Feeling much better (prostitution really helps)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Punisher said:
suckaG said:
a friend of mine went to a brothel appartment a few months ago because he was super desperate, curious and horny. but when he actually went inside and saw the woman and the setup, he freaked out, gave her the money, apologized and bolted.

He said actually seeing the prostitute and talking to her really shook him up and changed his whole perception of prostitution. I guess it really put a human face to whatever it was he thought it would be. SInce then, he has researched about human trafficking and everything, and feels so bad that he went as far as actually going to a brothel. An interesting change of heart for sure.

Your friend is one of the good guys.

Agreed.

I think those who say "having sex with prostitutes is bad because you could catch STDs" are idiots because the truth is any chick, hooker or not could have STDs, so the risk is much the same. If it makes one feel better about themselves then I suppose there is nothing wrong with this. I'm terrible with women myself and I have thought about this alternative as my chances with women are hopeless. These days it seems hard for some men to find a partner, so this is definitely the next best thing for those who are sex deprived.

The thing with Thailand and prostitutes is I'd worry I'll find an unwanted surprise underneath. Anywhere else it would appear paying women for sex is illegal, so I've always been a bit wary, doesn't mean I won't give it a go one day, the way things are going. :)

Your active contribution to human misery for your own selfish gain is commendable.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

I wish prostitution was legal in all 50 states of the USA. I'm sick of society trying to prevent us lonely guys from getting laid in any way.

Cathedral said:
I wish prostitution was legal in all 50 states of the USA. I'm sick of society trying to prevent us lonely guys from getting laid in any way.

Yes. Society really cares about you desperate "lonely guys."

Punisher said:
Cathedral said:

Yes. Society really cares about you desperate "lonely guys."

I believe in equal opportunity. Seeing as I don't have much of it.

I see prostitution as a mental health service, the act of paying someone to give you a "good time" shouldn't be a crime at all. What the fresia is so WRONG with that? So, I would love for prostitution to be legalized, along with weed. And lower the ******* age limit on the purchase of alcohol!

Oh wait... the pharmaceutical companies would go BUST! Because they can no longer sell their BULLSHIT antidepressants anymore. Seperation of church and state my ass. What the HELL are these bullshit Christian laws doing still in effect! I want to do as I ******* please, without any risk of being put in jail.

Besides, I'm a good person. I would NEVER hurt anyone.

Cathedral said:
I see prostitution as a mental health service, the act of paying someone to give you a "good time" shouldn't be a crime at all. What the fresia is so WRONG with that?

If every desperate man stopped using prostitutes, people trafficking and pimping would come to an end. Or is that not worth you losing out on a "good time."

Cathedral said:
Seperation of church and state my ass. What the HELL are these bullshit Christian laws doing still in effect! I want to do as I ******* please, without any risk of being put in jail.

If you don't like it in your country, you can move to one of many non-Christian countries (just a suggestion.) I'll even PM you a list if you want.

Cathedral said:
Besides, I'm a good person. I would NEVER hurt anyone.

That's good to know.

i wish all the old men would have enough 'satisfaction' in their lives so they will give a break to young girls/women and not stare or give creepy smirks and lame talking.

OP and anyone interested in anything to do with prostitution should go to Punternet.com and read the forums; here you will see prostitutes talking about their profession and see their point of view.

I used to think the sex trade was dirty and sleazy until I tried it after breaking up from my girl and now I have a few female friends who work in the industry and it is nothing of the sort.

Another good website is http://www.prostitutescollective.net/ where prostitutes are actively campaigning to make their industry safer and trying to get 'their' voices heard rather than the 'anti sex trade feminists' voices, who do not talk for prostitutes at all.

Of course, those who have no dealings with it and see it only through other peoples eyes and experiences will always look at it in a bad and false light. God forbid that some woman actually wants to have sex often and get paid for it, that would never do.

And God forbid that some men actually wants an easy way to have sex with a woman without the trouble of relationships.

Punisher said:
If every desperate man stopped using prostitutes, people trafficking and pimping would come to an end. Or is that not worth you losing out on a "good time."

Actually, if prostitution was made legal and regulated and the women were given powers offered to any other legal business, then the pimping would stop.

The people trafficking however will simply be aimed at other things, such as illegal employment.

If a shop owner gets beaten up they tell the police but if a prostitute gets beaten up she has to think about what the police and society will do to HER before she opens her mouth. Will she get arrested? Will she get her children taken away? Will she be looked down upon buy those around her? Will she even be taken seriously? Will her children be bullied at school?

But, the anti prostitution brigade with their unwaivering sense of moral superiority will always have the last laugh, even if it must be at the expense of a prostitutes safety and wellbeing.

A regulated sex industry would bring safe houses to work in with door men and security cameras and legal transactions that can be traced just like in any business and the employees and clients can be well looked after.

But hey, lets keep it illegal so it goes underground and continues to line the pockets of criminals.

The war on the sex trade is as bad as the war on drugs; it hurts only the innocent and helps only the criminal minded and stops any form of intelligent debate to find a better solution.

FillyTheBish said:
Punisher said:

Actually, if prostitution was made legal and regulated and the women were given powers offered to any other legal business, then the pimping would stop.

The people trafficking however will simply be aimed at other things, such as illegal employment.

If a shop owner gets beaten up they tell the police but if a prostitute gets beaten up she has to think about what the police and society will do to HER before she opens her mouth. Will she get arrested? Will she get her children taken away? Will she be looked down upon buy those around her? Will she even be taken seriously? Will her children be bullied at school?

But, the anti prostitution brigade with their unwaivering sense of moral superiority will always have the last laugh, even if it must be at the expense of a prostitutes safety and wellbeing.

A regulated sex industry would bring safe houses to work in with door men and security cameras and legal transactions that can be traced just like in any business and the employees and clients can be well looked after.

But hey, lets keep it illegal so it goes underground and continues to line the pockets of criminals.

The war on the sex trade is as bad as the war on drugs; it hurts only the innocent and helps only the criminal minded and stops any form of intelligent debate to find a better solution.

I agree completely. I wish more people thought like that. And I mean a LOT more people. Legalize prostitution, legalize gay marriage, and legalize marijuana, then the separation of the church and state will finally come true. Because the root of these laws lies in Christian values. I have no issues with them, but they shouldn't be law.

FillyTheBish said:
Punisher said:

It's funny how people pretend to believe the honeysuckle that comes out of their own mouths.

Prostitution in the Netherlands is legal - "The Netherlands is listed by the UNODC as a top destination for victims of human trafficking.[12] Countries that are major sources of trafficked persons include Thailand, China, Nigeria, Albania, Bulgaria, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine,[12] Sierra Leone, and Romania.[13]

Currently, human trafficking in the Netherlands is on the rise, according to figures obtained from the National Centre against Human Trafficking. The report shows a substantial increase in the number of victims from Hungary and China. There were 809 registered victims of human trafficking in 2008, 763 were women and at least 60 percent of them were forced to work in the sex industry.[14] [15]

Within the Netherlands, victims are often recruited by so called "loverboys" – men who seduce young Dutch women and girls and later coerce them into prostitution. The phenomenon was highlighted in 2008 by Maria Mosterd, who published a book about her ordeal as the 12-year-old victim of a loverboy.[16] The truthfulness of this book is disputed, and was the subject of an investigative journalism report. [17]
Many victims of human trafficking are led to believe by organized criminals that they are being offered work in hotels or restaurants or in child care and are forced into prostitution with the threat or actual use of violence. Estimates of the number of victims vary from 1000 to 7000 on a yearly basis. Most police investigations on human trafficking concern legal sex businesses. All sectors of prostitution are well represented in these investigations, but particularly the window brothels are overrepresented. [18] [19] [20]

At the end of 2008, a gang of six people were sentenced to prison terms of eight months to 7½ years in what prosecutors said was the worst case of human trafficking ever brought to trial in the Netherlands. The case involved more than 100 female victims, violently forced to work in prostitution.[21] In December 2009, two Nigerian men were sentenced to 4 and 4½ years in prison for having smuggled 140 Nigerian women aged 16–23 into the Netherlands. The women were made to apply for asylum and then disappeared from asylum centers, to work as prostitutes in surrounding countries. The men were said to have used "voodoo" curses on the women to prevent escape and enforce payment of debts"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_the_Netherlands#Human_trafficking

Cathedral said:
I agree completely. I wish more people thought like that. And I mean a LOT more people. Legalize prostitution, legalize gay marriage, and legalize marijuana, then the separation of the church and state will finally come true. Because the root of these laws lies in Christian values. I have no issues with them, but they shouldn't be law.

Cathedral, go to any communist, Buddhist or Muslim country and ask them if prostitution, gay marriage and marijuana is illegal because of "Christian values."

And I thought Americans vote for laws, so what the fresia has the church got to do with it?

Removing the right of even one woman to legally sell her services because she feels she wants to of her own free will is wrong even if it creates the incentive for there to be 10,000 human trafficking crimes. We don't and should not ever remove the ability for someone to do something because others might take advantage of it.

Amsterdam's problems are reflective of the method and process being performed incorrectly, not as a failure of the very idea of legalized prostitution. Histories, security and background checks should be performed on registered sex workers with violators and traffickers pressed down on *hard*. For no reason should a 12 year old even be allowed to have become a prostitute if a working system were introduced. Neither should there be any sort of sentence less than life for anyone even remotely associated with human trafficking. None of this 8 months to 7 years bullshit.

I am very much against any concept which involves throwing the baby out of the bathwater rather than fixing the real problem. If it doesn't work as it is now, then change it. If it doesn't work after that, change it again and again and again until it works.

Enjoy your herpes, AIDS, AND unwanted children, OP!

On a humorous note...how did I miss this thread? This is the most ridiculous thread I think I've seen on this site.

Somebody's a' trollin'!

Limlim said:
Removing the right of even one woman to legally sell her services because she feels she wants to of her own free will is wrong even if it creates the incentive for there to be 10,000 human trafficking crimes. We don't and should not ever remove the ability for someone to do something because others might take advantage of it.

It might be wrong for that one woman, but it's not right for the women and children involved with the 10,000 human trafficking crimes.

It's like the killing one to save a thousand, except no one will die or be harmed in any way. She'll just have to get another job, which would or SHOULD make the right answer obvious.

There are better ways to save the thousands that are being trafficked. As detailed in my post above, though I do see your logic in a sort of "greater good" mentality. Though I generally side with individual rights over the groups when it comes to vices.

I'm not going to lie, I am very hypocritical about this as well. In that I'll say an individual should take the hit for society in terms of reporting sex crimes done to ones self despite consequences that may occur afterwards. Sort of a price one pays for enjoying the benefits and other protections society offers. Though naturally you could argue it the other way and say that price is giving up a freedom of choice.

Limlim said:
There are better ways to save the thousands that are being trafficked. As detailed in my post above, though I do see your logic in a sort of "greater good" mentality. Though I generally side with individual rights over the groups when it comes to vices.

I'm not going to lie, I am very hypocritical about this as well. In that I'll say an individual should take the hit for society in terms of reporting sex crimes done to ones self despite consequences that may occur afterwards. Sort of a price one pays for enjoying the benefits and other protections society offers. Though naturally you could argue it the other way and say that price is giving up a freedom of choice.

Indeed. We could argue/discuss our opinions forever, but that would be pointless. You make valid points, unlike the people who just want to get laid, make honeysuckle up and ignore the facts.

Because a countries laws, enforcement and procedures don't work well does not prove that the idea of legalised prostitution is a bad idea. Your logic is severely flawed.

A lof of Priests abused children when there were few checks made on the welfare of those children. Would it be a good idea then to ban all Priests from working with children? Or perhaps a more intelligent approach would be to simply improve existing procedures, enforcements and laws and screening.

I can see some people here are against the very notion of prostitution and will never ever agree with it regardless of any argument or any rational point of view, even if it would improve the situation. That is very sad.

The internet can be used to help criminals, should it be banned or improved?

Guns help criminals commit crime, should they be banned or the laws and procedures improved?

Parents sometimes abuse/kill their children, should parents be banned from looking after their own children or should parents be given more help in becoming better parents?

The very idea that bad things happen in a given situation therefore it must be banned is a very very dangerous knee-jerk reaction and helps no one.

Pretty much what I was getting at in my post FillyTheBish. I dislike reactionary measures where the answer is to remove something with an inherent benefit to some because of how others mistreat it. This applies to anything, not just prostitution.

Latest posts

Back