Feeling like sh*t once again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
Why does this happen? Why does it go and come back? I'm not severely sad like I have been in the past, but I just feel pretty hacked off. I have a few theories as to why.

I attempted online dating once more because a friend convinced me to as he was having a bit of success. By success I mean she agreed to meet him but they haven't set a date. Anyway, it didn't take long before I remembered why I stopped online dating. Because I never get any worthwhile results. Yeah, a girl will talk to me here and there but it never gets anywhere.

Like the other day for example; I was chatting to this girl and she seemed very interesting and I was drawn to her. So there I was talking to her and out of the blue she blocks me! I don't understand, I was being pleasant, being myself and all. It really struck me in a bad way :( . That experience then started a chain reaction of negativity and pessimism. I noticed my little brother getting all this attention for making a couple of sculptures. They were mediocre at best (and I'm not being bias if that's possible). My mom posted a picture of them sitting on the centre table of the living room.

Two things: my mom has never liked anything I've done enough to warrant treating it as a shrine and posting it on facebook. The other thing, 5 people from our family liked it and commented with such praise and support. Once again something that never happens/happened to me. On top of that he's my step brother! So yeah, my mom is more supportive to her step son.. (technically my mom didn't marry his father so he isn't even my step brother).

On top of that, my radiator in my room is making loud clanging sounds so I'm hardly getting sleep. Nearly all my housemates are all boring as hell and stay in their rooms, only coming out to either eat, go to uni or go out on the night without invitation. As far as I know they're pleasant people but no one ever hangs out with me except for this one girl who is actually pretty cool and hangs out sometimes (not my type of girl which is good cause she is cool).

Also I'm very worried that I won't pass my uni course :/

I'm scared because depression contributes to my Psychosis. I feel on the brink of depression.

Like the other day for example; I was chatting to this girl and she seemed very interesting and I was drawn to her. So there I was talking to her and out of the blue she blocks me! I don't understand, I was being pleasant, being myself and all. It really struck me in a bad way Sad .

She was probably scouting you to see if she liked you, looking for things she didn't like, and found something she didn't like, so clicked the "Next" button.

It's alright for her to not like something about you, because not everyone likes the same things. By "not like" I mean she isn't interested in a relationship with you, not that she dislikes you in general as a person. There could have been any number of other reasons why she suddenly blocked you (such as getting back together with someone in real life).

Whatever the reason, it's always hard when someone blocks you, but it actually happens to people all the time on websites, you just have to take a deep breath and move on and forget about them. I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in someone who would block me out of the blue like that anyway.

Two things: my mom has never liked anything I've done enough to warrant treating it as a shrine and posting it on facebook. The other thing, 5 people from our family liked it and commented with such praise and support. Once again something that never happens/happened to me. On top of that he's my step brother! So yeah, my mom is more supportive to her step son.. (technically my mom didn't marry his father so he isn't even my step brother).

Go to your mother and ask if she appreciates you. See if she appears to care or not and let us know.

On top of that, my radiator in my room is making loud clanging sounds so I'm hardly getting sleep.

The radiators should be off at night anyway. It's hard to sleep in the heat.

Read some positive poems to inspire you and ward off depression until you've finished your course if it ends soon (rather than next July). Then you can sort it out properly when they're over with. Eat a banana - they're good for depression and exams.

I wonder if you could get the land lord to fix your radiator. Sleep affects mood more than most people realize. If you are able to get more sleep, you might see an improvement in your mood.

Thanks guys, seems a good night out with my housemates has fixed me. As for fixing the radiator, it isn't even on in my room yet it still makes noises -_- . however, I have asked fro someone to come fix it tomorrow. As for girl troubles, I have discovered the other girl in the house is very pretty and seems to be my type. So I'm gonna play it slow with her although if I do that I'm worried she will meet someone else. I told her last night I think she is pretty and she added me on facebook this morning. Any advice here? I really want to make a go of this.

Latest posts

Back