Hey Everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spare

Reaction score
Hello to all!

Whew, where to begin.

I'm a career 'Third Wheel'. A 'Spare Tire' might be a more appropriate term (hence the username). I'm just a couple months shy of my 28th birthday and I've never had a girlfriend, and I find I haven't the courage or the self-esteem to even attempt to find someone.

I'm not much of a social creature. Whenever I find myself in a social setting I usually end up off to the side somewhere, mired in awkward silence and [/font]intensely uncomfortable. So I don't go out much, and as a result it is difficult (nearly impossible) for me to meet new people. The general assumption is; you enter the adult world, garner life experiances, build character, meet someone, fall in love and live happily ever after. Life so far has managed to disuade me of this allusion, and I have a real fear that I will grow old and die alone.

I feel very bad about myself most of the time. I'm nowhere near the man I wanted to be, and I don't know if I have it in me to right the ship at this stage of the voyage. But you never know, I suppose.

I'm glad I found this site. I think it could be very theraputic.

Thanks!

hey spare welcome to the forum

i'm sorry life has been so unkind to you, i can emphathise wiht being a spare, to almost everyone i've ever known, i'm really just a back up friend, in the attic and only sees the light when you're having problems with you more important friends

:(

btw i really like your avitar lol

it's so entertaining

XD

Welcome to the forum, Spare. Yep, some people seem to live a pretty conventional life plan, but if I wanted that I wouldn't be here. There are no rules as to what you should be and when you should be it. When things come out right, it's often by chance.

Hope good things come to you soon.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Spare said:
I feel very bad about myself most of the time. I'm nowhere near the man I wanted to be, and I don't know if I have it in me to right the ship at this stage of the voyage. But you never know, I suppose.

Well put, I often feel the same. But I also believe that the only thing we can truly change, in my opinion at least, is ourselves. So don't give up, you just have to let it take it's time. :)

Spare said:
Hello to all!

Whew, where to begin.

I'm a career 'Third Wheel'. A 'Spare Tire' might be a more appropriate term (hence the username). I'm just a couple months shy of my 28th birthday and I've never had a girlfriend, and I find I haven't the courage or the self-esteem to even attempt to find someone.

I'm not much of a social creature. Whenever I find myself in a social setting I usually end up off to the side somewhere, mired in awkward silence and [/font]intensely uncomfortable. So I don't go out much, and as a result it is difficult (nearly impossible) for me to meet new people. The general assumption is; you enter the adult world, garner life experiances, build character, meet someone, fall in love and live happily ever after. Life so far has managed to disuade me of this allusion, and I have a real fear that I will grow old and die alone.

I'm glad I found this site. I think it could be very theraputic.

Thanks!
glad you joined! =^.^=
i'm not new here....but i never post....haha
but i hope i see you around! =^.^=

Welcome Spare! I can relate to most of what you've said. I'm 23 and haven't had a girlfriend. I'm trying to change that, but approaching girls makes me nervous. Social situations also make me uncomfortable.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I understand your concerns and your low self esteem. However, don't doubt yourself. It is never too late to turn around. Remember, you are your own worst enemy, and often your own harshest critic. I know it's hard, but don't give up. By keeping this negative mindset, you are allowing yourself to become this self fulfilling prophecy.

Latest posts

Back