Favorite Toys From Childhood

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Can you remember any of your favorite toys from your childhood?

"JAWS"

user-image-1184610459.jpg

A sears and robak electric guitar from a yard sale.
Then my dad made me a tube distorstion fuzzbox.
Then he got me a Carvin half stack and a crap load of Marley and cry baby
whaa whaa pedals from a yard sale.
Then he got me a phasor. Then he got me flanger.
Then his totally messed up and got my a Les Pual when I was 10.
Then he really really fresia up and got me a book on how to play Randy Rhodes solos.
I was on a crazy train..hahahahaaaaaa

Then oneday a little angle came knocking at my door.
Seriously...the first time i met Renae she came to my house with a couple of friends
We totally hit it off right then and there....
She was like...put down the guitar badboy, play me. :p

Barbie dolls and My Little Ponies. ^_^

And my little very old teddy bear. <3

These would be the five most favourite toys from my childhood.

Star Wars action figures, playsets, and lightsabers.

Legos, lots of them.

Die-cast HH-3F Coast Guard helicopter. Always had a fascination with aviation.. A friend who collected the same things tried to nick it from me.

Vinyl pterodactyl I won at an arcade. Can't remember his name but I was really attached to it. Left it at a restaurant in Oregon..

Cassette tape player-recorder. Always listened to music, and pretended to be a radio host.

For me my favorite toys

Lego and Lego Technic used to make tons of things with them, tanks, large cargo crane which i copied from one i saw made a dedicated model train power supply instead of the crappy battery packs they had so i could also run the motors at 12v rather than 9v or just fitted RC car packs instead to provide power.

Taking things apart like VCR's TV's and anything else i was allowed too, used to have great fun doing that :).

Radio Control Cars and Boats used to race with my friends cars.

Not really toys but loved using my dads BBC Micro to play games and do some crude programming when i was a kid.

That's all i can remember at the moment.

I actually didnt get into radio control until I was in my 30's
Nitro cars, trucks , air planes, Heli, boats...ect...etc.
They're more aduilts toys becuase of the level of mechanic comprehension.
RTR nitro cars gose over 60mph out of the box now.
R/C nitro Air plane gose over 150mph average.

I had a cabbage patch doll, but one of my brother's tore the head off.

I also got a pony (NOT My Little Pony...just a pony, it's purple and stuffed) that had the wind up thing that played music one year when I was around 5. I still have that.

I always wanted a Mr Frosty! I asked every christmas and birthday and I never got one. :( I'd still be thrilled if I got one now. That's the toy I always remember even though I never had one.

I'd also say Lego. We had loads of it between me and my sister. Our dad used to spend hours making matching houses for us to place with. I've been known to be reduced to tears if I see modern versions of those house sets.

My old teddybear. Also, my TMNT Leonardo action figure, my He-Man and Legos. :) I'm glad to have enjoyed so many toys, since I remember all too well all the financial difficulties my parents ended up in, later on.

what's this "childhood" thing? :D

My brother and I had Mego Batman and Robin toys, we loved those things. They got tossed out sadly. Most of my other childhood toys, like G.I.Joe A Real American Hero, I still have. :D

Got my first chemistry set when I was seven, blew my eyebrows off, we never saw the cat again, been into it ever since.
~Stanley Goodspeed

Hi,
I really like the Al-2500's because they are made with a bit better materials than the Al-2000 and I like the look of the single white binding on the headstock over the plain head of the Al-2000. What can I say, I appreciate the little details and there is something to me about the binding on the head that just completes the guitar. These are great cheap electric guitars for sale.

Star Wars figures, 99p from Zodiac toys, do you know how much they sell for now!! Actually I do because I bought the first 12, never opened, mint on card from Ebay a few years back.

They were all AFA (Action Figure Authority) sealed and graded to 80% or above each one. That is the single most nerdiest scentence I have ever typed. Anyway, I sold them eventually, to clear my credit cards, argghhh it pains me to remember having to post each one. *sobs*

Also some other gems were:

Ghost Castle
Crossbows and Catapults
Battle of the Planets (G-FORCE) vehicle set which together combined to make the firey Phoenix. (I can't find it anywhere on line)

Wish I could have just stayed 8 forever :)

The only thing I still possess from childhood is a plush fox... likely, it is my most valued possession in addition to favorite toy.

Latest posts

Back