Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I was about to give up on socializing, still do.

I understand that when watching television tons of commercials come with the territory, but some are just shown too many **** times. Below is a vid of one I'm getting real sick and tired of seeing. Any of you have commercials that annoy the honeysuckle out of you by coming on too frequently?

Ancestry.ca
[youtube]kB_ehx9rloI[/youtube]

All of them? :p

Specially those which try too hard be funny or come up with lame songs.

99% of them. ******* commercials.

I enjoy seeing the ads on here try to fit the posts, like just now on 'Keep one, Junk one', Mike posted 'Ghost Hunt', below is a Pac-Man ad with the ghosts! :D

Any ads that are absurdly enthusiastic about the product peeve me to no end.

There's also this stupid insurance commercial that shows a woman leaving a man for his friend because the friend got a better insurance plan or some nonsense like that.

Adverts where women take time out to sit back, close their eyes and eat a yoghurt with an expression on their face that only their husband should ever see. It’s just a ******* yoghurt you silly cow!

Commercials that keep getting aired year after year after year after year. Archive it for pete's sake and make a new one.

I dunno. Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't see the appeal in texting. If you want to talk, pick up a Goddamn phone.

There are some people I know who you simply cannot have a short conversation with. If I need to let them know something quickly, or ask a question that I require just the answer to and not a 20 min full blown ramble, then I text.

Also, when I'm at work I can't make calls, so I tend to text my husband throughout the day

Haha. Texting was originally designed for service messages but got implemented as a Short Message Service (SMS) since people complained that the connection charge wasn't worth the short conversation they were having. There's you answer.. but in today's society it's "the way to talk".

One of the best inventions ever.

As a parent, it allows increased communication by removing the embarrassment factor for them contacting their parent when their peers are around.

As a professional, it allows communication during meetings or at other times during the day without disrupting others (unless you do it incessantly.)

And, it allows quick communication to friends or family of what is going on.

LoneKiller said:
Man. I've got to get more current.

That depends on how much it bothers you, I wouldn't feel obligated just because others are doing it. Look at Facebook, most other people are doing that... fresia that honeysuckle.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:
Man. I've got to get more current.

That depends on how much it bothers you, I wouldn't feel obligated just because others are doing it. Look at Facebook, most other people are doing that... fresia that honeysuckle.
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of Facebook either.

I have never figured out phones. I have no idea how to text.
Unfortunately that's how people communicate these days. You can stand 2 feet in front of someone and they won't talk to you unless you text them over a phone.

I'll see people standing in a circle texting each other and I'll say, "phones are not allowed! Our faces are up here!"

I don't do Facebook either. But then I have Facebook blocked on my computer. If you try to access it, I have it set to deny access.

Sometimes I see people next to me on the bus and all they do is push those little buttons to write a message... what a drag. I always call, sms are the last resort for me.

I love that texting is prevalent. I can't call people because i'm nonverbal. Texting and facebook are how I talk to people. That and email.

Don't forget those that're deaf/disabled. They like texting and for good reason! If it wasn't so prevalent we couldn't communicate with others and it'd be a hassle for people to accomodate us and we'd be even more socially isolated than we already are.

Any Geiko commercial. They think they are being cute and clever but it gets old after a while. THere are probably a lot of others but those are the ones that stand out for me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back