Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I've replied to a thread like this one before. My loneliness and anxiety began when I was 13, and depression was added to that at 18.

I guess loneliness problems i started feeling in High School. But i was shy/quiet in school since the beginning.

Pretty much since kindergarten. I actually got in trouble from the teacher because I didn't "play with the other children." But they didn't want to play with me so....I get blamed for it. As usual. :\

Since I started school.
being one of few foreign kids in the neighborhood at the time.. couldnt understand teachers and other kids... in ESL until gr3...
always alone.

Recess was always bittersweet... couldnt wait to get out of the mold... but hated walking around alone... litterally... just walked around alone - at times get incorporated in others' games...

I lived across the street. and I went home afterschool... watched tv.. while it seemed everyone was going out to have fun. I remembered the first time I got invited to a birthday party, I felt scared. I didnt know anyone... and didnt understand what a party was for... funny now.. but new things scare me.

What little I did get of outdoors was in the form of going to the park and bum around alone... or ride my bike around the street, again, aimlessly alone.... I had the freedom to do anything... but failed to see a purpose.

Summer was the worst... everyday, just me and tv...

I had been able to go to camp for a few summers... it was refreshing... but didnt stick...

that type of mentality stuck with me as I grew up... I hate that about myself...
I so desperately want to be different in this regard of myself.

Que Pasa?

Has anything about you changed since you first joined until now? Myself,
I've learned a lot about my own issues by assisting those here with their particular problems. Much more than from some psychiatrist that's for sure.

I do not think anything about me changed since the time I start to come here..

I think I've started to feel myself old self again but I just needed time really. This place doesn't have all the answers but there are some good people here who will take an interest and share their feelings and that has to be a benefit.

LOL You should do that once a day, two tops.

On topic, no I haven't.

I've had a few accounts to date.

Me thinks i'm still a little honeysuckle ;)

Yes, mostly due to a handful of people. I've changed, and I'd like to think for the better.

I registered here back in 2008 and lurked for a bit before.

Since then, I finished college, got a real job, and moved out on my own. Lost that first job due to the economy. Got a tolerable job. Started and ended a 3 year relationship. Met new friends, and lost touch with others. Ran a triathlon, and lifted 255 pounds off of my chest. I started doing yoga and I continued trying to learn the guitar. Drank quite a bit of tea. I quit the tolerable job and got got a great job where many depend on me. I've read a little bit and I've seen a few new things.

I don't know how exactly I've changed, but I know I have. Perhaps I'm more refined?

I still have moments of loneliness and like befriending those who can relate to that feeling. I do like to think I handle it all considerably better.

I registered here back in 2008 and lurked for a bit before. I would not say the board itself has changed me, but...

Since then, I finished college, got a real job, and moved out on my own. Lost that first job due to the economy. Got a tolerable job. Started and ended a 3 year relationship. Met new friends, and lost touch with others. Ran a triathlon, and lifted 255 pounds off of my chest. I started doing yoga and I continued trying to learn the guitar. I drank quite a bit of tea. I quit the tolerable job and got a great job where many depend on me. I've read a little bit and I've seen a few new things.

I don't know how exactly I've changed, but I know I have. Perhaps I'm more refined?

I still have moments of loneliness and like befriending those who can relate to that feeling, so that's why I'm here.

I'm not sure about "changed" thats a very strong word but I've been effected by it and not all in positive ways either.

I've changed a bit, but it's for the better. I've started realizing that blaming everything on social anxiety and panic attacks is not a healthy thing to have.

Certain forum members supported me at a very low point emotionally and later encouraged me as I felt like I was going forward two steps and then backward one. I felt accepted here and branched out. Now I have an in person friend as well as a boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back