends. But ye I get what your saying.

This vid here made me laugh.

[youtube]nrlSkU0TFLs[/youtube]

Sanal said:
WTF man. I have only 5 ppl in facebook and 4 from ALL and 1 from another forum lol and I have account from like 10 months or some. Lol Now I m jealous of you

Heck i am jealous of your number. Mine has been there for a year or two. I have none. :(

Bluey said:
There is a lot on there that have about 500 friends. But ye I get what your saying.

This vid here made me laugh.

[youtube]nrlSkU0TFLs[/youtube]

LOLLLL that's hilarious :D

Ha, don't worry most people who've got that many friends just keep them to flaunt them. If you like, you can PM me and ill give my info. We can be friends :)

Katia said:
Wow. I'd be surprised if I ever had 55 'friends' on Facebook. You are 51 people ahead of me. I never get on facebook anyways. I don't see the big deal. People that have over 200 contacts probably don't talk to 90% of them anyways. Don't worry too much about it.

That's true. As I mentioned before, I have about 330, yet I just talk with about 30 of them.

Not to mention, I had to add a lot of people to a limited profile list, since facebook lends itself for people to look too much into your private life. But overall, I do enjoy using it. It's the only way I keep contact with some family members and friends that moved away.

I have a lot of family on mine too. But since I don't get on with a lot of them that's just one moor reason to delete the thing.

Well the vote is close so I well wait to see what am going to do :p

Keep it, if you like facebook. I've been on facebook for two years and I only have three friends :( . I used to have a few more, but I deleted them because they weren't people I knew. I rarely check mine anymore.

Bluey said:
I have currently 55 ppl on my face book. Most ppl I know have at lest 200 ppl. Most ppl I know that jone have well over a hundred with in the first few days. Its embarrassing to only have 55 ppl on there after about a year of having it. This are ppl I know IRL BTW.

Is it better to delete the account or carry on. Am not getting anything out of it. It just rubs in the fact that I don't have much of a life. And advertisers that to other ppl. pluss the last time I message anyone on there it was ignored anyway.

This poll well decide what I am going to do. Cos am not sure. I well do what ever you lot deiced at the end of the month.

I even don't open account in Facebook cause there is no anyone that i can add. I don't want that somebody from the family, school, army, work or university will see me with blank list of "friends" :rolleyes2: (although i think that nobody even will search me :()

oh thanks for the votes guys :) It looks like I well be keeping it then.

Now that I am feeling a bit moor rational I think that just cos I have very few friends on there is nothing to be ashamed of really. That is what I would be telling someone if they had posted what I have here. And I would be saying that cos its what I would think.

I do know that ppl on there add one another only if they have meet only one time. Where I have not done that. All though there is one girl on there that I have lol But anyway it dose not take anything away from me just cos most of the ppl I know on there have 300 friends and some even have over 700 friends. But I can only be me. So I Guss I don't have to log in or anything. So I Guss I well keep it then.

Latest posts

Back