Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GioRocket said:
If you are ever being chased by a bear you should run downhill.

Bears can't run downhill...

ARE YOU KIDDING!!! That just gives them more momentum.

The bears front legs are heavier than their back ones so when going down hill they kinda stumble and rollie pollie over their own head..

Though to be fair I did hear this from a comedian...

xD

GioRocket said:
The bears front legs are heavier than their back ones so when going down hill they kinda stumble and rollie pollie over their own head..

xD

You've obviously never seen a Critter roll. That's sort of like a bear.

Crite.jpg

JasonM said:
GioRocket said:

xD

Crite.jpg

How is that like a bear? It looks like Dracula breeded with Micky Mouse lol

JasonM said:
GioRocket said:
JasonM said:

Crite.jpg

How is that like a bear? It looks like Dracula breeded with Micky Mouse lol

Ya, like I said...a bear. ;)
Oh man. Those little bastards! I remember them. I had the "Critters" poster on my wall when I was younger.

Yikes! I finally got to see the video (blocked at work). What the hell is that bear's problem? I would not have him be my proctologist.

JasonM said:
Yikes! I finally got to see the video (blocked at work). What the hell is that bear's problem? I would not have him be my proctologist.
The victim had beef jerky in his pocket.

I agree with Kat and Tropicalstarfish; natural selection.

I keep meaning to read a pop science book that tries to show that our positive and negative behaviours (from romantic love, to social violence) are found in our primate cousins. The book is called; Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors by Carl Sagan And Ann Druyan.

At times I do feel conflicted about liking to observe violence, but I (like the competitors) do not want to see anyone seriously or permenantly injured. But at the same time I've spent hours watching felony fights, etc.

I recognize that I have tendency within me to want to dominate others, and I think the best medium for that is combat and contact sports.

Personally I've done martial arts in the past and I love watching the UFC. When I heal some old injuries am going to take up submission wrestling.

Violent video games like GTA leave a bad taste in my mouth though and I don't play them, specifically because of the improvement of computer graphics - I loved the first couple of games, but they were like cartoons.

Personally I'm not interested in violence at all, and over the years I've become turned off to gore as well, and this is coming from a horror movie fan. I'd rather see watch a psychological thriller than something like Saw, Hostel or some other gore movie.

I'm not sure if it's age, becoming a father or both, but gore just doesn't appeal to me anymore and violence never did. I do have to agree, we are all more desensitized to it than we should be.

Felix said:
LoneKiller said:
rdor said:
The adrenaline rush around violence and the use of power obviously goes back to when humans hunted to survive.

Men are more entertained by that stuff.
They're also entertained by "Chick Fights". They have entire websites devoted to just that. In high school, two girls going at it was always a popular spectator sport among the fellas.:D

Yeah, if they are so non-violent, how come they're always going at it in the mud?? :p
Oh dear... a friend of mine actually wanted me to fight in the mudd. But with him ugh, now I never look at the mudd again the same. No way lol. No mudd for me.

Christmas time. Blessed time of year. Also the time for idiotic and insensitive gift giving. We've all heard the classic line when it comes to gift giving: "..It's the thought that counts.." Maybe so, but there are some gifts that are beyond caring and sensitivity. Gifts that you just know that the giver put absolutely zero thought into. This is the purpose of my thread. Here's an example:

This year, my phony "Pious" aunt and uncle bought me a pair of green sweatpants, and gave my brother the matching top. Some will say: "..It's better than nothing.." Well. I'm here to tell you that it's not. This wasn't the first time they did it either. I would rather have gotten half eaten bag of Doritos.

Have any of you ever received a Christmas gift, or any gift for that matter, that was so phony and lacked in any kind of thought whatsoever for your level of pleasure of receiving it?

Body fat scales, from my grandmother who likes to give away things that my grandfather doesn't liked before... I don't liked that, too.
And I got that to my 20th birthday, shortly after I gained weight in terms of muscles since I started training more seriously at that time.
Nearly sent me down into the depths of despair again...

LoneKiller said:
Christmas time. Blessed time of year. Also the time for idiotic and insensitive gift giving. We've all heard the classic line when it comes to gift giving: "..It's the thought that counts.." Maybe so, but there are some gifts that are beyond caring and sensitivity. Gifts that you just know that the giver put absolutely zero thought into. This is the purpose of my thread. Here's an example:

This year, my phony "Pious" aunt and uncle bought me a pair of green sweatpants, and gave my brother the matching top. Some will say: "..It's better than nothing.." Well. I'm here to tell you that it's not. This wasn't the first time they did it either. I would rather have gotten half eaten bag of Doritos.

Have any of you ever received a Christmas gift, or any gift for that matter, that was so phony and lacked in any kind of thought whatsoever for your level of pleasure of receiving it?

That's messed up. :(

I had a friend who once got a framed picture of his brother for Christmas. I'm not sure if that's insensitive but it seemed pretty self obsorbed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back