Female attraction to beards and tattoos

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSkaFish said:
On the bright side, no need to worry about me being a controlling abuser.....I'll either wind up alone or with no one important enough to me to even bother controlling. It sounds like too much work.

Wow

Actually I've never tried to control anyone, nor would I. I'm just saying, why would I, in that situation. It would be draining and for no reason.

I love how it's totally OK for other people to have wants and desires and visions and standards, but when I voice mine, I'm evil. I'm just supposed to accept whatever I get with a smile on my face, no matter how disappointing and heart-wrenching it is. While other people get to pick and choose, and disregard anyone they don't want as much as they please. That's okay because they're cool and when you're cool the rules don't apply. honeysuckle, this guy isn't even a typical "cool" guy and he's still better than me. Life is just one big "fresia you" to me it seems. Yes, I'm such an ungrateful ******* for wanting the same as the high flying choosers, for wanting happiness instead of despair.

We just had a huge fight. Me and her. It looks like this is it this time, and it looks like I'm going to go romantically unfulfilled in this life, either alone or with someone who means nothing to me. I just don't get to be happy in this area I guess. It doesn't matter what I do anymore or who I meet. Hope you're all so goddamn overjoyed then, since my sadness is your fun.

TheSkaFish said:
I love how it's totally OK for other people to have wants and desires and visions and standards, but when I voice mine, I'm evil. I'm just supposed to accept whatever I get with a smile on my face, no matter how disappointing and heart-wrenching it is. While other people get to pick and choose, and disregard anyone they don't want as much as they please. That's okay because they're cool and when you're cool the rules don't apply. honeysuckle, this guy isn't even a typical "cool" guy and he's still better than me. Life is just one big "fresia you" to me it seems. Yes, I'm such an ungrateful ******* for wanting the same as the high flying choosers, for wanting happiness instead of despair.

We just had a huge fight. Me and her. It looks like this is it this time, and it looks like I'm going to go romantically unfulfilled in this life, either alone or with someone who means nothing to me. I just don't get to be happy in this area I guess. It doesn't matter what I do anymore or who I meet. Hope you're all so goddamn overjoyed then, since my sadness is your fun.

It's perfectly fine for you to want something or to want to have something. But the way you go about it is horrendous.

How convenient is it for you to twist and bend words in order for them to benefit you? The majority of us aren't telling you that you should "just settle" for anyone else. That's something you're wanting to believe in just to justify this insane hate you have for a dude you don't know. You don't need to wipe your feet on people in order to get anywhere in life.

With the horrendous attitude you have towards women and people you don't know, do you really think you need to bother with anyone else?

TheSkaFish said:
Actually I've never tried to control anyone, nor would I. I'm just saying, why would I, in that situation. It would be draining and for no reason.

Oh please. No one takes happiness in your despair. You come across as thinking you're better than others.
And really....what does it say about you that you'd be "with someone who means nothing to me?" It means you'd KNOWINGLY be unfair to some poor hapless female by being with her when you don't give a rat's furry ass about her. If you are "romantically unfulfilled" it will be on YOU - not 99.9999% of the female population.
Until you come to terms with the fact that your thinking is flawed and illogical, you will continue to wallow in the same dirty emotional mire that you are in at this very moment. Get a job and go see a professional who can help you get a better understanding of how skewed your views are.

TheSkaFish said:
It doesn't matter what I do anymore or who I meet. Hope you're all so goddamn overjoyed then, since my sadness is your fun.

What could be fun about reading your words of obsession, about giving you advice that you completely ignore because it doesn't fit your narrow agenda, about seeing no progress in your thinking, about how you think you have only one freaking chance at love and now you are screwed forever?

What about that is fun for us? I can't speak for anyone but me, but every time I enter a thread that you guide back to this same, tired issue, I feel very frustrated. I think if people saw that you were open to help, or if you were improving at all, you'd get more sympathy. But so far, you only want everything on your narrow terms. We all get disappointed sometimes. We can either adapt, or become consumed by it.

Right now, you are completely consumed. Therefore, you are not thinking clearly. This is not fun.

VanillaCreme said:
How convenient is it for you to twist and bend words in order for them to benefit you? The majority of us aren't telling you that you should "just settle" for anyone else.

With the horrendous attitude you have towards women and people you don't know, do you really think you need to bother with anyone else?

Yes, but it's settling by definition. I didn't get what I want so I have to settle for who I'm able to attract.

I don't know if I need to bother with anyone else. I'm tired of going through life single, but at the same time, at this point there's no one I like that's left. I think that's my problem. It seems that you can't be too forward if you like someone, unless you're a certain kind of guy. If I like someone, I like them a lot almost immediately. Maybe that scares them away. And that's why I wouldn't have as much trouble with someone I wouldn't want, because my indifference would be real. It would probably come off as cool. That sure is a twist.

EveWasFramed said:
Oh please. No one takes happiness in your despair. You come across as thinking you're better than others.
And really....what does it say about you that you'd be "with someone who means nothing to me?" It means you'd KNOWINGLY be unfair to some poor hapless female by being with her when you don't give a rat's furry ass about her.

No, I don't think I'm better than most. That's the thing. I think I'm the same - no worse, no less capable, no less fun, and no less deserving to be happy. I think that I'm not beneath them. Yet that's how the universe treats me, like there's a pecking order and I'm trapped at the bottom even though I'm not really a bad person. I've just been dumped on enough to sour me. This guy is cool, he gets to pick. I am not, I don't. Why aren't I? I absolutely could do just as well at least.

Idk. If I can't have who I want then all that's left is who I don't. I don't want to be single for the rest of my life, but I'm definitely less than thrilled that it's going to turn out this way. All I can do is just go through the motions with someone and play along.

TheSkaFish said:
Idk. If I can't have who I want then all that's left is who I don't. I don't want to be single for the rest of my life, but I'm definitely less than thrilled that it's going to turn out this way. All I can do is just go through the motions with someone and play along.

Please. Do the females of the world a favor and don't attempt to foist yourself off on someone you don't even like or care about. It would make you a very ugly person indeed.

You can't reason with insanity and that is exactly what SkaFish's thoughts are. He's obsessed, he can't see or hear anything but what is in his own head. The same things keep playing over and over again and he never tries anything new. That is the definition of insanity. You need to get some help. This is no different than an addict or an alcoholic who can't see straight without drugs or alcohol. Skafish can't see straight unless he is controlling the situation. On this forum and in real life, he will never get the control he thinks he deserves and is entitled to, so he will become more and more bitter and more demanding and unreasonable until any last hope of him having a good life is gone completely.

Skafish, I think that when you are ready to take an honest objective look at yourself, your accomplishments or lack thereof, your physical appearance, your living situation, your job situation, your interest in or lack of hobbies/interests, your attitude and your goals or lack of...look in the mirror and see if it isn't you who needs to do the work instead of blaming everyone else for not being good enough for you. If you don't present yourself well, there isn't a chance that you will attract the woman you want. And if you want to continue biting the hand that feeds you, go ahead, but the advice train stops for me because as you know, I made efforts to try and help you and support you; and you just seem to not want to give a crap about it, I feel a little taken for granted, but I don't care enough to let it bother me any further. I wonder if a year from now you will be posting about the same subject or will you have finally realized that it's you who needs to change yourself before you can get the life you want.

I had a friend who is obese. I encouraged her until I was ragged to lose the weight, I offered to help her, support her daily, exercise with her, help her shop etc...she whined constantly about having to take blood pressure pills, not finding a man because she was too fat, people mocking her, clothes not fitting, generally being miserable. I met her in 2007, she is the same weight today as she was then plus diabetes, she just wasted another 7 years alone and in misery plus added another preventable disease for her, because she refused to face her reality and do something about it. She is also less one friend in me because I couldn't stand the whining anymore. I hope, again, that you will help yourself. Nobody here owes you a thing, but many people have tried to help you. It's frustrating for people who try to give advice to you, that is sound, to see you ignore it or twist it around.

I'm sorry you had a huge fight with her, and I hope that might be the catalyst for you to take the action you need. And if you think that my post in particular is a "ha ha I'm so happy you are sad" post, then you know what you can do with it. Just don't be so insulting to those who are trying to help you.

I thought this thread was about females attraction to beards and tattoos not about one persons plight. Lets keep this on track and drop what isn't relevant to the thread itself, thanks.

TheSkaFish said:
I didn't get what I want so I have to settle for who I'm able to attract.

Just answer this, honestly answer, and I won't say another, other thing about this topic.

Does what she want matter to you?

And I vote for saving goatees. They're my favorite.

goatee-saver.jpg

VanillaCreme said:
TheSkaFish said:
I didn't get what I want so I have to settle for who I'm able to attract.

Just answer this, honestly answer, and I won't say another, other thing about this topic.

Does what she want matter to you?

If I may answer? I wasn't sure I could anymore.

Yes, it matters. But because we used to get along so well, I don't see why it can't ever be me. I know I gave off the impression that I'm a horrible, evil person but I'm really not, not really. I don't see what's so fundamentally wrong with me that she doesn't think I could make her happy. Especially because she used to tell me all the time just that - how she enjoyed me and I made her happy.

And again lets just drop it instead of once again hijacking someone else thread. We have a PM system, if people want to continue off topic conversation take it there.

I thought the same thing. Where are the hands coming from? That's one flexible dude.

Back On Topic!

SarcasticJuan said:
So what's with this sudden obsession/desire? Is there some hot celeb trendsetter who started this? Is it some sort of political thing because they think they're more liberal and less uptight? Are any women here into traditionally attractive guys (clean cut or neat looking) or do you like things a bit untraditional, please explain why.

I don't have tattoos, myself. But for some reason, I have never been with a woman who has had no tattoos. It played no factor in my attraction to these women, but I do find it interesting that every gf I've ever had had at least one tat.

The way I see it, tattoos are not going out of style. Beards will also stick around, but their popularity will come and go as society deems them either cool or not.

As with anything else, what one person finds hot, others do not.

(Full Disclosure: I usually have a bit of a goatee or soul patch going because it's all I can grow and it helps me not get carded. Even though I am in my forties.)

This thread is TL;DR, but I'm sure there are plenty of females who feel it's unfair a lot of men are attracted to big knockers and booties...

I for one will never be able to grow out a beard or goatee. I'm in my late twenties and pretty much 100% of the time get assumed as a high school student. It sucks and it's weird, but what ever. Play the hand you got. It's got to win at some point.

[youtube]AO43p2Wqc08[/youtube]

Just saying one more thing here since I can't say it elsewhere.

Pike Creek said:
Skafish, I think that when you are ready to take an honest objective look at yourself, ........................I'm sorry you had a huge fight with her, and I hope that might be the catalyst for you to take the action you need. And if you think that my post in particular is a "ha ha I'm so happy you are sad" post, then you know what you can do with it. Just don't be so insulting to those who are trying to help you.

I wanted to let Pike know I was sorry she felt I insulted her. No, I didn't feel you were enjoying my sadness. I would have liked to be able to continue getting your advice, but I guess that's that.

Maybe your friend and I both feel the same way about our problems - maybe she felt no matter how hard she tried, she just could see herself ever being able to really lose the weight so she didn't see a point in doing the work. That's pretty much how I've felt my whole life about things.

I'll come back to your advice some day when I'm of the mind to process it. Bye for now.

I was considering getting a simple tattoo... in the future lol. So guys with tattoos are cool. Beards are cool. As long as they are not horrible people.

Latest posts

Back