Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly how my friend was. Used me as an emotional doormat. Got to the point where I didn't care about her anymore. Still don't.

The advice I give out is the same advice I use for myself. It's effective for a reason.

I rarely give advice but I should listen to the things I think when I read peoples threads.

Its one thing knowing whats wrong and how to fix it, it's another to have the strength to actually change.

To give advice all you need is the first part. To take it you need both.

I used to treat certain people like an emotional doormat in the past. I try not to do it anymore though. I try to check myself when I catch myself doing it.

Yes...I feel we should. Sometimes writing stuff down to ourselves can be helpful. I did this yesterday and made me realize some important stuff.

I would say, yes. Much of what I advise others is based on what I feel I would do in their situation. You can never go wrong with practising what you preach.

Yes. Even further, I'll say, ANY advice of any kind is usually made from personal experience, and most of the time, seeing someone else in a familiar rough spot helps us understand the whole picture of rough spots of our own experience. Whatever we say to them may still lack clarity in some way, but it's usually a good exercise of self-understanding.

I hope to keep to it. I kept up with mine last year, this year should be no different.

All CDs and DVDs I've bought after 2005 are still free of scratches (CD and DVD Act of 2006). That's one successful resolution.

Sure. I stuck to mine like a fat kid sticks to candy.

Actually, I stopped making New Year's Resolutions in my early teens. Doesn't make any sense for me to have any. If I will achieve something, it won't be because a new year turned over.

Hi everyone.:) I hope this thread finds you all well.

Someone that I love very much suggested that I take some "Me Time" to collect myself and get things in my life straightened up a little. I packed my PS3, and a bunch of chess books and spent a little time up at the lake in my grandmother's old cottage. No cable nor phone.

It seems weird taking some alone time when I'm a member of a forum with several who are suffering with loneliness. During this brief getaway, I
dealt with several problems going on in my life and have learned more about who I am.

I've been feeling much better ever since. It was certainly a lonely place to be this time of year, but it was just what I needed to help me think about life and it's purpose for me.

I just wanted to apologize for the late replies on any member's birthdays
and messages. I had no internet up at the lake. A belated happy birthday to all recent member's birthdays.

I'm glad to be back and feeling so much better mentally and spiritually.

God Bless.
Lonekiller

Another thread. You win the 'no one creates as much threads as me' Congrats :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back