Hi :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartwood

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rebecca, I'm 18 and I live in the US.
I googled something about not having a lot of friends and found this forum.

I'm in community college right now, not because I didn't do well in high school, just because I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life. I don't have any friends there, and the I only have one real friend from high school, but since she moved to the city to go to school she's kind of moved on.

Anyway, I have two sisters who I'm very close with, but sometimes I feel like I live in their shadows. My younger sister is 16 and runs a popular website and everyone knows what a promising future she has. My twin sister is an artist and is getting into costume set design in plays. She starting a play with her friend this summer.
And then here I am, completely directionless without any real friends or life or anything.

Sorry if this turned out long!

Welcome to the site. :)

Sounds like you need to do a lot of soul searching and discovery. You're at that age though, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. Do you get involved with anything your sisters do?

Hellooo! Actually I think its a blessing to have sisters...its like inborn best friends! You can share your interest with them. But they can be competitive I guess. Don't feel like you have to live in their shadows because there are probably things you are better at. It might not be so outwardly identifiable like artistic talent but Im sure theres something 'special' in you! If not, you girls won't be twins but just carbon copies...treasure your own uniqueness...

It's hard to find your niche. Most people stumble upon their career, so it can't always be about how much effort or thought you out into it. I envy people who follow their passions and get a job in a field they've always admired. It helps to think about all the little things that your good at and think of them as careers, even the silly little things like being able to do a handstand or preferring peanut butter over chocolate as gymnast and taste tester respectively. I'm not suggesting you go out and try these things, but rather, allow yourself to be open to possibilities that you haven't tried before.

Latest posts

Back