From a Different Perspective

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke_S

Reaction score
Recently I've come to the realisation that I too have fallen into the trap of thinking that the opposite sex are all the same. Jesus christ how could I be so blind, for a while I thought there would be no hope in me for having any sort of a decent relationship, and it would just be the same girl all over again...but even thinking that is just wrong of me, categorizing certain people into good or bad categories based on relationships is just wrong.

Theres a huge range of people out there with all different sorts of ways of dealing with things, some just go out and get a quick F*** with someone on the spur of the moment, I myself admit to being a culprit of this. Some people play the mindgame of jealousy in relaitonships, while the guy can play a certain role of being the showoff ******* type. A lot of people play these roles without even being aware of it.

But ****, I'm sick to death of mindgames, like Crow says, I can see the type from a mile off but I don't want part of their game anymore. I've had my eyes opened by someone I've met recently, I respect her enough to actually stop myself from asking her out since I don't think I'm mentally ready for it yet and am still getting over the immature relationships I've had in the past, some of which are the 'on and off' sort.

Well I'm not wasting my time with these anymore, Single or not shouldn't be a matter to me since at least I will know myself, and when the time comes, good things happen to those that wait...

Well I'm glad you rezlised this! :) I've done the same exact thing, thinking that every girl that wear hollister is a *****, or every emo girl is clingy...but my experiences tell be differently..I've seen preppy girls that cut themselves and emos that listen to rap ;) I guess judging someone by the way they dress is the worst way to go about things...Every girl is so unique...

i stopped judging by cliques or attire about 10 years ago when I was 14.... lol.

I still think super attractive women can be intimidating and lets face it... stereo-types exist because there is some bit of truth to most of them. But seeing how few people actually understand the amount of depth i believe that I have made me realize there is a chance that others are more than meets the eye (most aren't really, but some are).

Papabear said:
there is a chance that others are more than meets the eye (most aren't really, but some are).

This is cynicism I can identify with! lol

I don't think all women are the same. There's been nice women and crazy women in my life.
The hawt wild crazy women turns me on...just as some women likes bad boys.
I run from nice women or don't pick them.

Fotunately, I was in a relationship with a nice woman to actaully know and experince what that is.
I was kind of wierd...I even brought her clothe and jeweries at first to try to get
her to be a certain way at the begining of the realtionship. Basically I tried to turned
her into my ex-wf. She went alone with it for a little wild. There wasn't any turama
or dramma in that relationship. It took me a while to adjust and bascailly accept her
as she is..She was very nice and beautiful. Just not as flashing as my ex-wf.

Err..I was luckie she was nice and had a lot of patience
However...she put her foot down.
She cutted her beautiful long blonde hair oneday and told me "fcuk you" and
started wearing sun dresses instead of mini skirts with knee high boots :(

She also showed me a Ninja I could have and we purchased it for me.
Err...it kind of flipped me out...Nice women actaully buys me stuff :)
I still had to have some sort of adreline or danger in my life..lmao

I think the bad boy image I had also turned her on..lmao I knew it did.
She asked me out...

I also settle down a bit and learn how to live a different life style.
I also belive having 2 little children to raise mellowed both of us out.
We both became less selfish people and had to take into considerations of the girls.

She broke up with me becuase I was chasing the money or turned into a workaholic.
There wasn't any infidelities with another woman..but to her it was the samething.
The money became more important than her and the children.
In my mind...I thought I was doing all that for her and the children. ( I was living in denial)
The last year of the relationship..I started missing the girl's activities...plays, gymnastic, parades...etc
She even warned me for 6 months before she left me.
She also purchased a 4x4 truck for me a couple of weeks before she left me.
It was her way of saying ..."it's not about the money dude." :(

Bravo! I'm so used to seeing gender stereotyping on the forum, that I had to read all the posts twice! :p lol

KUDOS to you all for realizing that all men/women are not the same. :D

Latest posts

Back