FOR MEN: Looks don't mean honeysuckle...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
There are always lessons to be learned. We should consider this one of them I suppose. No harm, no foul.

That's good to hear and we all live an learn.

I think everyone missed the main point of this post because it got drowned in too many filler words and examples. The main point is that being confident in who you are as a person can make a bigger difference than what you look like or what your social standing is. Which is true. What you do with that confidence is up to you. You can be a jerk about it or use it to create meaningful relationships.

This is not meant to offend anyone who agrees with the OP, but you don't build meaningful relationships by misrepresenting who you are, which is what I see him implying should be done (misrepresenting who you really are) in this thread. He doesn't even SUGGEST that long-term relationships is his goal.

I think he might have meant to say that men should express self confidence, even if they don't think they're that great, because eventually, they will actually FEEL self confident.

But then he got himself side tracked by dwelling over his own little issues. Remember, he described himself as pale, with a goofy smile full of decaying teeth and a face that looks abnormally young and uniquely unsexy. (I suddenly picture Roshak from Watchmen with bad teeth.) He then stated that a woman wouldn't be attracted to a guy with bad posture who introduced himself by babbling about gaming. That example probably came from personal experience, too.

I'm starting to think MrPUA suffers from a bigger issue than being a stereotypical Pick Up Artist ****** bag. After all, he keeps hanging out on ALL, so something must be missing from his life.

I agree with all three posts above me. It had to have been coming from personal experience. And there must be some issue he thinks he has if he's here posting about it at all. Having confidence helps, yes indeed, but it's easier said than done to walk around with that confident style.

I agree. Be a dork if you're a dork. Some of us girls actually like that :p But if you're confident about being that dork, it helps. Though, personally, I find over-confidence a turn off.

You mean i cant get a girlfriend while giving advise about Zelda. If i have to choose one or the other i choose Zelda she excepts me even when i slouch and mumble.

I think looks do matter... I think good people die everyday... I think bad people get rewarded with breeding rights... and I think hell is way better then heaven cuz in heaven it's always air conditioned and I like the heat...

I also think we are all going to die and most likely in the way we don't want to and being rejected is a part of life and not everyone gets to mate. I also know if you expect nothing you won't be disappointed. Life isn't fair, looks fade, people change, good people die, jerks live, and if your human you will may have the chance to love some one whether it's returned equally or not... if your lucky you will get to share love with some one... and if you do find the love of your life who will love you till death with absolute faithfullness and NEVER fault against you... you are in denial or making plans to ensure you die first, cuz if you don't that's one heck of a cry...

Also, if you wait long enough, everyone looks the same... old... so in the end looks do matter, just a matter of how much...

I find taking regular showers and not smelling of pungeunt man stink odor is a good start for improving one's image... yay for old spice!

Nothing really to add to the substance of the argument because I agree: confidence is good, misrepresenting oneself, bad.

What struck me when I was reading through the new threads, was the title of the thread:

"FOR MEN: Looks don't mean honeysuckle..."

and in my head, I saw it as one of a pair of threads, the other being:

"FOR WOMEN: Looks DO Matter. Sorry, Girls. *shrug*"

Then I envision a thread filled with the whole "OMGWTF, we're attracted to HOT CHICKS who we want to HAVE SEX WITH because it's BIOLOGY, not because we're shallow douchebags" argument.

That's why I'm attracted to hot chicks. Good thing all of the women on ALL are hot chicks. I can be attracted to you all without worrying about coming off like a ****** bag.

^^^Yeah, I've heard about that. Upsets the balance of bacteria or something, right?

Either way, I never planned on douching much anyway. And you can take that both ways. And you can ignore that last sexual innuendo, too. (hehe)

I actually need some Zelda advice. I got stuck in Ocarina of Time and haven't been back to play it in like 2 years. If I had some advice, maybe I would have finished it :(

tehdreamer said:
I actually need some Zelda advice. I got stuck in Ocarina of Time and haven't been back to play it in like 2 years. If I had some advice, maybe I would have finished it :(
I assume you're stuck on the water temple?

Definitely the craziest temple in Ocarina of Time.

tehdreamer said:

I know we might be going off-topic here, but I just want to say Zelda the Orcarina of Time was one of the best games of all time and one of the most challenging too. The dungeons were very hard to complete and the most notable ones were the Water temple and the Spirit temple, it took a while to complete the game but I'm glad I finally did it in the end. :)

Latest posts

Back