Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SophiaGrace said:

WHy are there so many anti psychiatry/psychology threads on this forum?
In my experience, the shrinks I spoke with had that attitude and feeling of superiority over my intelligence and personality. Just because they went to college and have a degree which allows them to think that they are superior over their patients doesn't mean that they are smarter or superior.

There are tons of folks out there who's intelligence are equal or even superior to a therapists. Just because some wingnut went to college doesn't make him any better than me. Just for the record, I didn't go looking for any psychiatrist. After I cut my wrist, I was sent to one who made me want to beat his face into hamburger with that arrogant attitude and feeling of mental superiority. They may be better educated, but that doesn't mean their brain is superior to other people's.

SophiaGrace said:
Eh...

we've already addressed this in your other thread.
Really? My apologies for coming across like an ass.
I kind of woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I shouldn't
have let that affect my conduct in this thread. Peeeez don't hate me.:)

To answer your original question I do not know enough about psychiatric drugs to make a knowledgeable and informed assessment.

I am on fluxotine currently.

SophiaGrace said:
To answer your original question I do not know enough about psychiatric drugs to make a knowledgeable and informed assessment.

I am on fluxotine currently.
I take Prozac as well.:)

LoneKiller said:

You should really start posting in the Debate section here. :p

I was on Haldol for a while when I had the money. Going on and coming off of it were both bitches, but the in-between time wasn't too bad. I think it was worth it even though there was a permanent effect gained from the thing.

Downside is it took a 72 hour hold in a psych-ward after two other drugs had no effect to find it.

Bottom Line: Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Problem is it's different for everyone. No one reacts the same.

Well sticking to the topic at hand, I don't agree with it. I know it helps some people but I often feel like it's a cop-out. Not on the person seeking help but those who are supposed to administer the help. Medication is to help us get better, not turn into something we have to be dependent on to function in life. We just haven't figured out how to deal with problems in a non medical way, the brain and its functions still hold so much mystery. So since we don't have an understanding of this the solution is to medicate it to make it go away. Not a good idea. That's what alcoholics and drug addicts do. Where's the difference? Because a so called "professional" said these pills will make you better? How about figuring out how to properly treat someones mental issues so they can function without having to pop a dozen pills.

I don't like hearing about people having to take dextron this and anitcotic that with protipsycho this (I just made those up) it makes me sad. That's what keeps me from going to see a "professional" I don't want them putting me on drugs. I want to learn how to deal with my problems. I see what it does to people, and our bodies begin to build immunities to it, so the solution is to switch or increase the medication. Well obviously our bodies are trying to tell us something, they don't want that stuff, its not fixing the problem.

Every time I hear someone say how they had to be switched to X because W wasn't working anymore I want to beat the person doing that to them. And then I want to give the person it's being done to a big hug until they are better and don't need the drugs anymore.

SophiaGrace said:
do you think it helps you?
I take 20mg a day. I find it very effective. I've been sober over a decade as well, which helps. Drinking in excess renders the pill ineffective. Sometimes doctors will prescribe "Lithium" in conjunction with the Prozac which apparently can make it work even better. My doc didn't prescribe me Lithium because for me, the Prozac works good on it's own.

I was prescribed Zoloft. I didn't take it though.

I decided to rely on myself to remove my anxiety, depression, and OCD.

SophiaGrace said:
Lithium is for mania. You have issues with mania?
No. I guess not. Otherwise he probably would have given it to me in conjunction. There is another medication I take 3 times a day, but I don't really want to say what it is.

FunkyBuddha said:
LoneKiller said:

You should really start posting in the Debate section here. :p

I was on Haldol for a while when I had the money. Going on and coming off of it were both bitches, but the in-between time wasn't too bad. I think it was worth it even though there was a permanent effect gained from the thing.

Downside is it took a 72 hour hold in a psych-ward after two other drugs had no effect to find it.

Bottom Line: Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Problem is it's different for everyone. No one reacts the same.
True.

I don't trust doctors who prescribe medicine without even getting to know you for a few days.

As always, there will be good doctors and bad doctors, finding one that you feel comfortable with and doesn't assign meds all the time is up to you. :p

I've been on a good number of meds myself. Sometimes helpful sometimes not. One actually made me feel more suicidal.

Even if it is just temporary it can help you get over a hump. I never did end up attempting suicide during my worst times. Temporary relief is better than no relief. And lots of people rely on medicines for all sorts of things, and it makes their lives more liveable.

Seeing as how this thread deals with cussing. I just wanted to give Chef Gordon Ramsay his props. That man cusses more than ANY person I've ever seen. Holy honeysuckle!

Dear Enemy, may the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment.

One of the forums my dad is on blanks out ALL swear words, it even did it when someone mentioned Dick Turpin! I call it his "kiddie forum" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back