Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showjumper

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I sometimes get really sad and feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I used to have a lot of friends but now the only person really close to me is my fiance (and family). I had a best friend who I trusted and she posted hurtful rumors about me online and didn't think she did anything wrong. After that, I lost interest in having any "girl friends" because the drama and secrets isn't worth it to me anymore. I also moved around a lot when I was younger (2 - 5 yrs in one spot max), I always had to be the "new student" and after awhile, I stopped seeing the point in making friends because I will just lose them anyways, now I find it hard to make friends because I've developed an apathetic attitude.

I'm a 23 yr old female who always has a smile on my face, nicest person you'd meet but I don't really think people actually know how I feel deep inside. I don't consider myself depressed but I feel like I am on the edge of it sometimes. In my spare time I love to horseback ride and I find that as an escape for me, when I ride all my stress and worries fade away as I'm focused on the horse. Sometimes I wish I had a group of friends but then I worry that they will only cause problems for me like my ex-best did. I am trying to find my positive attitude that I used to have but finding it is hard. My parents divorced last year so that has put an emotional strain on me as well. I don't have any bullying problems or self esteem issues, I've just gotten to the point where I find a lot of people annoy me or I find them rude/immature and want nothing to do with them. I honestly would rather be on an island with horses, but I'm 23 yrs old, aren't I supposed to have friends?

Heey there, welcome to the forums!

First off, you're not supposed to do or have anything at all. Do what your heart tells you to, don't feel shackled by the chains of society.

That being said, i can see you do want to at least meet people, but finding the right people can be kind of hard. Believe it or not, not all people will use you like that, i'm sorry to hear about your experiences, but there are many people out there who like you just the way you are, and that includes the part of you that's hidden deep inside.

I hope you find some comfort on here, and find it to be a sanctuary where you can be your true self and perhaps meet some nice people.

If you ever want to talk to me about anything at all, don't hesitate to message me!

Hey there.

Sorry to hear about you ex "friend", sounds immature. I'm afraid there's no horses in here, but it makes up for that because we're all awesome people.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard!

I hope you find what you're missing inside.

Hi Showjumper, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll make many friends from here as I have done so. People are so cool here with very interesting personalities!

9006 said:
I'm afraid there's no horses in here, but it makes up for that because we're all awesome people.

Lmao..your posts always make me literally laugh out loud. No horses in here, but 9006 can pretend to be one if it'll make you feel better in the least, Showjumper! He's awesome and versatile like that. :)

Latest posts

Back