Horror Films

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DayvanCowboy said:
Jacob's Ladder

I have been wanting to get around to watching that.

DayvanCowboy said:
Jacob's Ladder

Minus said:

DayvanCowboy said:
I highly recommend it. Probably the best thriller you could ever watch.

I finally got around to seeing it. I thought it was really good.

Minus said:
DayvanCowboy said:
Jacob's Ladder

Minus said:

DayvanCowboy said:
I highly recommend it. Probably the best thriller you could ever watch.

I finally got around to seeing it. I thought it was really good.

Nice. A lot of horror movies do not appeal to me that much, but its a great film to watch at least once. I would say its more of a thriller with some horror aspects.

Another film I think I mentioned before in this thread is John Carpenter's 'The Thing'. If anyone is ever craving for a good horror film with a campy b-movie style, its a good one to get your fill.

Event Horizon creeps me out BIG TIME. I look at the world a little differently for a while whenever I watch that one.

*sigh*

Well, now I have to watch it again. Crap.

Oh yeah, Event Horizon is brilliant! I think I was around 12 when I first saw it, it seriously freaked me out. :D I watched it again a couple of months ago with my brother and it was still very good, it's just a really well-made movie. :)

I recommend keeping an eye out for the movie Pandorum, it reminded me alot of Event Horizon! You can see the trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/pandorum/

I also have to agree about The Thing, it's definately a movie one has to see at least once!

I just watched Event Horizon again.

*shudder*

I feel tainted.

And yeah, Pandorum does looks interesting.

When I was young, I was terrified of horror movies. I was 5 when I saw my first horror movie. I think it was Halloween 4. Anyways, I hated them when I was younger. Now, they are my favorite type of movie. I don't get afraid of horror movies. I enjoy them and I think I am desensitized to them. My all time favorite horror flicks would have to be Halloween (1978), The Shining, IT, Hellraiser, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I detest horror movies made today.

I also like survival horror gaming, with the Silent Hill series as my all time favorite.

Ran across this on late night TV the other night.

2ewl2rr.jpg

A fairly typical slice of the cheesy 60's horror.

10mlena.jpg

The main reason i watched it was the soundtrack. Some song was playing and i just couldn't place what it was. It eventually dawned on me that it was the Scottish group "The Poets" and their song "That's the way it's got to be".

Cheesy movie with some decent music on the soundtrack.

ThePoets_scotland.jpg

1zvpvl0.jpg

The Beau Brummels playing "When It Comes To Your Love". A couple giant ducks show up to dance with the band. Aside from the look the band gave the ducks when they walked in no one really acts like it is anything out of the ordinary.

2mr6yrc.jpg

The Village of Giants [1965]

30af31g.jpg

Watching the 1955 movie Tarantula the other weekend, i never noticed that Clint Eastwood was one of the airplane pilots.

rac076.gif

2001 Maniacs is a must see horror movie, especially for any Robert Englund fans. So bloody watch it, NOW! :D

Those already familiar with the original film "2000 Maniacs" (directed by HG Lewis in 1964) will know what they’ve gotten themselves into as our main characters follow a bogus Detour sign and arrive in the town of Pleasant Valley, whose residents are hard at work preparing for their weekend "Guts and Glory Jubilee." Soon the Confederate knife fodder arrive with Yankee good looks and are declared "guests of honour" by the one-eyed Mayor Buckman. Little do they know they are in for a night of cannibalism and gore beyond anything they have ever experienced.

2001%20MANIACS.jpg
931_2001_maniacs.jpg

Punisher said:
2001 Maniacs is a must see horror movie, especially for any Robert Englund fans. So bloody watch it, NOW! :D

Those already familiar with the original film "2000 Maniacs" (directed by HG Lewis in 1964) will know what they’ve gotten themselves into as our main characters follow a bogus Detour sign and arrive in the town of Pleasant Valley, whose residents are hard at work preparing for their weekend "Guts and Glory Jubilee." Soon the Confederate knife fodder arrive with Yankee good looks and are declared "guests of honour" by the one-eyed Mayor Buckman. Little do they know they are in for a night of cannibalism and gore beyond anything they have ever experienced.

2001%20MANIACS.jpg
931_2001_maniacs.jpg

nice pun, robert englund is a badass actor

i may just watch this bad boy:)

I'm looking forward to seeing the re-make of "The Crazies". It has gotted a pretty good score on IMDB. :)

315is1x.jpg

I've always been a horror fan..watched john carpenters the thing for the umpteenth time the other night..always cheers me up..rob bottin's fx are genius..

Mike Moose said:
I've always been a horror fan..watched john carpenters the thing for the umpteenth time the other night..always cheers me up..rob bottin's fx are genius..

One of the best horror movies of all time. I still find it hard to believe it was made in 82.

Punisher said:
Mike Moose said:

One of the best horror movies of all time. I still find it hard to believe it was made in 82.

blew my mind when it came out.Just like The Evil Dead did..shame Sam Raimi didn't stick with horror..

I love horror films; the more they try to scare me, the more I laugh (unless they are asian horror films...those tend to scare the hell out of me because they are so creepy and non-cheesey-slasher-formula.

ether way, getting scared witless or having a great laugh at the non-terror, horror movies rule.

Latest posts

Back