Good enough to f*** but not enough to date...I should just sell my virginity...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
NOOOOO don't do it. :(

You're priceless, your virginity is priceless. Don't waste it for money that comes and goes so quickly. Memories never fade, Luna. Money does.

Can you live with the memory of selling yourself like that? I couldn't.

*HUG* YOU WILL MEET A MAN who will take care of you and give you that chance to show him how great you really are. Just keep it up, keep going...and you will find him. *HUG*

You make a very good point but umm since when does money "fade away"?

abe109 said:
Badjedidude said:
NOOOOO don't do it. :(

You're priceless, your virginity is priceless. Don't waste it for money that comes and goes so quickly. Memories never fade, Luna. Money does.

Can you live with the memory of selling yourself like that? I couldn't.

*HUG* YOU WILL MEET A MAN who will take care of you and give you that chance to show him how great you really are. Just keep it up, keep going...and you will find him. *HUG*

I'm guessing Steve meant "fade away" as in a figure of speech. You spend it on stuff, therefore it goes bye-bye. Memories aren't as easy to get rid of.

There are plenty of men who would give anything to be in a relationship with a woman like you. Don't ever forget it.

We're not all shallow arseholes.

Luna sorry, but your language............maybe it is me but what ever happen to Social Grace...............cant we as a society express our feelings without using foul language to get our point across?? Maybe I am just to old fashion............

AlonelyCrumpet said:
Luna sorry, but your language............maybe it is me but what ever happen to Social Grace...............cant we as a society express our feelings without using foul language to get our point across?? Maybe I am just to old fashion............

While I see where you are coming from, sometimes cursing seems the only way to get the severity of the point across.

abe109 said:

What I mean is that you can't take money with you when you die. If you think about it, money is just little slips of paper...why waste your life scrounging for slips of paper?

Better to enjoy family and friends; that's the TRUE wealth of this world.

And to sell yourself for slips of paper?

Just not worth it in the end.

Badjedidude said:
abe109 said:

What I mean is that you can't take money with you when you die. If you think about it, money is just little slips of paper...why waste your life scrounging for slips of paper?

Better to enjoy family and friends; that's the TRUE wealth of this world.

And to sell yourself for slips of paper?

Just not worth it in the end.

Well, to be fair money is more than just 'a slip of paper'....but I agree with what you're saying. Nothing is worth comprimising your body for.

I'm a 22 year old virgin and I would never go with a prostitute. I just wouldn't dream of comprimising myself in that way.

CAS said:
Well, to be fair money is more than just 'a slip of paper'

No, it's just paper.

It may REPRESENT wealth, but that actual wealth is hidden in a vault in huge underground facilities owned by the various major banks of the world. Remember, economic value in this world still stems from GOLD and other similar precious metals. That's one of the reasons that the stock market is so risky and prone to upsets; because it's all "fake" money. The only reason we have paper money is because it's more fluid and efficient than carrying around bars/coins of gold or silver like they used to do.

I GUARANTEE that if a "world-ending" scenario such as nuclear war/winter happened (or hell, even something like a civil war or something), your paper money would very swiftly become absolutely worthless.

So yes, paper money is just paper; and when it all comes down to it, we're all busting our asses working every day for pieces of paper that in and of themselves (without the promise of the banks--whom I'm not sure so very many trust anymore) are worth next to nothing.

EDIT: Case in point: Germany WWII, late war period. Reichmarks, due to inflation and war debt, lost most of their value, becoming worthless. People dumped wads of cash in the streets, gave entire "fortunes" to children to play with as building blocks. Even those Germans who were extremely rich ended up losing everything because they had accumulated what was, in the end, simply paper--the paper had LOST its represented wealth.

Kids playing with stacks of Reichsmark:
1672926797_7f3cd8ff8c.jpg

My point here is that paper money is indeed simply paper, and its representational connection to actual wealth is somewhat tenuous. So don't waste your time building up money (unless it's solid gold :D)... just focus on family and friends, the TRUE wealth that NOTHING can devalue.

Lol history/economics lesson over. :p

Badjedidude said:
CAS said:
Well, to be fair money is more than just 'a slip of paper'

No, it's just paper.

It may REPRESENT wealth, but that actual wealth is hidden in a vault in huge underground facilities owned by the various major banks of the world. Remember, economic value in this world still stems from GOLD and other similar precious metals. That's one of the reasons that the stock market is so risky and prone to upsets; because it's all "fake" money. The only reason we have paper money is because it's more fluid and efficient than carrying around bars/coins of gold or silver like they used to do.

I GUARANTEE that if a "world-ending" scenario such as nuclear war/winter happened (or hell, even something like a civil war or something), your paper money would very swiftly become absolutely worthless.

So yes, paper money is just paper; and when it all comes down to it, we're all busting our asses working every day for pieces of paper that in and of themselves (without the promise of the banks--whom I'm not sure so very many trust anymore) are worth next to nothing.

EDIT: Case in point: Germany WWII, late war period. Reichmarks, due to inflation and war debt, lost most of their value, becoming worthless. People dumped wads of cash in the streets, gave entire "fortunes" to children to play with as building blocks. Even those Germans who were extremely rich ended up losing everything because they had accumulated what was, in the end, simply paper--the paper had LOST its represented wealth.

1672926797_7f3cd8ff8c.jpg

My point here is that paper money is indeed simply paper, and its representational connection to actual wealth is somewhat tenuous. So don't waste your time building up money (unless it's solid gold :D)... just focus on family and friends, the TRUE wealth that NOTHING can devalue.

Yes but that 'paper' is what regular people like you and me, have to rely on to keep afloat in this world.

Badjedidude said:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2036/1672926797_7f3cd8ff8c.jpg

Completely agree with you there, especially last paragraph (not counting last line as a paragraph).

But I think you're got your history slightly wrong. The kids playing.. wasn't that in times of the great inflation in 1930s? After WWI Germany had to pay huge amounts of money, so they started printing it way too much and it lost its value. And that huge crisis is what caused Hitler to won the elections (and it did went much better for Germans and Germany in the first few years). We know what happened later, though.

Sorry for off-topic.

Matej said:
But I think you're got your history slightly wrong.

Nope. I don't have it wrong.

The Reichsmark was adopted in the early 1920s to replace the Papiermark (paper note) due to ITS huge inflation...and the Reichsmark gained value in the mid-to-late thirties because of Hitler's policies and world monetary interest in the growing empire.

However, around 1944-1945, the Reichsmark again completely lost its value. Nazi Germany money wasn't in demand around the globe, and they had printed so much of it, that Germany had no way to back it with actual value. Near the end of the war the Nazi military actually began paying for things with art items and gold bars...hence the worthlessness of paper money.

Reichsmark dollars were replaced by today's Deutsche Marks in the late 1940s.

Don't mess with the history teacher!! XD haha

Badjedidude said:
Nope. I don't have it wrong.

The Reichsmark was adopted in the early 1920s to replace the Papiermark (paper note) due to ITS huge inflation...and the Reichsmark gained value in the mid-to-late thirties because of Hitler's policies and world monetary interest in the growing empire.

However, around 1944-1945, the Reichsmark again completely lost its value. Nazi Germany money wasn't in demand around the globe, and they had printed so much of it, that Germany had no way to back it with actual value. Near the end of the war the Nazi military actually began paying for things with art items and gold bars...hence the worthlessness of paper money.

Reichsmark dollars were replaced by today's Deutsche Marks in the late 1940s.

Don't mess with the history teacher!! XD haha
Alright. Fine then. :shy:
I do believe you about the Reichsmark. However, it was in time of Papiermark that huge inflation happened. That's why I thought... and I remember seeing that (or similar) photo and the caption below.... guess I remember it wrong. :club:

^^^ Well, you're not WRONG...just thinking about the wrong specific period of inflation. :p

Germany's economic history is a very up-and-down one...they've gone through several periods of extreme inflation and monetary crisis. So yeah, there was one period during the Papiermark, but there was also another period as a direct cause of WWII...and then again later in the days of divided Germany during the Cold War. :)

Mmmm and that picture I posted COULD be Papiermarks... I didn't look closely at the caption from where I took it. But it's still symbolic of the point I was making so oh well. :p

Luna said:
MY DESPAIR IS NOW TURNING INTO RAGE!!!

1. Good enough to f*** but not enough to date

I don't know how the other females do it - but many of them have men interested in getting to know them; care for them; heart-broken over them etc.
Why the fresia is it that every man I have met - I get the instant Friends-with-benefits-zoned?
I would love to be friend-zoned!
I'd like friends!
If you want a booty-call, find a ******* girl that is looking for the same.
Why the fresia bother me and try to change my mind?
Why the fresia take the time and effort to PRETEND that you want more with me, when you don't?
I let everyone KNOW that I am not into flings, but I am not asking for instant marriage either.
I do not dress sexual or act sexual - I reek of this "good-girl" persona and have been compared to angels on numerous occasions (ahahah).

It's not as if I go to meat markets like bars; that, or "hook-up" with just anyone. I prefer the shy, quiet, book-loving, "good boys" that often are unnoticed by the general female population.
I adore sweet and dependable.
BUT I BRING OUT THE "I WANT TO fresia-AND-CHUCK YOU" BEAST IN THEM!
And after refusing and going our separate ways; they then spend their time crying over the ***** who broke their heart.

Refer to my (old) thread here:
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=9223

Such said "nice guys"; I boost their egos by constantly reassuring them and giving them compliments.
When I've nursed them back to health - they then fly away.
I'm not giving out compliments anymore and feeding into any shy guy's self-esteem issues.
It's like I'm just practice for the person that they truly want.
fresia THEM.
I hate to be like this...
So full of anger...
But I am ******* wanting to just slap every guy rightaboutnow!
(I hate women too)

fresia THEM AND WHY ME???

2. I should just sell my virginity (So...any...uh...takers?)

I read an article on how a chick managed to bring in $50,000 and got to travel to Italy, stay in a luxury hotel and wined and dined.
I figure, hey! Why not?
Beats giving it up to some idiot college student with debt to hell and just wants a fresia-and-chuck with no benefits to me.

It's crossed my mind several times - if I enter into it as a business transaction; it'd be better than me "sharing" myself with someone only to never hear from them the day after.
Ya know...with me constantly being Friends-with-benefits-zoned right from the start.
(I'm not even sexy)

I think as long as it were legit and safe...I would do it.
It's not as if I am waiting for a soul-mate or anything of the sort.
I only want to be intimate with someone who sincerely cares about me.
But I don't think that time will ever come, no matter how hard I delude myself.

I wonder how much I could hit up, honestly.

I don't think it's a bad idea, $25,000 or up would be worth it. Just tell them "no kissing" and a condom is a must.
You're only twenty, Luna, don't worry so much about men, you'll meet a decent guy someday.

Badjedidude said:
coricopat said:
Just because you met the guy at a library, don't assume he's gonna be any less interested in getting into your pants than the guy you met at a bar. At least the guy at the bar is being open and honest about his intentions (and probably at least knows what he's doing *wink wink nudge nudge*). There's a lot of guys out there that aren't ******** not because they're good people, but because they lack the balls necessary to be an *******.

But also understand that not EVERY guy you find in a library is going to be either spineless OR an *******...

...and at least the guys in the library most likely have other things going on in their life (studying, reading, hobbies, interests, life goals)....things other than partying/drinking/*******. I find that to be more honest than the bar ********, really.

Just because somebody is in a bar, it makes them a bar *******? I think not. Nice people like to go out for a drink, too, it's where a lot of people socialize. My mom always tells me "you won't meet anybody decent in a bar!" I've met many nice people in bars - people out with their friends, people watching a game, people out for a bite to eat, people who just need to get out of the house, lonely people just looking to socialize, etc.
"Bar people" doesn't necessarily mean "barfly." I've seen more turds in book stores, museums and art galleries than I have in bars.

I must also admit to looking down on everyone who goes in bars and labelling them skeeves and barflies.

I have never actually been -in- a bar.

Brian said:
I must also admit to looking down on everyone who goes in bars and labelling them skeeves and barflies.

i wouldnt say that i look down on them but i kind of get waht you mean. its just not my kind of people. i think that meeting someone in a bar is not a very good idea. honestly i think thats probably one of the worst places for young people to meet as far as talking to someone youd want to date goes. i never understood the appeal of that either.

only 50,000

sometimes when u feel so worthless, u think of those things...im a virgin too ... i guess youre feeling angry right now, cos youre feeling alone, and sad cos there nobody to love or comfort you, ... people use and abuse you, and break down all your defenses and your will, and you feel take it its yours youve broken me down, and i lose all will, do whatever you like

guess its a form of abuse, your vulnerable and passive, youve got to build yourself up a small piece a time

guess uve got to be kinder to yourself, and you can only do that, when someone else shows you kindness, cos they teach you how to be kind to yourself too.

guess in the long run, it wont be a good idea, 50000 can be spent easily, its not even the price of a house

Brian said:

Somebody has given you bad information.

edgecrusher said:
Brian said:

i wouldnt say that i look down on them but i kind of get waht you mean. its just not my kind of people. i think that meeting someone in a bar is not a very good idea. honestly i think thats probably one of the worst places for young people to meet as far as talking to someone youd want to date goes. i never understood the appeal of that either.

Read the bottom of my post #34.

Nivek said:
Somebody has given you bad information.

Well, I actually just kind of formulated my hypothesis off of the fact that I don't like drinking, and how much passionate hate I have for drunk people.

It probably didn't help that I worked with a guy who's exactly like me in that regard, and we spent a very significant amount of time making fun of the other crew members for drinking and smoking dope.

There is no science behind it, and I've come far enough to admit it's irrational. But I still maintain the viewpoint because I don't like bars. :p

Latest posts

Back