Have you ever been bullied and what do you think should be done about it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those bullies don't deserve a bullet through their head, they deserve a broken nose and bruises from the people they're bullying.

Well, guys, I'm at a loss. Murder isn't okay unless it's "justified" by what? god? through wars? for our "self perservation"? but...telling these kids who are so fragile...that it's not okay to stand up and say stop-when they see what happens in wars...

I guess I am just confused, frito.

sullirose said:
fox said:
Before I quit school, I was bullied. What would have been a help.. if teachers were to do anything at all. People who bullied me, they were much bigger than me, and no friends and teachers did not care. As i think of it now, I am not sure what else could do. I was too weak, I guess.

I was bullied as well, with the teachers IGNORING IT. I even had two people telling me "go get a stridex pad" in class, in the front row AND i looked right at the teacher and said "are you going to do anything?" then I threatened to kill one of them and the teacher sent ME out. I'm still raged up by all of it. It's sick that people let this honeysuckle happen. I honestly cheer the kids who shoot up their schools, they have the RIGHT.

Sorry if that seemed a bit twisted, but it's how I feel.

I understand you being upset for people being rude to you, but no, they don't have that right. No one has the right to end someone's life. Bullying the bullies is not the answer or the solution to the problem. It makes you no better than them. And no one deserves to be wished death upon for something like that. Like I said, I completely understand you being upset for someone being rude to you, but telling someone to use a Stridex pad isn't really that bad to threaten to kill someone. The teacher couldn't really do much, truth be told.

Next time, tell them to mind their business. Stridex pads don't even work.

Vanilla,

Stridex pads were the tip of the iceberg.

Believe me, I'm 22 and still angry, it wasn't normal "bullying".

I don't wish death upon anyone. Honestly death is a relief from this world. I'd wish them empathy.

The thing is, with situations like that, you have to think about what will affect you the most. Will what they say to you affect you most? Or will the consequences of what you do in return affect you the most? They certainly don't care if you - in school - get in trouble for what becomes of it. They sure as hell don't care what affects you. You have to care about it. You have to care about you, and not care about them. I know this is easier said than done, but you have to ignore mean, rude people. Because when you're a decent person, they don't deserve your time of day.

VanillaCreme said:
The teacher couldn't really do much, truth be told.

I'd have immediately thrown the kids out of that class for saying something like that to another student. Of course, I was bullied. No way in hell I would allow it. Not even a bit. Nipped in the bud it would be.

sullirose said:
I guess I am just confused, frito.

I understand rage.

You get your revenge by living well. By living better than them. By surviving them. In killing someone, you also sacrifice your life.

Think about it, Sulli. Focus on what I am about to say.

Your final act on this Earth would be you saying "Their lives are more important than mine. It is more important to take theirs than to keep mine. They are more significant than me."

Isn't that the ultimate irony? (that your final act on this Earth would be to agree with your bullies)

People just need to learn to stand up for themselves. You can't take honeysuckle from no one or more people will just walk over you. If your getting bullied then I say stand up for yourself and do something about it

LoneKiller said:
If you are an adult and a co-worker is bullying you and you rat him out, he may get a stern warning. These days, it's more likely though, that your employer and the bully are in the office laughing at you calling you a wimp. Now you are the laughing stock among the employees where you work.

This was my last boss, he did exactly that. Sometimes it would be me in the office with him when he was laughing. I never joined in with his laughter, he knew I thought he was an ass. He didn't care if no one else found it funny.

I did nothing about it when I was bullied. I just tried to ignore it and walk away. I nearly got my butt handed to me once for being a smartass, an older student thankfully stepped in. As I got older and saw younger kids getting bullied I put a stop to it. Of course by then I was older and bigger than the bully so it was easy.

I have always been bullied, seen as a weirdo, etc. It's nothing new, I am used to it.

However, there is no excuse for killing someone over it. Too many people die already. We need empathy, and to feel pity for the bullies, not to give them power over us.

I was in elementry school, a little bit of junior high, and then kind of left alone among the other "losers" in high school. Those other "losers" were great friends in my opinion so it didn't bother me at that point. I was always too quiet for most people, and never reached out so that was part of my issue. When I was younger.. it was because I acted silly like the boys and my hair was very curly/hard to maintain. Stupid reasons to pick on someone. Finding a cure for something like that is like trying to get everybody in the world to like each other- it isnt going to happen. However, if there were harsh punishments for that type of behavior in schools.. it may help a bit. Possibly a little class requiring kids to take so to be aware of this may do some good as well.

Bullying will always persist in schools and in the workplace. Honestly, it'll be impossible to completely obliterate bullying. No matter how many classes or programs you implement, in my opinion, they won't remove the problem completely. Students won't speak out because of fear, and bullies won't give a honeysuckle if they are given a detention. Bullies don't want to be in school, they want to terrorize and feel superior.

Ignoring them and/or fighting up to the bullies is the best course of action to take.

As convoluted as it may sound I believe an eye for an eye does not make the whole world go blind, rather it allows people to see and reflect upon the consequences of their own actions

Bullying may always persist but, if there is more compassionate and open minded people then won't bullying become less tolerable?

You'd need more compassionate and open minded kids for the school situation. Last I checked kids were stupid. :p

AngryKoreanMan said:
As convoluted as it may sound I believe an eye for an eye does not make the whole world go blind, rather it allows people to see and reflect upon the consequences of their own actions

Maybe hitting the bully, but killing him?

That is ridiculous.

You comment on my acne, I blow your head off with a rifle

IS NOT

an eye for an eye

LOL

You comment on my acne, I comment on your big forehead (just an example)

IS

an eye for an eye

Latest posts

Back