Hello, new guy on the block

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z28

Reaction score
Well, not much to say about myself. I found this forum by googling "never had a girlfriend". I was surprised at how common this was. At first, I thought (by the name) that this forum was a depression forum. Glad to know that there's a forum for feeling lonely. Usually people mistake loneliness for depression.

Anyways, I'm 21 years old, reside in Washington, DC, and don't really have anyone. As you could probably tell, I'm pretty much alone. Don't have that "special person", whether it be a girlfriend, a good friend, someone that's like family, etc. I used to have a friend that was like my sister but that's long gone. Growing up, I was always caught up in problems, as such I never got to enjoy the social aspect of middle or high school. Never had a hs sweetheart, never had love, all I really had was issues. I was that kid that was seen as a trouble maker by the faculty and as a "loser" by about 75% of the student body. I managed to have a small circle, but life took that away from me as people started resorting to drugs and hard liquor as a past time, usually in combination.

So now, I'm just that loner dude in the neighborhood. Well perhaps not really that. I mean I am social but it's all superficial and I know people can tell I'm not really close to someone.

Anyone have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

BTW if anyone was wondering why I joined, I wanted to have a place to talk when certain aspects of living alone got me stuck.

Welcome to the forum. :) I hope you find what you're looking for here. You are always welcome to visit the chat room if you'd like some company.

Latest posts

Back