FOOTBALL

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't watch soccer, but a close friend of mine loves it, and I was only rooting for Brazil because he was.

images

Other than that, I know nothing about it.

Maybe they put the pressure and expectations and are so dependent on Neymar so much that now he's gone, the whole team crumbles. It shouldn't be like that though. :\

I don't think having Neymar available would have made that much of a difference. It was painfully obvious that the Brazil team was a shadow of their former teams. I would have liked to see them win their home World Cup (since it couldn't be England), but to be honest, I was amazed they made the semi-finals.

I was expecting them to lose, but I wasn't expecting them to lose in such devastating fashion!

Prior to the start of the tournament, I picked the Netherlands to win, so we'll see what they can do tonight...

I'm not a football fan by the way :p but I always get caught in football conversations and end up sitting watching it cos others are... so, hmm, I guess, go Netherlands! Cos that's where I wanna head to soon! :D

Nah, I was actually expecting Brazil to lose. Our current team is nothing compared to our previous ones, like Cavey said. But since we made it to the semifinals, I thought we would at the very least lose greatfully. BUT NOPE. WORST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF OUR TEAM.

WHY

I couldn't stop screaming yesterday from joy. I've been waiting this victory since 2002 when Brazil beat Germany.
Now I feel like a burden i carried for so long faded away..

and all I have to say is:
GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY! GERMANY!

Brazil were woeful, Brazil has nothing but its name, the players all are sh*t. Marcelo is no Roberto Carlos, Maicon/Alves are no Cafu, Fernandinho is very far from Denilson, Oscar is no Ronaldinho and Fred is million miles away from Ronaldo.
What I loved the most about the game was Germany's composure. Özil had come under a lot of criticism but eventhough he delivered very well last night many will claim he underperformed because he didn't scored. But, mark my words, he will score on Sunday.
I'm in love with this whole squad. We didn't even saw Götze or Podolski or Draxler, not to mention Gündogan, Bender and Reus, yet they are kings of the world right now. But it will count for nothing unless they win it all.
I've always stated here that it's difficult seeing the likes of Oscar, Neymar, Willian, Luiz Gustavo, Ramires, Paulinho surpassing the likes of Götze, Özil, Müller, Kroos, Klose, Schweinsteiger, Khedira or anyone else.
There is no excuse. Germany are simply better than Brazil, no arguments

If Netherlands had won, I would have been happy with either them or Germany as a Finals winner.

Now that it's GER/ARG, it's all Germany for me.

Case said:
If Netherlands had won, I would have been happy with either them or Germany as a Finals winner.

Now that it's GER/ARG, it's all Germany for me.
Nope it is all ARG now! Let's hope this South American team makes it!! Since Brazil is gone!

I've never met a German that I didn't like, so I'll go with Germany. Besides, I've never forgiven Maradona for his 'hand of God' nor Diego Simeone for getting Beckham sent off. Now I feel old...

Drama said:
Germany's only obstacle left: Messi.

true. You can say he hasn't scored since the group stages but he is a lot unpredictable. He can score 5 in the final or he can not score at all. That's the problem about Messi and South American greats: you just never know.
However, I'm expecting Germany's composure and disciplined approach to win it. Hope Özil scores. He is by far the offensive stellar name of the squad statistically. He is also unpredictable, his passes change the course of the game in a manner only he can do. No wonder he assisted 27 goals for Cristiano Ronaldo while at Real Madrid :cool:
That guy's just awesome. I hope he scores. Go Germany!

I hope my man-crush of Thomas Müller will get to be celebrated as The best player on The best team. Even with all his success, he has been criminally overlooked when it comes to the greatest players of the current era.
Messi? Pche
Ronaldo? Meh
Give me Müller all year long.
(Okay I may be overdoing it a bit but you get my point)

Hope they make a Müller milsch flavored after the tears of beaten argentinians. They should call it Müller milsch Müller spezial!

Mr.YellowCat said:
I hope my man-crush of Thomas Müller will get to be celebrated as The best player on The best team. Even with all his success, he has been criminally overlooked when it comes to the greatest players of the current era.
Messi? Pche
Ronaldo? Meh

Hope they make a Müller milsch flavored after the tears of beaten argentinians. They should call it Müller milsch Müller spezial!

Germany have loads of really good players. Superstars like Messi tend to go missing in tournaments.

I think a comfortable 2.0 win for Germany.

Germany-Argentina is an unpredictable game.
But I'll risk a 3-0 wil for Germany since they dumped them 4-0 not so long ago :cool:

Triple Bogey said:
Mr.YellowCat said:
Messi? Pche
Ronaldo? Meh

Germany have loads of really good players. Superstars like Messi tend to go missing in tournaments.

I think a comfortable 2.0 win for Germany.

Thats why Müller is super cool, he never does (both last world cups were a thing of beauty from him).

But I think the match will be a lot closer, as people now are thinking the same Germany will show up. But it will be really close I think, Argentina plays with way more discipline (compared to Brazil) and they will make it really hard for Germany to penetrate the defence. And if their defence is steady, all it takes is a one Messi moment to till the weights in the favor of Argentina.

Latest posts

Back