Guys, it really IS a numbers game

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiryu said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:
TripleBogey, what, exactly, do you mean when you say: "I don't have much going for me." Come on man, spill the beans!! Are you old? Fat? Bald? Poor? Unemployed? Mentally unstable? Addicted? Stinky? We are here to help, but we can't help if you aren't more forthcoming!

Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:
TripleBogey, what, exactly, do you mean when you say: "I don't have much going for me." Come on man, spill the beans!! Are you old? Fat? Bald? Poor? Unemployed? Mentally unstable? Addicted? Stinky? We are here to help, but we can't help if you aren't more forthcoming!

since you ask

ugly / funny looking
miserable face and speaking voice
funny body shape
a loner
still live at home
short
I look poor (even though I am not)
dead end job
no relationship experience
aloof
arrogant
a show off

okay, thanks for sharing, triple. Now let's deal with each of these in turn.

1-When you say "miserable face" do you have acne problems? Or do you just think that you are funny-looking?
2-You say that you still live at home. How old are you? Unless you are in your mid to late 30's or 40's I don't really see this is a big problem.
3-You say that you have a dead-end job, but then you say that you aren't "poor." So does your job pay well? I would imagine that since you live at home, you have plenty of $$$$ to spare, yes?
4-You say that you have no relationship experience, yet you admit to being both arrogant and a bit of a "show-off." How can those traits possibly jive?!!!!! Typically, self-described loners don't tend to be "arrogant show-offs", since you know, being an arrogant "show-off" implies that you are in the habit of "showing-off/putting on a show" in front of large groups of people, which is something which loners typically avoid doing at all costs.

1. losing my hair and my head shape makes me look odd. I look miserable even though most of the time I am not. I have mentioned this. My face just hangs into a frown unless I am smiling or laughing.

2. 45 but I want to stay at home for a number of reasons

3. I save like crazy but I ride a bike. I don't go on foreign holidays or dress in expensive gear. My job pays well for what I do.

4. I am arrogant about the things I am good at. Golf and maybe taking photographs. I am quick to talk about my good play. I have had 2 girlfriends and maybe 6 weeks experience of been with someone. I hate large groups but at work I probably come across as a know all, opinionated and 'clever'

If you saw me, if I posted a pic of myself then everybody would know why women aren't interested. I can't do it, it will be too depressing. There is one from about 2 years ago of me on here but that is a freak photograph were I look half decent.

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!! You, of everyone here, makes me want to smack some sense into you, or grab that good 'ol club of Eve's :club: and bonk you over the head with it...in a nice way, of course. :)

Stop....putting....yourself...DOWN!!! For goodness sake if you're so darn arrogant, start a post about all the wonderful, amazing, incredible, astounding things about yourself, brag away, show off!!! Grrrrr....just, please, don't keep putting yourself down because some of us here really think you're someone special. OK? Thanks...that's all. :D

triplebogey, just PM or email me your pic. I'll tell you whether or not you are F8ckable.

On a related note, you HAVE (by your own admission) gotten laid before, so you KNOW that at least SOME WOMEN think you are hot, so what's your beef, dude?! I am 35 and I have NEVER boinked a chick who wasn't a hooker or a stripper (whom I paid for the privilege)!!!

Hiryu said:
triplebogey, just PM or email me your pic. I'll tell you whether or not you are F8ckable.

On a related note, you HAVE (by your own admission) gotten laid before, so you KNOW that at least SOME WOMEN think you are hot, so what's your beef, dude?! In contrast, I am 35 and I have NEVER boinked a chick who wasn't a hooker or a stripper (whom I paid for the privilege)!!!

Hiryu said:

So, you are the one to decide whether a person is "fuckable" or not? :rolleyes:

Hiryu said:
In contrast, I am 35 and I have NEVER boinked a chick who wasn't a hooker or a stripper (whom I paid for the privilege)!!!

Who, right after you offered to let him know if he is fuckable, said this?

Hmm, I think he'd be better off asking a woman.

ringwood said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:

since you ask

ugly / funny looking
funny body shape
a loner
still live at home
short
dead end job
aloof
arrogant
a show off

1-When you say "miserable face" do you have acne problems? Or do you just think that you are funny-looking?
2-You say that you still live at home. How old are you? Unless you are in your mid to late 30's or 40's I don't really see this is a big problem.
3-You say that you have a dead-end job, but then you say that you aren't "poor." So does your job pay well? I would imagine that since you live at home, you have plenty of $$$$ to spare, yes?
4-You say that you have no relationship experience, yet you admit to being both arrogant and a bit of a "show-off." How can those traits possibly jive?!!!!! Typically, self-described loners don't tend to be "arrogant show-offs", since you know, being an arrogant "show-off" implies that you are in the habit of "showing-off/putting on a show" in front of large groups of people, which is something which loners typically avoid doing at all costs.

1. losing my hair and my head shape makes me look odd. I look miserable even though most of the time I am not. I have mentioned this. My face just hangs into a frown unless I am smiling or laughing.

3. I save like crazy but I ride a bike. I don't go on foreign holidays or dress in expensive gear. My job pays well for what I do.

4. I am arrogant about the things I am good at. Golf and maybe taking photographs. I am quick to talk about my good play. I have had 2 girlfriends and maybe 6 weeks experience of been with someone. I hate large groups but at work I probably come across as a know all, opinionated and 'clever'

If you saw me, if I posted a pic of myself then everybody would know why women aren't interested. I can't do it, it will be too depressing. There is one from about 2 years ago of me on here but that is a freak photograph were I look half decent.

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!! You, of everyone here, makes me want to smack some sense into you, or grab that good 'ol club of Eve's :club: and bonk you over the head with it...in a nice way, of course. :)

Stop....putting....yourself...DOWN!!! For goodness sake if you're so darn arrogant, start a post about all the wonderful, amazing, incredible, astounding things about yourself, brag away, show off!!! Grrrrr....just, please, don't keep putting yourself down because some of us here really think you're someone special. OK? Thanks...that's all. :D

lol !

I have just had a bath and I thought I was putting myself down too much so

I am kind, funny, generous, caring and some people (especially older ladies) seem to like me ! :)

All the customers at work think I am great and I bet I make their day when we have our little chats !

I do brag by showing off my photo's and I am always going on about my golf scores !

Hiryu said:

On a related note, you HAVE (by your own admission) gotten laid before, so you KNOW that at least SOME WOMEN think you are hot, so what's your beef, dude?! I am 35 and I have NEVER boinked a chick who wasn't a hooker or a stripper (whom I paid for the privilege)!!!

Hiryu said:

On a related note, you HAVE (by your own admission) gotten laid before, so you KNOW that at least SOME WOMEN think you are hot, so what's your beef, dude?! In contrast, I am 35 and I have NEVER boinked a chick who wasn't a hooker or a stripper (whom I paid for the privilege)!!!

xx

Hiryu said:

Hiryu said:

[/quote

TheRealCallie said:

Possibly playing Devil's Advocate here, but why is this? I'm a heterosexual man and have no problem telling another guy if, were I gay, I would fresia him or not :p

Not that my sole opinion really counts for much in general (who knows, maybe to the guy I'm saying it to, it would?)

I think if there is one gay dude, or a hetero dude that objectively says "I would" then logic tells me that out of the billions of people on Earth, at least one woman would agree. But I know what you are saying. It's not for one hooker-paying internet troll (no offense Hiryu :p) to make that call.

This is a silly conversation! But entertaining nonetheless.

I am an expert at determining whether or not people are physically attractive.

painter said:
TheRealCallie said:

Possibly playing Devil's Advocate here, but why is this? I'm a heterosexual man and have no problem telling another guy if, were I gay, I would fresia him or not :p

Not that my sole opinion really counts for much in general (who knows, maybe to the guy I'm saying it to, it would?)

I think if there is one gay dude, or a hetero dude that objectively says "I would" then logic tells me that out of the billions of people on Earth, at least one woman would agree. But I know what you are saying. It's not for one hooker-paying internet troll (no offense Hiryu :p) to make that call.

No offense taken, PaintersRadio. I rather like you. You're a good guy. Carry on...

painter said:
TheRealCallie said:

Because, unless he is gay, what a man says means nothing in the greater scheme of things, because he would NOT be ******* a man. Women think differently than men. (We all know it's true, so don't even make a debate about this)

But, in all honestly, unless he plans to get laid by the person that gives them their opinion, it doesn't really mean much, because every woman has a different opinion.
Also, I'd like to add that looks don't really mean anything (at least not to me), if you are hot, but you're also a pompous *******, I won't have anything to do with you. In the other direction, if the guy is sweet, but maybe not have the looks of what most people would call good looking, I would be more likely to have sex with the guy.

painter said:
TheRealCallie said:

I prefer hearing it from a female. I'm not homophobic btw, just not interested in a males determination regarding this subject.

TheRealCallie said:
Because, unless he is gay, what a man says means nothing in the greater scheme of things, because he would NOT be ******* a man. Women think differently than men. (We all know it's true, so don't even make a debate about this)

Hmm, I take offense at this tbh. Honestly I cannot believe that in this day and age people are still thinking, let alone saying things like this. I know plenty of exceptions, both male and female, to what I'm going to go ahead and assume are your "rules" for how men and women think. Of course, you are not wrong in some ways, IF we are talking in general. But the more people I meet, the more exceptions to these rules I find, and wow am I glad to find them. YOU will think the same as some women, and some women will also think differently to you, whose views may allign more my own.

It's this attitude that we are all sooo different that really holds us back. tumblr/facebook feminists, posting about what real men should/shouldn't do etc. It's horrid, and massively hypocritical. I'm not saying that you are one of these people, so perhaps I am going off on a tangent here, but it's a knock-on thought, you know?

And I think for anyone to say "yes, you're good-looking enough to have sex with" is a compliment, despite how shallow it appears, it really doesn't matter what gender is saying it to me. It's a more sordid way of saying a person is handsome/good looking. Perhaps many people wouldn't even want to know someone else's opinion of them in this way, but in this hypothetical situation, where a guy has pm'd his picture to another guy, asking him for his opinion, then it would be relevant. The inability to see a compliment like this is much more suspect to a person's character and shallowness.

Person 1: Hey I think you're good looking, and if I were gay I would have sex with you
Person 2: I don't give a honeysuckle what you think of me, I'm not gay so I don't care

You see? Which person here is more messed up.

So, if you please, go ahead and tell me how women think and I'll find women who either disagree with you or I'll agree with you myself, as a man. At our cores, don't we all want the same things? Really deep down at the core.

I think we're all just humans, you know? All the same, yet made up of varying individual traits. Alpha traits, Beta traits, manly traits, womanly traits. Mutual traits, somewhere inbetween. Hey I'm emotional too! I think "like a woman" a lot of the time, and it's true. People have commented on it before... so perhaps you are unfortunately right. But then again you're not, because I'm a man and I think and often act like a woman. Hmm.

TheRealCallie said:
Also, I'd like to add that looks don't really mean anything (at least not to me), if you are hot, but you're also a pompous *******, I won't have anything to do with you. In the other direction, if the guy is sweet, but maybe not have the looks of what most people would call good looking, I would be more likely to have sex with the guy.

I'm a man and I agree with this.

I think a better point for the whole "male evaluating a male" thing would be from the angle of competition.

I don't have to be gay to be able to look at another guy and decide whether or not he's fuckable. All it takes is a bit of common sense, human understanding, and observation. If I evaluate another guy as being potential competition on the dating market, then obviously he's most likely going to be considered fuckable by the women as well. Otherwise I wouldn't even count him as a threat. And that applies to physical features, to personality, to everything.

If I find a guy to be fuckable, he's probably fuckable -- not because I'd fresia him, but because I find that he could be competition and steal the women away from me.

BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL MINE! ALLLLL MINE!! NGGGRAAHHHH!!!! *huff huff, puffs out chest*

I'm not making an all-encompassing statement here. I'm just pointing out one way in which a guy evaluating a guy doesn't inherently carry a homosexual connotation... if that sort of thing is a hurdle for you.

ringwood said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:

since you ask

ugly / funny looking
funny body shape
a loner
still live at home
short
dead end job
aloof
arrogant
a show off

I'm sorry, that fella just goaded me into it.
Thanks for your kind words !

painter said:
TheRealCallie said:

Hmm, I take offense at this tbh. Honestly I cannot believe that in this day and age people are still thinking, let alone saying things like this. I know plenty of exceptions, both male and female, to what I'm going to go ahead and assume are your "rules" for how men and women think. Of course, you are not wrong in some ways, IF we are talking in general. But the more people I meet, the more exceptions to these rules I find, and wow am I glad to find them. YOU will think the same as some women, and some women will also think differently to you, whose views may allign more my own.

I didn't mean it to be offensive, so I'm sorry for that.
Yes, I could say that a woman is hot or that I'd fresia her (which I have said), but because of the fact that I'm not a man it doesn't mean much, because I wouldn't be the one that would actually be having sex with her.

painter said:
It's this attitude that we are all sooo different that really holds us back. tumblr/facebook feminists, posting about what real men should/shouldn't do etc. It's horrid, and massively hypocritical. I'm not saying that you are one of these people, so perhaps I am going off on a tangent here, but it's a knock-on thought, you know?

And I think for anyone to say "yes, you're good-looking enough to have sex with" is a compliment, despite how shallow it appears, it really doesn't matter what gender is saying it to me. It's a more sordid way of saying a person is handsome/good looking. Perhaps many people wouldn't even want to know someone else's opinion of them in this way, but in this hypothetical situation, where a guy has pm'd his picture to another guy, asking him for his opinion, then it would be relevant.

I don't think having the attitude that everyone is different is holding anyone back. We ARE all different. We all have our own opinions and beliefs, which regardless of whether or not you share some of those opinions/beliefs with other people, it is unlikely that you will find a person that feels exactly the same as you on all levels.
To me, everyone being different is what makes life worth living. It gives you a chance to get to know other people and share what you believe or share your opinions with others, as we are doing here. Life is a learning experience and if we weren't all so different, we wouldn't have anything to learn.

As for the compliment part of this section, I agree with that. It is a compliment, but unless the person that said it is actually going to have sex with you, it's kind of a moot point, because the next person may not agree.

painter said:
So, if you please, go ahead and tell me how women think and I'll find women who either disagree with you or I'll agree with you myself, as a man. At our cores, don't we all want the same things? Really deep down at the core.

It's a scientific fact that a man's brain is wired differently than a woman's. Therefore, women DO think differently than men.
So as not to have anyone coming in saying I don't provide proof, here's a link to just ONE such study...there are many more, if you are curious enough to search. Now, yes, the article does say this is general and not every man will necessarily think like a man and vice versa, it does more or less show what I'm saying.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-mens-brains-are-wired-differently-than-women/

painter said:
I think we're all just humans, you know? All the same, yet made up of varying individual traits. Alpha traits, Beta traits, manly traits, womanly traits. Hey I'm emotional too! I think "like a woman" a lot of the time, and it's true. People have commented on it before... so perhaps you are unfortunately right. But then again you're not, because I'm a man and I think and often act like a woman. Hmm.

Yes, we are all just humans. We all make mistakes, we all learn from those mistakes...well most of us do eventually. But, it's those varying individual traits that make us all different, not the same. So while we have being human in common, I feel that the individual traits make us all completely different than the next person.

Now, with all that said, most of what I say is based on my opinions or experiences. Some of my opinions can be backed up by facts, but unless I say it is a fact or someone calls something I say out, I won't bother to take it that far.

I also want to add that I think EVERY person is "fuckable." But, not EVERY PERSON will want to fresia you.

Badjedidude said:
BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL MINE! ALLLLL MINE!! NGGGRAAHHHH!!!! *huff huff, puffs out chest*

You wish....
*pops inflatable chest*

TheRealCallie said:
I didn't mean it to be offensive, so I'm sorry for that.

Thanks, and I'm sorry for getting offended in the first place. Not that I was foaming at the mouth, but you know :p

The whole men vs women thing really gets under my skin. Makes me think of nature vs nurture here, and I will possibly ramble about things which I have no idea are related to anything at all but here goes! I was mostly raised amongst females without much of a father figure, I always got along well with women (well, the ones that weren't ******* stupid, but that's not gender specific of course!) and often enjoyed being the only guy in the room for the night on a weekend with no devious intentions whatsoever - genuinely enjoying the company blah blah...

So despite not actually being one, I think I understand women well enough, my empathy dials are constantly set to eleven I don't fard it hard to relate to anyone at all, whatever their crime or sin, I understand it. If you are alive and have any kind of independent thought I can probably relate.

I don't know why I'm saying all this really, probably sound like a bit of a twat with all this "omg I so totally understand wimminz!" crap but hey I'm just talking. I suppose it's a theory for why I think I think the way I do!

TheRealCallie said:
I don't think having the attitude that everyone is different is holding anyone back. We ARE all different. We all have our own opinions and beliefs, which regardless of whether or not you share some of those opinions/beliefs with other people, it is unlikely that you will find a person that feels exactly the same as you on all levels.

Yes, this is my point really. You see in your original post I did not read it as "everyone is different" but as "50% of us are this way, the other 50% are the other way". Now this is probably me being overly sensitive to it, but I don't like to be excluded from anything because of what's between my legs (or, as your link shows, how my brain is apparently wired) nor do I like to be lumped into one category when often my views and opinions about humanity differ so greatly from fellow males, and my ex girlfriend refers to my moodswings as my "man period" :rolleyes::D

TheRealCallie said:
Now, yes, the article does say this is general and not every man will necessarily think like a man and vice versa

This comforts me some. I have absolutely zero proof for this besides my own experiences, but I think the number of exceptions to these rules is growing. At least I hope it is. Maybe it isn't. Maybe it's just the internet connecting me to the exceptions, and why I don't socialise so much anymore. Seeing all these people thinking and acting exactly like they should, displaying the ugliest traits of their respective genders... it's very refreshing to meet someone who goes against these grains, but yeah, unfortunately they're sometimes few and far between.

Well I feel like I'm rambling on a bit here so I'll finish this post and hope I didn't fresia up the quoting and stuff.

:p

Your apology for the salty language is accepted.. for now.

Now, where's that popcorn bucket... :D

Latest posts

Back