Have games lost there way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Poet

Reaction score
[youtube]W1ZtBCpo0eU[/youtube]

[youtube]C4yIxUOWrtw[/youtube]

[youtube]oYBysOqQujc[/youtube]

I just thought these were pretty clever in the way they show how different games have become today. As technology adapts, we're able to do and experience things in a myriad of forms. However, have developers lost sight in what makes things great?

Just thought it might make for an interesting discussion! :)

those videos are funny. i definitely agree that the amount of tutorial messages that pop up are annoying in many games now. i like figuring things out on my own for the most part. i dont mind the easier difficulties though because you dont have to pick them. and to be honest i have grown to play games for the same reason i watch movies, the story and experience of it. i dont like being sucked out of that because of having to redo a part many times in a row. overall though it seems games are getting simplified, but thats kind of everyones fault. i like shooters, but when very simple and short shooters are what sell the most, the developers will keep making them. id rather have a long single player game with no multiplayer than a short single player game with multiplayer. i feel like its almost to the point where call of duty should be multiplayer only or they should seperate campaign and multiplayer versions. its crazy how many people buy those games now and barely touch the campaign.

I love the supermario one lol. Games are getting a little off their game no pun intended. But nothing like the movie industry yet. In fact I'm starting to see games are becoming more captivating than movies. You have games that seem to focus more on online play rather than the games actual storyline, but as long as they keep coming out with games like Skyrim I'll be happy lol.

edgecrusher said:
id rather have a long single player game with no multiplayer than a short single player game with multiplayer.

I wish they gave a discount if you don't want the multiplayer part. I never play multiplayer games so I rarely buy ones that include that as a main selling point because i know that means they didn't make a good single player portion.

I think games have changed massively in a very short time. For some, this is perfect. But for me, this is not so perfect. I liked a lot of old games how they were. I don't like these new ways of playing games (Like with the Wii Controls and IToy ect) I think many developers these days only cater for a higher class of people. Not everyone. I for one cannot afford the games of today. Not unless I want to starve or something lol.

If you're a PC gamer, install steam. Their having crazy good sales right now.
It's going to keep rolling out until the 22nd. Every 8 hours will have new deals!

Armor Games make very original games. I think they are visionaries. They will be copied in the future, and will die without appreciation. Yes, this is the future of gaming, I predict! :p

This is only level 3
Achievement unlocked 3
Upgrade Complete

The consecuences of lacking spectacular graphics prove to be a desirable condition for the growth of ground-braking ideas that nourish the world and shift paradigms! :O

Latest posts

Back