Freerunning and/or parkour

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebolt

Do any of you guys and galls do that?

I've been interested in it for quite some time, but first i'd need to build up a healthy endurance for it. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone has done or does it and how it is and all, to them.

I think it's something everyone does as a kid, you think you're invincible and bounce off the walls all the time.

Hey Rosebolt.:)

I'm risking embarrassment here, but what it is that you are talking about Rosebolt? I'm not familiar with the terms.

LoneKiller said:
Hey Rosebolt.:)

I'm risking embarrassment here, but what it is that you are talking about Rosebolt? I'm not familiar with the terms.

Heeyy, don't worry, no judging here.

Here's a video showing what it's like if done properly.

[video=youtube]

Yeah its pretty cool want to try it myself nd btw I recently just watched a movie called "Freerunner" its great.

Parkour is kind of an inspiration to me- its one of my goals as I continue to rehab myself from last Decembers injury. I'm under no illusions of achieving the insane agility of someone who's mastered it but I simply want to find some degree of the smoothness and confidence seen in Parkour. There's some great videos on You-Tube that give instruction and I've noticed that there's "schools" or groups that teach it.

WildernessWildChild said:
Parkour is kind of an inspiration to me- its one of my goals as I continue to rehab myself from last Decembers injury. I'm under no illusions of achieving the insane agility of someone who's mastered it but I simply want to find some degree of the smoothness and confidence seen in Parkour. There's some great videos on You-Tube that give instruction and I've noticed that there's "schools" or groups that teach it.

Yeah, i found a channel as well. He has quite some tutorials on quite simple things, very good explaining and all. I wish you look on your journey to achieving this kind of stuff!

I've always thought parkour was amazing stuff to watch. I'm way too out of shape for it, though. Erm... why does it matter if anybody else does it in your city?

I used to, as a kid, since I was made of rubber and held together by magic back then. Climbing up..well, anything really. Even boring stuff as running along walls and just dropping off at the end, whatever. Was active. And fun.

Not so much anymore though, and it was never anything like those guys, sadly. Except every now and again one of us would take off our shirt and scale something REALLY AWESOME back then but now looks tiny and boring, now.

Sadness.

Then honeysuckle happened and as my friends trickled away I found myself being the guy who would sit next to and protect the pile of coats and bags my other now semi-friends would toss aside, while reading a book or something. Good times, yay!

I was a traceur for about a year before I gave it up, becoming distracted with school and stuff.

I'm always amazed when I see people doing that, wish I could looks like fun.

9006 said:
nerdygirl said:
Erm... why does it matter if anybody else does it in your city?

Maybe to learn from?

So... despite the videos and books available, people will just... not do anything because there isn't a person available to instruct them? It's a good thing folks like Georges Hébert didn't have that mentality.

nerdygirl said:
9006 said:
nerdygirl said:
Erm... why does it matter if anybody else does it in your city?

Maybe to learn from?

So... despite the videos and books available, people will just... not do anything because there isn't a person available to instruct them? It's a good thing folks like Georges Hébert didn't have that mentality.

Reading how to do flips in a book and actually being shown them in person are completely different.

Latest posts

Back