Hard core gamers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8aboi

Reaction score
Hey guys...i play a crap load of games...from racing games to stradegy...but my personal favourite call of duty...when i play online im always on top...i love trick shots and 360 's and absolotely love games...so tell me what games you play?how many hours?and how good are you at your favourite games?include other stuff you would like to share..

Oh i really like skateboard games,but you already know that from my name ;)

RPGs. Obsessively since childhood lol

I discovered Baldurs Gate in 98 (Think Id've been 11 then) and never looked back.

BG, BG2, Icewind Dale, Elder Scrolls (all) , Diablo 2 & 3, Dragon Age is a modern favourite, Word of Warcraft (one I had an 8 hour a day "problem" - as well as a full time job - had to stop). Really liked Fallout 3 too.

I must admit I suck at COD. However I did have an ex that ignored me for it constantly, so I never really find the urge to play it lol.

Just installed Aliens: Colonial Marines. Shall report in later

Haha nice...i heard aliens is a new game...thats not even out yet over here...but im getting it aswell...hope its good :)

i used to play things like halo and call of duty online but that just doesnt do it for me anymore. ive always preferred single player over multiplayer but now much more so. i also really like co-op stuff if its with a select few friends and not random people. my favorite series is mass effect. i like most western RPGs, shooters, and action games. i also really like guitar hero. im about to give aliens colonial marines a shot and i cant wait for bioshock infinite.

My favorites games are Fantasy mmorpgs, but I have played a lot of different kinds of games. I usually only play one game at a time though.

I Don't know how you can even play COD, I tried, couldn't even make it past first area, nay the first minute. I don't like war type games, and not just because I'm no good at them either! :p

My newest game is GW2 just got it Saturday, thanks to kamya's suggestion, it is an awesome game! :)

Currently I play QuakeLive which is an old school FPS. It's brutal, quite a horrid community of elitist jerks that laugh so hard at modern shooters such as CoD and Halo, and I see why - Quake is unrivaled as a fast-paced shooter with really amazing physics, strafe-jumping etc. All about the gameplay not the graphics.

I am also playing Guild Wars 2, I have a level 80 Elementalist and 80 Warrior. It's a really beautiful game with loads of cute stuff in it, but it's not without its faults of course. I realise this can be seen as a personal issue but I find many things there so impersonal that it often feels like I'm playing the loneliest mmo ever... or may as well just be playing a single player game. With no open world PvP or Guild Vs Guild (at the moment), everything feels incredibly pointless. My last mmo was a horrid free-to-play Korean-type grindfest, with open world PvP, and while GW2 was a really nice change from that and its horribly toxic community, I feel it lacks something similar to it, be it the drama those environments bring or just the competition in general. It just doesn't feel like anything I do in GW has any point to it... no one really cares if your server is winning in WvW.

I am currently on Anvil Rock server btw, if anyone else is there too feel free to message me about it.

Played GW2 as well, played the beta events. Have three lvl 80 characters, and five others, i played it alot since the launch but stopped a little more than 2 months ago. I played GW1 for about 8000 hours i think, i guess it struck me more than what arenanet is producing now. The idea is very very good, most of the result is really good as well, but it just misses the magic for me. It kind of bores me at the moment, though that is likely to change in the future.

Same with Skyrim, elders scrolls V, i loved oblivion, played skyrim quite alot as well, but i enjoyed oblivion way more and way longer. Had more magic for me.

Right now i play World of Tanks and Total War: Shogun 2. I really really love an RTS game like the latter, i love Japan as well, so when the game was announced my roof blew up. Strategy and coming up with different tactics is just something i love. Hence why i read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" several times, and i never read books.

Oh this is becoming quite the reply, oh well, i'll just keep typing for the heck of it.

My favourite kind of games then are RPGs and RTSs. I play/used to play shooters as well but i suck alot on them, i'm not sure why.

Anyway, apparently more people on here play GW2, my server is Piken Square, might log on again if we can meet up with some people, not sure if i'm up for it though, as i said, it bores me quite a bit now.

I was on Piken Square for a couple of weeks but switched to an American server because of my silly schedule.

Oh I also started playing Tera recently. Not sure if I like it that much but it is free to play now so why not.

I used to be a hardcore gamer in high school, especially during the Counterstrike years. I stopped for several years due to studies and other pursuits -- but then a friend introduced me to GW2 during beta testing a few months ago. I loved it so much that I bought one of those custom PCs that can run the ******* universe in the background, and now I'm at least a casual gamer, although I've really only been playing GW2. I'll try EQ: Next and whatever interesting MMO happens to come out, but it's been hard trying to play anything when I have GW2.

I play to relax and not think too much. I have a dagger/dagger thief - it's the only class I ever play on MMOs - and I'm thinking of making an alt just to transmute another order's set onto it :p. Don't confuse "casual" with "loves to play easy games," though: I couldn't stand post-BC WoW because it was too easy :p. I declined friends' invitations to their top 10 guild, because I just didn't feel rewarded at all. I love that the dungeons in GW2 are at least remotely challenging, and you really have to work for your look.

Painter's radio makes some valid points: the PvP is lacking and it really does feel like the loneliest MMO ever. The genre in general has been moving more toward single-player since EQ died. I've never joined guilds unless my irl friends were in them anyway, because a lot of the people on that genre are a little out there. In short, GW2 is great for casual players, or hardcore gamers who want to be able to put it down and pick it up whenever while playing other things, but it is not the game for the competitive crowd. Personally, I love that I can log in or out whenever I want and not feel like I'm falling behind.

painter said:
I am currently on Anvil Rock server btw, if anyone else is there too feel free to message me about it.

With guesting finally available, maybe we can all guest on one server for a bit or just have an ALL dungeon run going. :p

Sk8aboi said:
Oh i really like skateboard games,but you already know that from my name ;)

I was an avid skateboarder during high school, and the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series was my first online game. You've definitely played that if you're into skating games. I was on the best team/clan during Underground, which meant absolutely nothing, but we were invited to go to California and test the new game. Alas, I don't care much for that series anymore.

I absolutely loved the Tony Hawks series, adventure games such as Ratchet and Clank and sandbox style games like GTA. I don't play games as much any more but sometimes play an RPG like Fallout or retro games such as Sonic and soloman's key to waste a bit of time occasionally .

Skid Row 89 said:
I absolutely loved the Tony Hawks series, adventure games such as Ratchet and Clank and sandbox style games like GTA. I don't play games as much any more but sometimes play an RPG like Fallout or retro games such as Sonic and soloman's key to waste a bit of time occasionally .

Oh yeah, some adventurer stuff is cool too, e.g., Ico and Zelda. If I somehow lost internet connection and was unable to play GW2, I'd probably pop in Baldur's Gate, Fallout, etc.

I'm on Maguuma in gw2 if anyone wants to come check it out. Kamya.2361 is my username. Currently I'm running around on my ranger exploring maps and doing dungeons with guildies and stuff.

Same here, I'm on Maguuma server, but I'm just a level 10 atm :cool:
My username is Candicansviridis.8123 derived from Botanical Latin it means; candicans (frosty/white) viridis (green/to sprout.) lol the race I play on my main; Sylvari are botanical humanoids :D

Edited to say; My avatar is the Sylvari character I made. Candicans Viridis shes an Elementalist level 10 lol :D

I used to be a hardcore gamer but nowadays I don't play that much anymore. I do have a rediculously fast PC and an xbox. I'm still interested in electronics so I keep my hardware up to date. I occasionally buy a game on Steam, bought Alan Wake last week. I play counter strike about an hour a day. I play it since Source came out so I'm good at it.

I like rpg's, games with a good story, genre doesn't matter, and strategy games. I've played EVE Online for 3 years, best MMO out there but I played for like 4 hours a day and now I actually have a social life I decided to quit.

I actually only played american wasteland and skate 3 from all the skate games...skate 3 is the bomb...so amazing....borderlands 2 also kicks ass when you co op with a friend...amazing game..very similar to number one though...

I play wow, have my own guild, lead 10 man raids.
SC2. ended mid master the last few seasons as zerg.
Diablo 3 here and there.

on my off time. i like to play RPG's on consoles. Disgaea series is a huge one.

I tend to game quite a bit, at least I did in the past anyway. I rarely touch games that are First Person Shooter type unless they have a unique style of play, like The Darkness etc. I do tend to favour RTS, RPG and Strategy type games, anyway. I've always been a little sad about my gaming status because I always come across people talking about games I've never played, and it makes me doubt my status as a "hardcore gamer" somewhat. There are games I'm initially avoiding because of the huge player base surrounding them, like Final Fantasy...as much as I generally avoid flashier, over the top style of games (I'm all for unrealistic games like Fallout, Skyrim etc, just not the massive sword wielding, summoning giant creatures etc..meh) but yeah.

I've not even played the Zelda games, only in bits and pieces from my friends. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who say they're an epic varied gamer but the only games they've played are Call of Duty and Halo though.

Latest posts

Back