Have you been diagnosed with anything? Mental illness? Health issue? If so, what?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you been diagnosed with?

• Depression

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Anxiety

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Aspergers

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Borderline Personality Disorder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OCD

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • PTSD

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Insomnia

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Thyroid Issues

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Adjustment Disorder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depression, PTSD, and Asperger's are the main things.

I am (or have been) also afflicted with a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, plantar fasciitis, Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder (aka Summer Depression/Summer SAD), social anxiety, brain damage, heart attack, an allergy to milk, thyroid issues (hypo), frequent joint and muscle problems/pain (probably a symptom of one or more of the other things), and chronic fatigue (to an extreme it sometimes seems; also probably a symptom of one or more of the other things). Many of these are probably interconnected.

Solivagant said:
Depression, PTSD, and Asperger's are the main things.

I am (or have been) also afflicted with a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, plantar fasciitis, Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder (aka Summer Depression/Summer SAD), social anxiety, brain damage, heart attack, an allergy to milk, thyroid issues (hypo), frequent joint and muscle problems/pain (probably a symptom of one or more of the other things), and chronic fatigue (to an extreme it sometimes seems; also probably a symptom of one or more of the other things). Many of these are probably interconnected.

:( awe. it sounds like you've had to go through an awful lot. i'm sorry to hear it. hang in there, yeah? you've made it this far.

Tealeaf said:
My parents gave me the STD known as life.

cleared-for-approach.gif

Just gotta hug that one out.

"Borderline Psychosis", years ago. Though I've always doubted the validity of that diagnosis, it seems the judgement was made in a rush after certain events. It doesn't matter much to me at the moment though. I have been dealing a bit with other things, which I haven't been diagnosed with, including Anxiety and OCD, but both things are better currently and have never been severe. I feel that mental disorders, can be much more complex than what simple diagnosis portrays.

Depression, anxiety, social fears, one very very rare syndrome which affects to my eyesight and it's in my brains, IBS, lactose intolerance, sensitivity to gluten and spices. Eh, what else... :rolleyes:

depression, anxiety diagnosed some years ago. I was denying it for the longest time, but finally accepted that the doctors were right and that "something is wrong with me". insomnia too, and more recently a mild form of agoraphobia

As for other issues, I got a weak immune system, causing me to be sick a lot, and for long times. and since i was a kid there has been something wrongly located on the upper part of my head. .that sometimes, especially if im really sick, it blocks a bit of the blood flow to the brain. Doctors said that it happens in such a small degree that it's nothing to worry about yet(with yet being the last 15 years), but i still go to get it tested almost yearly or any time it may occure more frequently or feel way stronger, as if it ever gets worse it can be dangerous.

Depression. PTSD. Bi Polar Disorder.

These are the main ones that I suffer with.

I have severe Borderline Personality Disorder. It has caused most of my relationships with people to crash and burn. I continuously push everyone out of my life, attempt suicide, make impulsive decisions, and typically feel as though I have no identity. My emotions run high, but they are often inward focused. Everything is somehow my fault. Everyone is plotting to against me to abandon me again. So I make desperate, misdirected attempts to try an stop these perceived abandonment s. People have tried to help me a lot throughout my life, but it seems like I've always indirectly pushed them away with my irrational behavior.

I've been diagnosed with Bi-Polar but that was changed later on. I don't go through long cycles with my emotions. I'm a rapid cycler. My emotions change drastically throughout the day. That, and all the symptoms that I described above are why I have BPD. NOT Bi-Polar.

I also have been diagnosed with ADHD. I have trouble managing my time, focusing in on any one thing that I see as boring for too long, and work very fast and sloppily because of it. Instead of going to high school I was out painting graffiti and shoplifting all day until I got expelled for the final time and dropped out. When I'm talking to people I speak at a million words a mile and often will walk up to a conversation I'm not apart of, interrupt it with something irrelevant, go on a long tangent, then when I'm not getting my desired responses, I just walk away without saying any thing. I'm pretty **** eccentric, and I've been told so a lot throughout my life. lol

Depression, anxiety, and PTSD. My PTSD treatment I feel is working well. My depression and anxiety has got better, the depression I read myself a lot better than 10 years ago, I look after myself a lot better in that regard. I ahem a reasonably good handle on this by trying out a lot of techniques until I found what helped.

'Have you been diagnosed with anything? Mental illness? Health issue?'

Yes, several. Many health. Very issues. Such mental. Wow.

Latest posts

Back