Frustrated with dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pad79 said:
Ok. Well its made me feel a whole lot better about myself when im out on the town. Which means. That's helped me.

What have you done to improve things? and how many times do you now hit the town on a weekend?

I've done alot of the things you mentioned.  Got nice, well fitted clothes.  I'm well groomed.  I'm not not muscly but I have the right BMI.

Just saying it doesn't make girls trip over themselves for me.  Maybe if I approached them more my chances would be better with me 'fixed up'.  But its hard to approach girls who show no interest in you.

It just seems so impossible for me.  But so easy for everyone else.  I mean, when is someone going to say, 'I know this great girl, Im going to hook you two up'.  When am I going to bump into a girl that I click with.

michael2 said:
pad79 said:
Ok. Well its made me feel a whole lot better about myself when im out on the town. Which means. That's helped me.

What have you done to improve things? and how many times do you now hit the town on a weekend?

I've done alot of the things you mentioned.  Got nice, well fitted clothes.  I'm well groomed.  I'm not not muscly but I have the right BMI.

Just saying it doesn't make girls trip over themselves for me.  Maybe if I approached them more my chances would be better with me 'fixed up'.  But its hard to approach girls who show no interest in you.

It just seems so impossible for me.  But so easy for everyone else.  I mean, when is someone going to say, 'I know this great girl, Im going to hook you two up'.  When am I going to bump into a girl that I click with.

Some people, like you and me, are just born unlucky I guess.

michael2 said:
But its hard to approach girls who show no interest in you.

Yeah, and there's very few socially acceptable situations for this, particularly if you don't have a wide social circle and are no longer enrolled at university or in some other tertiary education.

But apparently all you need is the right attitude and willingness for self-improvement. Just that simple. Ugh.

michael2 said:

I don't recall how old you are, but I think more and more with women, they are "taught" to not really show interest.  It's the "play hard to get" crap.  It's indifference.  It's entitlement.  It's...well, it's a lot of things.  

But here's the thing.  You won't know unless you try.

Women would prefer to be in front of the king's horse than to make the first move.

TheRealCallie said:
michael2 said:

I don't recall how old you are, but I think more and more with women, they are "taught" to not really show interest.  It's the "play hard to get" crap.  It's indifference.  It's entitlement.  It's...well, it's a lot of things.  

But here's the thing.  You won't know unless you try.

I disagree, there might be some of that but I think it's mostly just the nature of most species on the planet and that includes us... Males peacock and approach, females choose the best to mate with. This could've changed since we developed into a civilized society and the top genes were replaced by money, it changed the power structure, but it stayed the same from when the guys had to peacock a girl's father until now. The dating world is just an amalgamation of civilized society values and a bunch of monkeys ******* in the woods.

That's not strictly entitlement, it's risk aversion. Why risk shame and rejection if it's not necessary.

TheRealCallie said:
AmyTheTemperamental said:
Richard_39 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Girls don't do self-improvement.

Then wtf have I been doing for the last 6 years?

Laundry.

Now get me a sandwich!

:D

There won't be any bacon on that sandwich.

But there might be a sausage on it if he doesn't be careful  :club:

Lol. Considering all the use I get out of it, might not be such a bad idea, at least it'll feed someone ;-)

Tealeaf said:
I used to meet guys on dating sites who would lead with how they had a job, car, etc, and I thought it was awkward (in case that's you). Most adults, unless they're a late bloomer or have some health struggles, do. Actual leeches are pretty rare. Doesn't say much about how people would get along.

Wow, beautiful sum-up, really.

It's worse for guys; you don't get replies ever, and if you do, it's literally "Hey." or something along those lines.

Online dating is such a waste of time. I wasted 10 years of my life off and on and I never found anything but frustration and ONE platonic friend. That's it.

I mean, I know who I am, I know why I would give it a shot, and sure there are others like that, but 99% as you also say, Tealeaf, are there just to be there or.... gasp, are incredibly socially awkward and have no idea how to talk to people.

I understand completely how someone boasting about basic parts of their life (that illustrates nothing about actual compatibility), but I swear the ones who just go "Cool, I got you to talk and reply to me...." literally just sit there and they don't know how to progress.

And how anyone thinks they can progress past a simple "Hey, you're cool :)" or something generic like that is even more baffling. Ugh. I'm amazed humans have ever hooked up at all, in any capacity.

Latest posts

Back