Give a random piece of advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99602062e1661b0f544dcd287722a014.jpg

Looking for some reason why you are in this situation is like looking at the roadmap once lost, to see where you came from. It does give you some indication of the problem.. but it would be much wiser to look at how you get out of the situation instead.

Be proactive, not reactive.

You must mind your thoughts. Our minds are weak when it comes to opinion and belief. You mind does, and will, lean towards belief over factual new information. This is bias, it is natural for our brains and if you are not present in your thoughts.. you will indulge it and entertain it as fact.

You must be mindful to be true to yourself, lest you be led around by biased fools with an agenda.

Learn how to think and think for yourself.

http://thedailyquotes.com/wp-conten...-quotes-pics-sayings-image-e1435574887212.png

Digitales said:
You must mind your thoughts. Our minds are weak when it comes to opinion and belief. You mind does, and will, lean towards belief over factual new information. This is bias, it is natural for our brains and if you are not present in your thoughts.. you will indulge it and entertain it as fact.

You must be mindful to be true to yourself, lest you be led around by biased fools with an agenda.

This is very true, I did jury service last week, and it was crazy how half the people on our case just ignored the fact there was hardly any evidence to convict the people and decided that they "must of done it" due to gut feelings and instincts. Gut feelings, instincts, beliefs, opinions, emotion all serve us well through life, but are not infallible

Life is too short and this moment is too precious of thinking about past because this moment is all what you have.

Don't be a dog among kings; be the king among dogs. To find what you're looking for, you have to lie down with dogs.

Life is too short to worry about being embarrassed...

If your thoughts are, like mine, scrambled because of anxiety, adhd or that's just how your brain works, and you're going through a tough time, keep a thought diary. In this diary you're able to coherently work out your thoughts and are able to step to one side to look at it from a more objective point of view, making it so you're less emotional and more rational. The diary is also great for writing a gratitude list, and I think it's great to write down 1 thing that made you happy, or smile or feel less sad each day (you can also purchase the Happiness Journey: A 5 year journal). Having a thought journal has enabled me to understand myself a lot better, whats upsetting me, what I can do about it and how I can do it. And what makes me happy and how to savour those moments when they happen. Disclaimer:it can be upsetting if you have epiphanies but it's because of them that I was able to make an action plan.

If you want real orange juice, squeeze it yourself. Most store bought ones aren't actually orange juice.

MisterLonely said:
DarkSelene said:
Sometimes it's time to shhhhhh

I lost count on the number of times I've been given this advise.... doesn't seem to stick with me though  :D

You're lovely, why would anyone tell you to shush? Haha

I really need to follow this one.

Pathological Altruism can often be just as bad as bad intentions, sometimes it can even be worse...

These are all bits of advice that I would give my past self, if I could:

- Don't listen to any news saying the world is going to end.

- Get good at something, the earlier the better. Life gets a lot harder the longer you go without being proficient at something, preferably something people find useful or interesting.

- Trustworthiness and competence seem to be the two main things that are most important to getting anywhere with people, and you don't seem to get too far without either, especially competence.

DarkSelene said:
MisterLonely said:
DarkSelene said:
Sometimes it's time to shhhhhh

I lost count on the number of times I've been given this advise.... doesn't seem to stick with me though  :D

You're lovely, why would anyone tell you to shush? Haha

I really need to follow this one.

Ha, thanks hon :).
Believe me I've been told a few times, mostly while I was still in school :p

I do hope you mean following your own advise! *looks over shoulder*, really though, please keep talking, you always have something interesting to say!

Latest posts

Back