Female attraction to beards and tattoos

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
And another one I like....

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will.'

Not misandry though lol.

Disaffected said:
EveWasFramed said:

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will.'

Not misandry though lol.

:D It's not MY quote. I can't help that was left out.

EveWasFramed said:
Disaffected said:
EveWasFramed said:

Not misandry though lol.

[video=youtube]

EveWasFramed said:

See, in the context of this particular situation, that bothers me. It's implying that I am in the wrong because I refuse to be tolerant of a mentally unstable, hard drug-using, tattooed tough guy, and others of his type. He isn't the good guy here, he isn't an innocent victim of prejudice. None of the people who do those things are. It bothers me to see them get apologized for, to me, it's another example of how tough guy "rebels" are allowed to do all kinds of bad behavior without judgment, because of how people romanticize them into something they aren't. Sure they might get punished by the law here and there, but in people's minds, particularly women's minds, they can do no wrong because they are so "badass". That's what irritates me.

I'm burnt out on this. My views aren't going to cool off for some time yet. I'm going to try and not think about it now.

Disaffected said:
EveWasFramed said:
Disaffected said:
EveWasFramed said:

Not misandry though lol.

[video=youtube]

^^ I laughed out loud.

TheSkaFish said:
EveWasFramed said:

See, in the context of this particular situation, that bothers me. It's implying that I am in the wrong because I refuse to be tolerant of a mentally unstable, hard drug-using, tattooed tough guy, and others of his type. He isn't the good guy here, he isn't an innocent victim of prejudice. None of the people who do those things are. It bothers me to see them get apologized for, to me, it's another example of how tough guy "rebels" are allowed to do all kinds of bad behavior without judgment, because of how people romanticize them into something they aren't. Sure they might get punished by the law here and there, but in people's minds, particularly women's minds, they can do no wrong because they are so "badass". That's what irritates me.

I'm burnt out on this. My views aren't going to cool off for some time yet. I'm going to try and not think about it now.

Nope. Im not suggesting poor behavior is acceptable. I'm only suggesting that you seem somewhat intolerant. Not just about tattoos, but other things as well. Your use of the word "jock-ish" actually bothered me more than the rest of it. lol

TheSkaFish said:
VanillaCreme said:
So, it's only okay when you deem it to be. I gotcha ya.

More like, the way I see this issue at this point in time, it would take that much for me to be okay with it. Perhaps people don't like my views on this, but at the same time, I don't really like being told I should be okay with everyone.

If I'm going to change my mind on this at least to a level of acceptance, then it would be most helpful to not be made to feel that people are pushing their thoughts on me.

It's good that you are willing to change your view, at least a little. But, how would you feel if people were judging you on your appearance, on what you eat, on how you dress, on what kind of dog you have?

You've already admitted that you don't like these people because of ONE person you know OF....can you honestly not see how judgmental and messed up that is?

EveWasFramed said:
TheSkaFish said:
EveWasFramed said:

Nope. Im not suggesting poor behavior is acceptable. I'm only suggesting that you seem somewhat intolerant. Not just about tattoos, but other things as well. Your use of the word "jock-ish" actually bothered me more than the rest of it. lol

Very intolerant. To the point where you contradict yourself. Who are you to judge? You don't make any difference in changing these views into something positive. Refusing to change, to break the cycle, and then complaining about it doesn't really do justice.

TheSkaFish said:

Not everyone who uses drugs or is mentally unstable has tattoos. You know this right?

You seem to think everyone with a tattoo is a criminal. They aren't. Just as many people without tattoos go unpunished for a crime they committed.

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:
VanillaCreme said:
So, it's only okay when you deem it to be. I gotcha ya.

More like, the way I see this issue at this point in time, it would take that much for me to be okay with it. Perhaps people don't like my views on this, but at the same time, I don't really like being told I should be okay with everyone.

If I'm going to change my mind on this at least to a level of acceptance, then it would be most helpful to not be made to feel that people are pushing their thoughts on me.

It's good that you are willing to change your view, at least a little. But, how would you feel if people were judging you on your appearance, on what you eat, on how you dress, on what kind of dog you have?

You've already admitted that you don't like these people because of ONE person you know OF....can you honestly not see how judgmental and messed up that is?

You know...I wonder sometimes, if some people have such narrow views of things because they haven't had much life experience...other cultures, walks of life...perhaps the environment they were raised in? Not even pointing a finger at Ska here...just a thought in general I suppose.

Badjedidude said:
I know a guy who has a tattoo of the logo of his favorite podcast. lol

:p That's kinda messed up.

TheSkaFish said:
murmi97 said:
You never know -- I'll bet RBF affects guys too. :p

What is RBF? Reel Big Fish? I'm not sure what you mean.

Resting ***** Face
images

EveWasFramed said:
You know...I wonder sometimes, if some people have such narrow views of things because they haven't had much life experience...other cultures, walks of life...perhaps the environment they were raised in?

I was saying exactly the same thing to someone the other day. I think some people's worlds are very small. Once you really discover the variety of people there are out there, it's hard to make assumptions based on appearance, gender, or anything else.

Solivagant said:
EveWasFramed said:
You know...I wonder sometimes, if some people have such narrow views of things because they haven't had much life experience...other cultures, walks of life...perhaps the environment they were raised in?

I was saying exactly the same thing to someone the other day. I think some people's worlds are very small. Once you really discover the variety of people there are out there, it's hard to make assumptions based on appearance, gender, or anything else.

Great post/thought!

Solivagant said:
EveWasFramed said:

I think it also helps when someone receives goodness from an unexpected source. It can kind of lift a shade on how one would assume someone would act based on certain things. That just because they look or even act a certain way, doesn't mean they're always like that.

TheRealCallie said:

I am indeed open to the possibility that my views may balance out in the future. And I wouldn't like it if someone judged me for appearance, food choice, or anything else. But at the same time, it's not the same thing if I haven't actually done any of the things they are accusing me of.

It's one person I'm judging, yes. Maybe that's wrong. But I'm sure this scenario has happened many times before.

Honestly, it's not even the tattoos themselves that are the biggest problem I have. I just don't like the cultural phenomenon that says that rebels and criminals are romanticized, just for being rebels and criminals. I don't think drugs and gangs and crime and acting "hard" is cool. I think it's choosing to fail.

It's that I'm aggravated when a man's image, such as tattoos but it could be anything, makes up for the things he's done that suggest he is not boyfriend material for anyone, and not even a good person. But because he has the image, it doesn't matter. I don't know. I'm of the mindset that a stable, sane, mature, good guy doesn't go around overdosing on drugs and spending time in jail, and that stuff like that should carry more weight than what he looks like.

TheSkaFish said:
I'm of the mindset that a stable, sane, mature, good guy doesn't go around overdosing on drugs and spending time in jail, and that stuff like that should carry more weight than what he looks like.

Well that's a perfectly reasonable opinion.

VanillaCreme said:
I think it also helps when someone receives goodness from an unexpected source.

Very true! I imagine there are many things that could make a difference.

TheSkaFish said:
I'm of the mindset that a stable, sane, mature, good guy doesn't go around overdosing on drugs and spending time in jail, and that stuff like that should carry more weight than what he looks like.

Out of curiosity, how old is this guy? I remember that the girl you talk about is 19/almost 20, so I'm just wondering if he is quite young as well.

Solivagant said:
Out of curiosity, how old is this guy? I remember that the girl you talk about is 19/almost 20, so I'm just wondering if he is quite young as well.

He's the girl's boyfriend.....You know, the one that "stole" the girl from SkaFish.

TheRealCallie said:
Solivagant said:

He's the girl's boyfriend.....You know, the one that "stole" the girl from SkaFish.

:p

Yeah, that's why I was curious if they were close in age.

Latest posts

Back