Hi there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justaguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm new here, found this forum googling about... well... you can guess it :D

so, here's a little introduction about myself: i'm 24, i live in italy, and i'm.. lonely. I think i ended up being alone because of 2 reasons: bad luck and bad decisions.

about the bad luck: i've always been a friendly guy... never had much problems making new friends as i get along with pretty much anyone, but i think i unfortunately ended up hangin out with the wrong people.

And here comes the bad decisions:

in the last years of high school i got tired of my crew... they were basically being ******** most of the time, they were the kind of people that keep you as a friend only because they need you for some reason, they don't care about you in the least and don't miss an occasion to show it.
So, i just cut it out with them.
I still had friends at school, and furthermore, the person i loved was there too, so i didn't really feel the need to find some new friends outside of school.

then, school ended and over time i got to meet school friends less and less, up to the point in which i am now, basically i got only 1/2 friends from school that i hear from time to time but nothing more.

and now for the pathetic part:

i mentioned that i loved a girl from my class at school. yeah well, fell in love for her on my 2nd year, and i was still in love up to some months ago... i knew nothing would have ever happened between us, i never confessed to her (i don't think i'm her type, and she always had a boyfriend, and when she didn't, she had always someone else in mind...) but i always kept dreaming and hoping that maybe someday...

that makes up for like 10 years i've "waited for her". i feel stupid. i'm not the kind of guy that feels the urge to just be with someone just to not be alone, when i fall in love with someone it's only her i want and couldn't care less about the others. (i didn't mention, but it's obvious, i didn't had a girlfriend all this time)

well, i finally forgot her just a while ago. but i got myself in a worse situation. As i spend most of the time online, i accidentally found myself chatting with a girl, which lives some hundreds of km away from me.... and guess what, yes, i fell for her. But this time is far worse, because we talk very often, and i know she's in love with someone else (she didn't mention it ever, but it's very obvious for various reasons) and everytime she writes something that reminds me that, it hurts pretty much. tried/trying to forget her, to not talk to her, but she just keeps popping again and again, and suggests me that she cares about my friendship.

well, that's pretty much all. i've already written more than i wanted to =P sorry for my english, i'm italian and i don't really know how to phrase some things correctly.

Hey and welcome :) Maybe you could learn from your first "mistake"? I mean, by going out and so on who knows, you might meet a new girl and fall for her...so you don't end up pining over this new girl for another decade. I'm in the same boat as you are, have been for nearly three years...I don't make friends easily haha, but you've got that advantage.

Heyo Justaguy, welcome to the forum.

Maybe you should consider telling her about your feelings. I know that's probably the most awkard thing to do right now and it may possible ruin your friendship, but it's way better than letting a perfectly good friendship go to waste. Try to be subtle about it, maybe ask her what she thinks about you, or ask about her experiences in relationships, ...

Good luck :)

Hi Justaguy. I can't offer you the fine advice others have because I'm truly terrible at relationships. But I hope things work out better for you in time. Your English is pretty good, by the way. You introduction was very clear.

thanks everyone :D

freeder said:
Hey and welcome :) Maybe you could learn from your first "mistake"? I mean, by going out and so on who knows, you might meet a new girl and fall for her...so you don't end up pining over this new girl for another decade. I'm in the same boat as you are, have been for nearly three years...I don't make friends easily haha, but you've got that advantage.

hehe, it's not as easy as it sounds... what i meant was really that i don't have problem to make new friends but when the situation allows it (for example, at school) but i'm not good at finding new people out of nowhere =P

Hexirius said:

Maybe you should consider telling her about your feelings. I know that's probably the most awkard thing to do right now and it may possible ruin your friendship, but it's way better than letting a perfectly good friendship go to waste. Try to be subtle about it, maybe ask her what she thinks about you, or ask about her experiences in relationships, ...

i thought about it so much... but, (well let me be true) i don't have the guts to do it. i am a reeeally shy person, and another thing i did not mention is that she's really a beautiful girl and there are always boys that tries to approach her, and she tells me about it... so i can see how pissed off she gets, and how she hates them and do everything she can to make them go away. and the last thing i want in the world is to end up like one of those guys...

@EveWasFramed: hey, you have an italian phrase under your nick :D know what it means? (i guess so, but still :p)

Justaguy said:

freeder said:

hehe, it's not as easy as it sounds... what i meant was really that i don't have problem to make new friends but when the situation allows it (for example, at school) but i'm not good at finding new people out of nowhere =P

Hexirius said:

i thought about it so much... but, (well let me be true) i don't have the guts to do it. i am a reeeally shy person, and another thing i did not mention is that she's really a beautiful girl and there are always boys that tries to approach her, and she tells me about it... so i can see how pissed off she gets, and how she hates them and do everything she can to make them go away. and the last thing i want in the world is to end up like one of those guys...

@EveWasFramed: hey, you have an italian phrase under your nick :D know what it means? (i guess so, but still :p)

lol:pYeah, I know what it means and it suits me well.
But, feel free to toss out any phrases in Italian that you feel my be of use, rofl. :p

hi just a guy welcome to the forum

i can kind of relate to having bad luck and i think that can lead to some bad descions unfortunatly

i did have some friends and most them of them were good people

but we didn't really do much if we hung out we just sat around and watched tv really, and that bored and frustrated me,

then my best friend of 9 years decides to hate me for no apparent reason and refused to talk to me about it

i was very upset and i kinda cut ties with all of them and i ended up here about a month and a half later

so i just wanted to say we're all in this together and i'm pulling for you

:D

and you're English is really pretty good

Justaguy said:

freeder said:

Ahh. I think telling her may not be such a bad idea...if you're too shy to tell her directly, you could hint at it...for example when she's going on about some guy, make a comment about how he's lucky to have such a beatiful girl or something. If she takes it badly, you could always say you meant it jokingly ;) Maybe if she knows how you feel, she won't mention the other guys so much...it'll make it easier on you.

freeder said:
Justaguy said:

freeder said:

Ahh. I think telling her may not be such a bad idea...if you're too shy to tell her directly, you could hint at it...for example when she's going on about some guy, make a comment about how he's lucky to have such a beatiful girl or something. If she takes it badly, you could always say you meant it jokingly ;) Maybe if she knows how you feel, she won't mention the other guys so much...it'll make it easier on you.

i tried to hint something at her, but perhaps i was a little too subtle. oh well, she is smart enough however to catch the message IF she wants. but she's not "listening".

well i finally took my decision and this time i hope to have the strenght to go through... i'm trying to forget her, to not talk to her. i'm already avoiding her, and she's getting pretty pissed off already. Soon she'll probably figure out that i'm avoiding her on purpose, we'll see how she reacts.

i know many will disagree with my decision, many people told me to just confess, but i think it's after all better to just end it like this rather than going through a humiliating and painful rejection AND to end like this anyway.
and by the way, this morning i had another confirmation that she's still completely in love for her ex-boyfriend... (she hints at him in her blog...)

Hello, and welcome!

I understand what you are going through. I loved a girl for years, but never had the courage to tell her. My best friend, oblivious to my feelings, had no such problem, and from the moment he asked her out they were together for as long as I knew them. It hurt to see them together, but at the same time they were my friends, and it was far better having them both in my life as such than not at all.

This was long ago, and we've all moved on, and I haven't seen her in years. Not pursuing her in the beginning is one of the biggest regrets I have, but I do not regret the friendship we shared in the subsequent years that we knew each other. She truly was one of the best friends I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back