Female attraction to beards and tattoos

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
It's not a "metalcore" thing. It's someone saying, "I want this to be done," and they have it done. They are people who have beards, tattoos, and piercings that don't listen to metalcore. If you don't want them, that's fine. But people don't have to share your thoughts about them. Beards, tattoos, and piercings existed way before metal even existed.
I meant the appeal to women is based on music and entertainment culture, I may have been a bit ignorant on the metalcore observation, I just know that a lot of women (my sister for example) are into those type of bands, it's in other subcultures too like Punk, Hard Rock, Metal and Indie.

At no point did I say it was a bad thing to have tattoos, beards, peircings, etc. I said express yourself in any way you want!

It's still not a "metalcore" thing. There are people who don't listen to metal that have all those three things. And people that listen to metal who don't have any of those three things. I like every type of music. Perhaps your sister just likes music. Maybe she doesn't really care for genres. Bands tend to have people who like them, regardless of what they look like, or sound like, or what genre they do. My friend told me a few weeks ago after learning that I loved Five Finger Death Punch that he would have never thought I'd like that type of music. I like it all. I know I'm not the only person like this.

Perhaps it's just noticeable to you that those who listen to metalcore have beards or tattoos or piercings. To me, music doesn't really have a look.

Nilla speaks the truth. I listen to every genre as well, including metalcore. One the other side of that, I know tattoo'd/pierced/bearded guys who listen to opera and classical music too.

I think people fail to visualize that yes, beards and tattoos are part of the culture of people who listen to metalcore, but that's just a subsection. It's not exclusive, and it's not mandatory either. I would arguably say a small subsection at that, especially if we are talking about beards (which is a physical characteristic associated with MANY styles and none at all, men let their beards grow just because most of the times) and tattoos (which can be done about many themes).

I understand what Juan is saying. But I just don't look at someone and automatically assume I know what they do or like. I completely understand what he's getting at. I just don't think that of people. It's fine if he does or if anyone else does though.

VanillaCreme said:
It's still not a "metalcore" thing. There are people who don't listen to metal that have all those three things. And people that listen to metal who don't have any of those three things. I like every type of music. Perhaps your sister just likes music. Maybe she doesn't really care for genres. Bands tend to have people who like them, regardless of what they look like, or sound like, or what genre they do. My friend told me a few weeks ago after learning that I loved Five Finger Death Punch that he would have never thought I'd like that type of music. I like it all. I know I'm not the only person like this.

Perhaps it's just noticeable to you that those who listen to metalcore have beards or tattoos or piercings. To me, music doesn't really have a look.
I don't stereotype, I'm aware there are musicians of all genres with varying looks, and some look as plain as can be, but let's be real, if it wasn't for people in bands and celebrities looking 'different' people would still be seen as creeps and thugs, my parents for example don't see the point of young people getting modifications, they were around before punk rock.

I don't particularly like beards or tattoos, but I wouldn't be like "He must not have a beard or tattoos!!" That seems quite odd to me.

I have noticed that beards have been popular for awhile, and that I'm the only person left I know of adult age who doesn't have any tattoos (aside from my parents and a few older relatives), but I haven't thought much of it. Who cares?

TheRealCallie said:
Quite honestly, I think many people would be surprised by who has tattoos, just because you can't see them, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't there.

^ Exactly. Practically everyone I know has them, but many times they're just hidden.

I have no idea what metalcore is. Is this a special code for people under 30? lol. I like Metallica. Are they metalcore?

Anyway, this is my opinion and my opinion only but I don't like tats or beards. Can't stand them. But that is only my personal opinion.

-Teresa

VanillaCreme said:
I can do without beards. I can do without tattoos. But something about a piercing... Lip ring in specifics... It's just woooo to me.

I don't like piercings at all. They make me a tad squeamish, depending on their placement.

Everyone's different. ^^

I can appreciate a well groomed beard & great body art, that's true.

However, a man that looks after himself, most especially from the inside out(& I'm talking mind, body & spirit here) is the most appealing thing for me.

That's just what does it for me though-as pointed out already by Solivagant we are all different.

Solivagant said:
VanillaCreme said:
I can do without beards. I can do without tattoos. But something about a piercing... Lip ring in specifics... It's just woooo to me.

I don't like piercings at all. They make me a tad squeamish, depending on their placement.

Everyone's different. ^^

Perhaps it's because I have so many myself. Nothing like hearing the crunch of cartilage as a needle gun is putting a hole in your ear that probably shouldn't be there.

I've never dated a woman with a beard, so... idk. :(

But I'm indifferent when it comes to tattoos and piercings. I'd only refuse to date someone with tattoos if they just had awful tattoos. Poorly drawn, in poor taste, etc.

Long beards no, scruff/goatee maybe, tatoos no, piercings no, good skin yes, longer hair (only if its kept thick healthy and clean)yes, short hair yes, glasses yes.

Now if the person had a small hidden tatoo that looks artistic and has spiritual or sentimental meaning, I certainly wouldn't not date them because of it. Im just not attracted to the look. I like the soft, gentle clean and nerdy look, not the rough, rugged, look.

For the record, I have far less of a problem with tattooed women than I have with tattooed men. On women, I just see it as just another style. Honestly, it doesn't really bug me, and in fact, if I held women to the same standard I would have eliminated at least one of the girls that so captivated me.

It's the whole "badass" thing with men, that brings out my venomous attitude. With them, I see someone trying really hard to be cool, with their skulls and demons and crap like that. The way they think they own the place and get a free pass to be as bad and more than that, stupid, as they please without any penalty. The whole "oh, I'm such a tough guy, I'm such a rebel, I'm dangerous. You want to watch out for me" persona. It doesn't impress or intimidate me, but rather, makes me want to cut them down. I don't act on these feelings because I am sensible enough to know it's not worth it. But I don't like them just the same. And the way otherwise intelligent, beautiful, and just wonderful women fall for that image because it's so romanticized and fetishized in our culture, even when the guy has blatantly displayed an utter lack of character, brains, and decency. Even when the guy is obviously a screw-up. That's what bothers me. I just feel they are the jocks of the world.

Seems like everyone has a different image in their heads when beards and or tattoos are mentioned. It conjures up images of kinda hippie and hipster types for me, not tough guys.

TheSkaFish said:
It's the whole "badass" thing with men, that brings out my venomous attitude. With them, I see someone trying really hard to be cool, with their skulls and demons and crap like that. The way they think they own the place and get a free pass to be as bad and more than that, stupid, as they please without any penalty.

You never know -- I'll bet RBF affects guys too. :p

Latest posts

Back