Health

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundel70

Reaction score
Greetings!

I wanted to take a few moments to just write out some of my thoughts and share some things will all of you fine people.

2 weeks ago I was very depressed. I was lonely, and in lots of pain. My shoulder hurt frequently. Well, one night the pain just kept getting worse and worse. My shoulder was so soar, and the pain was not like any other pain I had ever felt. It became unbearable. Nothing I could do would releive it.

It turns out that the shoulder pain was my heart attack. My chest never hurt, the pain never radiated, I was never short of breath, it was just my shoulder.

Once the EMTs where there and I realized what was going on, I saw death. For the first time in my 38 years, I knew that at some point in my life I was going to die. And for awhile there I thouhgt I actually may be that night. I wondered if my last hours on earth would be spent in a hospital emergency room as a dozen nurses and doctors worked furiously on me giving me medicines and reading my vital signs. Would the back of the ambulance be the last thing I ever see? Would the last words I hear on this earth be a nurse asking me to take a Nitro tablet? Would it hurt more? Would I pass out never to come to?

Obviously I made it through that, but my outlook on life is far more different. I am going to die someday. There is still so much I want to do. I am not ready to leave yet. I would rather live a lonely life than no life at all.

One thing thought that I did learn is that no matter what our circumstances are, we have control over our lives. It is up to us to live them. Not everyone has the same chances. Some are better off than others in some ways. Some have it easy. Some have it hard. Some are outgoing. Some are shy. Some are rich. Some are poor. No matter what life dealt you, though, ultimately it is up to us. Pain is often lifes' way of correcting us, of telling us we are doing it wrong. I lived a very unhealthy life for many years. Although the past year I have done so much better, it does catch up with you.

I urge you to be healthy. Please, watch what you eat. Excercise. Quit smoking. Life is finite. Heart attacks hurt. Bad. Really bad. Worse than anything I have ever experienced. Eating a bag of potato chips just isn't worth it anymore.

If you are lonely then do something about it! Lots of people here have posted really good advice...including myself. Don't be afraid to say hi to someone. Don't sit at home all the time. Go out, even if it is by yourself. Plug yourself into life. There are tons of things anyone who is lonely can do to meet someone. But if you stay at home then nothing will change. If you want your life circumstances to change, then you have to change. And, most of all, don't let fear stop you. Fear of rejection, of that people will make fun of you, no like you, that you will make an ass out of yourself, etc... Conquer that fear, and you will have good control over your life.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Love you guys!!!

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that, hopefully you're recoving and are feeling well. It's great that you've got that new look on life, i guess sometimes people realize it too late and think their too old to do something about it. you give some good advise, sir. and again, i hope youre feeling better..and yeah

A great post. I'm glad that you pulled through the illness and are here to share your insight.
I fear life because I can't see a way out of the bed I've made for myself but this has reminded me that I should fear death much more.

Thank you.

I'm so glad that you made it through that ordeal. You are right, though. Health is wealth. :)

I like the key point of the article that health is wealth.Well there are so many issues are spread world wide today,in such stuations such articles and awareness are really needed.

Latest posts

Back