getting over an ex

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camilleon984

Reaction score
I'm posting this thread because I want advice of how to get over an ex. He broke up with me a week ago and we were together for 4 years and he was my first boyfriend even though i'm 26 now. I'm just trying to get to use to being single again and trying to keep myself occupied to not think about him by working and doing other things and what we had too much. I'm not ready to date again anytime soon. Any ideas of how I can keep getting past this difficult point in my life?

I'm really sorry about the break up :(

Time is really the best answer

it's not a bad idea, to possibly wallow for a few days, eat ice cream in your pajamas, of course i do that even when I'm in a good mood, because Ice cream and pajamas are great things

then just try to do stuff to keep you and your mind occupied, like work, or hobbies, I really like bikking and jogging as well as trying to be decent at musical instruments, really any kind of distraction is good

feel better soon

*hugs*

:D

Yup, lots and lots of distraction. I'm not gonna lie, once in a while in the future you'll think about it. It'll continue to suck, but it'll suck less, if not less then more like from very far away. If you're gonna watch movies once you've gotten past the wallowing point avoid romantic ones like the plague. Also, now you can totally do all of the things you couldn't do when you were in a relationship, like take a poop with the door open! AWESOME :D :D !!

I used the sedona method. Its a program that helps u let go of
negative feelings and thoughts.

Eventually I was able to break down
and cry...bascially still relasing emotional...not holding it in.
I have very strong emotional
bonding with her.

Bascailly I never knew when My feeling or thoughts her was going to come up. The sedano help me to
feel my feelings and just let go
of them.

Distracting myself from facing
my feelings never did me any good...
Its in my motive why I do things.
In the past I used to escap from
them...I couldnt run forever.

The rollers coast wasnt as bad.
This time...Very strong emotions
came up...but using sedona as
a tool help me through it.

I still felt feelings of sadness. .anger. Hurt And Apathy
The more I let go...I was able to
feel peace a lot quicker than before.
In a state of peace Im able to function.

Not listen to pop music or love songs
Try not to isolate. Be around family
and freinds if you can.
Know that ur vunale...for a while while
Lots of tips u can google....

camilleon984 said:
I'm posting this thread because I want advice of how to get over an ex. He broke up with me a week ago and we were together for 4 years and he was my first boyfriend even though i'm 26 now. I'm just trying to get to use to being single again and trying to keep myself occupied to not think about him by working and doing other things and what we had too much. I'm not ready to date again anytime soon. Any ideas of how I can keep getting past this difficult point in my life?

I have a relationship coming to an end Oct. 2. Though not in the service anymore, I have arranged to have an F-16 at my disposal that day. I plan to take it and have all the fun you can have in one. I suggest you find your own F-16 (equivalent) and go for it. There is much out there to live for and so much more out there that will give you the insight you need to move on.

throw yourself into a passion. now.

you don't miss him. he's a ****** for dumping you. you miss "passion".

go find it! good luck!

also, a box of double-a batteries goes a long way.

;)

the best thing you can do for yourself is first of all 'delete' him from your life, eg. his facebook friendship, photos, anything that might remind u of him and then have some time to yourself where u can 'heal'. i remember going through a bad breakup and the way i coped was hanging out with my girlfriends, getting more involved in things that interested me (like swimming!) and lots of selfish shopping where i bought myself some nice things, eventually i started to feel more like myself and while i didnt get over my breakup as quickly as i wanted to, it did help when i cut him out of my life. besides, u never know who u might meet in a week or month from now but there might also be new potential to be with someone who deserves u and is probably better for u in the long run :)

It has only been a week (well it was then) I'm sure you've gotten over him to some extent now. Time will take its place. But if it helps just think about all the bad things that happened between you two than you'll be glad you've gotten rid of him :)

Latest posts

Back