Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavey said:
I've had loads of them. Most of them are down to my own stupidity. Numerous times I have eaten or drank too much and ended up vomiting. I also got food poisoning from a badly cooked burger. One story stands out though...

When I was in my late teens, I was temporarily living with my friend and his house was an absolute tip. We had no jobs, no TV and we just spent the entire time stoned out of our domes and laughing inanely. Think Beavis and Butthead and you wouldn't be far off. Anyway, we were really stoned, it was like 4am and we had no food... then we found several pounds of stewing steak in the bottom of his freezer. Unfortunately, we didn't have a microwave. We tried putting the whole thing under the grill, which just browned the outside, but left the inside luke-warm at best.

I still remember standing in the kitchen attempting to eat it in slices of stale bread. We just stood there with blood running down out faces from the raw meat. We were still laughing though.
I've had my fair share of the "Munchies" in my time. It's astounding how far one will go to eliminate the craving. I saw a dude who put melted Cheez Whiz on his egg rolls once.

Food poisoning, on the very first day of vacation, while being four months pregnant.
I ended up in the hospital because I couldn't stop throwing up and could hardly stand up for the back pain. There was only one drug they would give me for the pain because of the pregnancy. It didn't help the pain that much, but it sure did make me not give a rat's furry hiney that I was in pain, lol. I finally made it out of the condo and down to the beach a couple of days before the vacation was over. Luckily, I'm not all that fond of the beach.

I was on a coach to London when I was in my late teens, to work for a while (never get a coach from Glasgow to London - nightmare) I went to use the toilet at the back and squeezed past an old guy stood in the aisle, late 60s/early 70s. I could only have been going to the toilet, nowhere else. The toilet door said 'vacant' so I opened it to be greeted by the old guys elderly wife, sat on the toilet, massive knickers round her ankles!! Why did that old guy not stop me?? I've never lost that image. Branded in that little part of your brain reserved for when your own mind thinks you're getting too comfortable. 'Oh I see you seem to be happy and content there, well i've a got surprise for you...here have this image!!!!' F*ck you brain, f*ck you!!!

hahaha. I've just noticed that's 'bad FOOD experiences'. I just saw 'bad experiences' Ignore me. That story never happened, ok? Do I have to MIB mind wipe you all? I will!!

I think the most recent one was when I ate durian. I don't mind the smell. I don't even mind the flavour, though it was weird to have something that reminded me of sweet garlic. The problem was that I have issues with stomach acid, and this fruit is rather high in sulfur. I experienced quite a bit of pain all night, despite taking some medicine. I finally ended up vomiting.

Eating beans that weren't cooked all the way mixed with some eggs that werent cooked all the way. Makes you stay in the bathroom all day.

I had kfc chicken, boneless that wasn't cooked right, they were adament it was but it was stringy and felt as though it was from frozen or something (hard to explain!)

and made me gag, but I turned down a refund/replacement

Not had kfc since and now mcdonalds popcorn chicken is out and is miles better than theirs so never going to kfc again!

deprimise said:
Eating beans that weren't cooked all the way mixed with some eggs that werent cooked all the way. Makes you stay in the bathroom all day.

I wouldn't eat Pogs cooking either....

once I ate a whole container of sunsweet pitted prunes, I never knew prunes have great laxitive qualities, lets just say I can now relate to women who have experienced child birth, not in the pain sense but the breathing (heh heh hoo) and the contractions lol, after the whole ordeal I looked like a person who had just gone thru labour, sweat drenched and in need of a hospital bed:

Sometimes, when me and my family eat supper, I take one look at the supper and get scared by it. Afterwards I just can't eat it, that's how scared I am. I can't even look at it.
Beats me how one can get scared of particular kinds of dishes...

What was it like when you first joined? Were you nervous? Excited? Eager to start posting? Always looking at your rep count for your very first point? Your very first reply from your first thread?

When I first joined I was a little nervous due to not having a whole lot of friendly members from previous forums. I won't lie. I was excited to see my first reply and first rep point. You?

Godspeed.
LK

I felt accepted, though i remember fiercely disliking Limlim for being a troll on the site i saw as my sanctuary. Thankfully, i know better now, and i love Limlim.

I got a good response. Though, sometimes i had difficulty to understand people's point of view but this forum has given me a lot!! :) And yeah i was excited too, to see the first response to my thread, first reputation point and first PM ;)

When I first joined the forum, I was cautious, paranoid, shy and felt left out.. but yet I felt at home. Kinda like my real-life living situation. Took me awhile before I warmed up and started to post more. I didn't really care much for the rep points.. nor PMs really.

Rosebolt said:
I do care alot more for rep points than is healthy.

Predictable.

I can't remember what I felt, my life was a bit of a blur back then.

9006 said:
Rosebolt said:
I do care alot more for rep points than is healthy.

Predictable.

Look, we don't have to like each other, but we can at least ignore each other. I'm trying to stay away from you, you could try to stay away from me. Let's just handle this as mature adults, okay?

I too like rep points. Everyone likes social approval. 'tis human.

Relieved that there were other people who felt the same way and just don't sweep how you feel under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back