Feeling Misunderstood or Isolated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about being misunderstood or isolated?

• I'm strongly misunderstood/isolated. I'm very unhappy about my place in life.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I'm strongly misunderstood/isolated. I'm somewhat unhappy about my place in life.

• I'm strongly misunderstood/isolated. My happiness is not largely affected.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I'm somewhat misunderstood/isolated. I'm very unhappy about my place in life.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I'm somewhat misunderstood/isolated. I'm somewhat unhappy about my place in life.

• I'm somewhat misunderstood/isolated. My happiness is not largely affected.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
J

jason evans

I'm curious if people who have strong feelings of being misunderstood or isolated suffer an overall drop in happiness in their lives. What effect do the feelings have on you?

Also, please feel free to share your experiences.

OK I voted for "I'm strongly misunderstood/isolated. I'm somewhat unhappy about my place in life."

I voted this cos I do think there is a lot off ppl in my life that have and do misunderstand me. ppl look at you weird when you have been single for so long and don't work. They think you don't expire to the same things in life as everyone else and think you should lay down and just except anything that comes your way. I mean just cos I have had a few problems don't mean I don't wont the same as everyone else's. I mean one of my cousins the other week phoned me up and took me to a B&Q store cos he was after something. I thought he wonted me to go with him to help him with something. As it terns out he thought he was getting me out for a bit and doing me a favor. I mean WTF is in hes head. I was like dude. You wont to show me a good time then you get that motto bike out of the garage you got and all show you how to use it properly. just cos I walk with a limp don't mean I cert do honeysuckle. So he did get the bike out and I showed him that I was capable as anyone. better then him on it actually as he never really used it as he just got one for the woods. PPL make assumptions on what they think or see and just do not have any sense with it. then you got the other sort off ppl that asum am a lazy fresia cos I don't go to work. I am nether of this things and am in between but society wants to put ppl in boxers and when you don't fet in to a box they get annoyed. But ye its a bit complicated to explain all. But I would say I am a misunderstood person. I think if the hole off my family and past friends where to read every post I ever made on here they would understand me a lot better. but I aint giving them all any reason to slag me off any moor then they do. So this well remine privet so I can make and feel free to make full use of this sight with any thing I feel I have to rant on about with you good ppl.

BTW welcome here jason. If you need anything then you are always free to PM me are any of the other moderator team.

I'm somewhat misunderstood/isolated. I'm very unhappy about my place in life.

I think it depends who the ppl are that misunderstand u and how much u care about them. For me, there are only a few that I get upset with if they misunderstand me. That does mess up my mood, if that happens on a regular basis it grows from just a bad mood into unhappiness ..i guess

Bluey, thank you for the response! It must be a constant source of frustration to have harsh and mistaken assumptions made about you. You have great inner strength to rise above those labels. And thank you for the welcome!

Incognita, I imagine you save your highest expectations for those who seem most likely to really see within and understand you. When those folks fail, the sting is even greater.

Bluey said:
OK I voted for "I'm strongly misunderstood/isolated. I'm somewhat unhappy about my place in life."

I voted this cos I do think there is a lot off ppl in my life that have and do misunderstand me. ppl look at you weird when you have been single for so long and don't work. They think you don't expire to the same things in life as everyone else and think you should lay down and just except anything that comes your way. I mean just cos I have had a few problems don't mean I don't wont the same as everyone else's. I mean one of my cousins the other week phoned me up and took me to a B&Q store cos he was after something. I thought he wonted me to go with him to help him with something. As it terns out he thought he was getting me out for a bit and doing me a favor. I mean WTF is in hes head. I was like dude. You wont to show me a good time then you get that motto bike out of the garage you got and all show you how to use it properly. just cos I walk with a limp don't mean I cert do honeysuckle. So he did get the bike out and I showed him that I was capable as anyone. better then him on it actually as he never really used it as he just got one for the woods. PPL make assumptions on what they think or see and just do not have any sense with it. then you got the other sort off ppl that asum am a lazy fresia cos I don't go to work. I am nether of this things and am in between but society wants to put ppl in boxers and when you don't fet in to a box they get annoyed. But ye its a bit complicated to explain all. But I would say I am a misunderstood person. I think if the hole off my family and past friends where to read every post I ever made on here they would understand me a lot better. but I aint giving them all any reason to slag me off any moor then they do. So this well remine privet so I can make and feel free to make full use of this sight with any thing I feel I have to rant on about with you good ppl.

BTW welcome here jason. If you need anything then you are always free to PM me are any of the other moderator team.

I can understand what your saying dude and feel the same exact way. Though not by anyone I know from "here".

I can really relate to all of you, just coz one is misunderstood in some way doesnt mean we dont get hurt by the same things other ppl do. I wish ppl could get this through their thick skulls for once...

jason evans said:
I'm curious if people who have strong feelings of being misunderstood or isolated suffer an overall drop in happiness in their lives. What effect do the feelings have on you?

Also, please feel free to share your experiences.

YES I do have strong feelings of being misunderstood and this does affect my happiness. Won't go into all the examples, but it's a continuing thread in my life and it fills me with despair.

Skorian, those misdirected efforts can be hard to take.

Lonelydude, it's easy for people to feel put off, I suppose, when something touches a nerve in us, and our reaction shows.

Emilia, I'm sorry that it weighs on you heavily. Reaching out despite the disappointments is the best thing, I suppose. Each little sparkle of understanding you get, pushes back that darkness a little more.

I am very isolated both emotionally and physically. It has been two days since i have even seen another person, not counting people on TV. When i go in to work tonight i will see a security guard at the gate and there will be a janitor working in the building. We most likely will not exchange any greeting. Those two plus whoever i may see on the road as i drive to work tonight will be the extent of my contact with people for the next 24 hours. This leads me to feel that i am rather isolated.

I don't know about being misunderstood. It is possible but i don't know that anyone has made any attempt at understanding in turn making it unlikely that there is any misunderstanding. Basically i'm just too insignificant for anyone to have either a correct or incorrect understanding of.

As far as it having an effect on my happiness, i am sure it does. At best i just kind of exist. Separated and apart from the world that exists somewhere around me. An alien in a world that i am not a part of.

Minus, I know how it is to not see anyone for days on end.

Let me tell you something tho. Your are not an alien and you are very much apart of this world. Don't ever think just because your feeling like this and you don't get the chance to interact with ppl as much as you should are would like to that your any less of a person. YOUR NOT. You must remember that. Its all to easy to beat on yourself when your feeling down and there is no one there to make you feel better. One thing living alone and being alone is that its important to stay strong and positive about stuff.

Hi Minus. Just remember that you have as much right as ANYONE to be part of this world and that people in general are ********.(excuse the language pls)

The fact that you are alone doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you more likely there is something wrong with the world. It realy is a shame that in a world with so many people it is still so easy to be totaly alone.

redline said:
Hi Minus. Just remember that you have as much right as ANYONE to be part of this world and that people in general are ********.(excuse the language pls)

The fact that you are alone doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you more likely there is something wrong with the world. It realy is a shame that in a world with so many people it is still so easy to be totaly alone.

You know that always amazes me. I would think it would be down to the indivijewel if I did not live this honeysuckle every day of my life.

How can there be so many ppl in the world yet where still sate here behind our keyboard typing all this to one another?????? HOW?

Bluey said:
redline said:

You know that always amazes me. I would think it would be down to the indivijewel if I did not live this honeysuckle every day of my life.

How can there be so many ppl in the world yet where still sate here behind our keyboard typing all this to one another?????? HOW?

Exactly! - It doesn't seem possible but as we know it sure as hell is! It just seems to me that the opportunity to meet new people is extremely limited in today's times. If you are not into clubbing and drinking yourself to death there is very limited opportunity to actualy meet new people. Nevermind meeting people you actualy like to get to know better.

I'm finding that the feelings of becoming isolated are lasting longer. When I'm in company that I'm not overly comfortable with it becomes a physical pain, it crushes me inside and the memory of that stays with me. People say I'm a happy person but it's a front . You know it feels good to be able to type this and not be judged.

redline said:
It realy is a shame that in a world with so many people it is still so easy to be totaly alone.

Bluey said:

Thanks guys. It would be easy to minimize it and say "Well do something about it" like i willingly put myself into the position. Maybe i did but it was more of an evolution, not a concious choice to remove myself from society by working odd hours in an empty building. I had a family and a couple friends when i started that.

scotsgirl is right.

scotsgirl said:
You know it feels good to be able to type this and not be judged.

sloth4urluv said:
I dont think anyone understandsme or really cares.
Im not the same anymore, i just want this to end. :(

Dude, Come on man. Your normal fighting it in one of the batter ways if there is a batter way. well you normally make moor positive posts then that :( There is one good thing about feeling that down. They is only one way to go from there. And that's back up.

Strongly misunderstood/very unhappy...

Sometimes I feel like I have nothing in common with anyone on the planet. It doesn't help that my job is extremely solitary. I can go an entire day without talking to anyone.

Redline and Bluey, that's the amazing gift and power of the internet. It breaks natural barriers and penetrates lives and cultures. I see it less as evidence of the failure of huminity, but a step in the right direction.

Scotsgirl, it's amazing how much the burden gets lifted when we break out of our prisons and find some acceptance. What we try to share doesn't get rejected or ignored. The importance of it is respected. I'm trying to tap into that power in my new blog.

Minus, you see that you're not alone in spirit.

Sloth4urluv, if you don't think anyone understands, test that. Here if need be. You may find more comraderie than you think.

Latest posts

Back