FOR MEN: Looks don't mean honeysuckle...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
I actually enjoyed the Water Temple immensely!!

Fighting Dark Link was the highlight for me and it made up for the hard dungeon as a whole.

I was relieved when I finally finished the Water Temple it was undoubtedly the hardest temple in my opinion.

Anyway back on topic...:D

nerdygirl said:
Good thing all of the women on ALL are hot chicks.

You know it! :p

And anyway, I think that the whole "hot" thing is subjective. I have been attracted to people who weren't necessarily considered conventionally hot.

All that matters is if I am attracted to him, not if my friends want to do him. I've met too many people, both men and women, who attach more importance to whether or not their stupid little friends think that the guy/girl they're with is hot rather than consulting their own feelings on the matter.

^^^Agreed!

I may give a buddy a bit of a hard time if I find his girl to be an "aquired-taste beauty," but that doesn't mean that I don't wish him well with her or that I wouldn't learn to like her also. In fact, I find that usually I do end up enjoying my friends' girlfriends for their company, no matter what they look like.

And if some guy gave me trouble about the girl I was with, I'd give him some free dental work a la my fist.

I almost beat up an acquaintance of mine for hitting on my little sister last night. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him aside and told him to fresia off before we had a problem. Sorry, but she shouldn't have to be bothered by sweaty mouth-breathers just because she decided to come to the fireworks show. Guy's on the fire department and frankly I've been considering him less and less of an asset lately. At one point he was close to "Firefighter Doe, come back me on this hoseline" but now he's more like "Firefighter Doe, heel my ladder and don't run off just because you see something shiny, you dumb fresia."

I questioned her about it later and she commented that he didn't exactly impress her with his intellect. Bahahahahahaha :D

This thread makes me think of him because he hits on every woman he sees pretty much unless somebody threatens him about it.

Brian said:
This thread makes me think of him because he hits on every woman he sees pretty much unless somebody threatens him about it.

Hate it when guys do that.

Back before I even had my first boyfriend, a guy that I had a class with asked me out. I just told him I'd get back to him because something just felt off, maybe because of the fact it was rushed.

I was a little flattered, but that all went out the window when I found out my intuition was spot on.

He had asked out three other girls that same day.

MrPUA said:
A post I read a couple months back, a GOOD post that relates directly to this post.

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/met-the-most-ugly-pua-ever-inspiring-s-vt62802.html

Of course, there's a lot of PUA jargon from Mystery method dudes (that's some ish I don't really advocate, but, this is a QUALITY post regardless).

Again, adding to this ideology.

Oh yeah, that forum of yours is extremely funny! I don't take it serious though!

MrPUA is too simplistic. I as a guy do not only find looks atractive in women. I also like great personalities. Girls who are very funny or outgoing atract me. Or girls, with whom i can talk very good. I also once nearly fell in love with a beautiful girl with a rotten character and tried to do my best to stop the feeling, but she lived in my student home, so that was nearly impossible. Luckily she went to live in Japan and was gone forever. Girls can become less attractive for me if i talk with them and it turns out that i don't like their personalities.

I also know that there are girls who do find looks very important. My own sister for instance, has only dated guys who could be models and she told me that a guy must be beautiful in the first place. I also know from other girls who are like that. That should be the main reason why nice looking girls mostly have noce looking boyfriends, because both like each others looks and character.

I guess MrPUA has a forum for guys who can't get girls, and advertises his site by claiming unrightfully that girls don't find looks important. For the avergae girl, looks are somewhat less important than for te average guys, that is something i can live with.

What will happen if too many guys do what PUA want, is that women get more arrogant and men turn into some actors pulling off a show. I prefer real people.

^^^Agree, agree, agree!! And if such does NOT work on the ladies, then they aren't the type of ladies that you want to be around anyway. Seriously. lol

It can also be plain easy. Some women are really specific. I think it is best to be a bit critical yourself, so when you really like someone, that person knows it is sincere.

Its all about who you are, and what would it be like if ya got together.

I half glanced over this thread and I have to say. I do agree with the creator.

Being a woman myself, I know for a fact that confidence is a lot more attractive for me. I know a lot of men who are very attractive, but they tend to mumble and are very quiet, making it hard to converse with them; so I'm put off it. On the other end of the scale, there's men who I wouldn't exactly call attractive, but I am attracted to them because they're fun to be around, confident, nice, a good laugh like.

Now I know some people are going to get ratty with me, telling me it's what's inside, not how much of a good joke, that counts.

But hey, I'm a giant nerd, I've played everything from Zelda to Shadowrun. And if a man approaches me, to talk about Zelda, and he pulls out his gameboy, hey, I'm all up for it. Though, if he comes up to me, slouched, mumbling, not looking me in the eye, THAT's when I'm put off by him.

I don't think you're all really getting the poster's point of view. I admit that a lot of men that get women because they are loud, confident and attractive. But I know for a fact when they're douches lol, which is why, I, and a lot of women, avoid them - though I'll admit that we don't have a great track record with that lol.

To which in summary. Heartful nice guys, yes, that is what a woman looks for, but to start things off, you need to be confident, attract her attention so she can see this. Heartfelt, nice guys, who bumble over their words aren't half as attractive unfortunately, but it can be worked on. I think if you take the plunge, smile widely and start a conversation, what can go wrong? And if it does, you learn a little on the way!

To be honest I think it's bullcrap that looks don't matter.

A lady at work was telling me about a time she was in a big hot-tub when about 5 very pretty women got in the other side. Not long after some guy (who my lady friend at work said was hot) entered the room. Immediately all of the women were talking about how hot he was and tried to get him to get into the hot tub. Had he been an unattractive guy that wouldn't have happened.

I'm not saying confidence isn't important, but looks will give you a starting advantage.

Latest posts

Back