Hot people lower my confidence.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
...whereas someone who gets that same attention for being "pretty" does not, because they have no disability to challenge them or cause them to grow internally.

Even if what you are saying has a kernel of truth to it, pretty people can still be presented with situations and events in their lives which yield plenty of opportunity for personal character growth.

Random people may be biased in favor of a pretty face, but that does not shield them from cancer, death and accidents. I bet that the pretty folk can buck up and pull through despite any character disability that comes along with being attractive.

cheaptrickfan said:
character disability that comes along with being attractive.

lol Character disability...

Why do I find this humorous?

:p

can you imagine someone saying " I have a character disability because I'm so damned beautiful." ???

:p

SophiaGrace said:
lol Character disability...

Why do I find this humorous?

can you imagine someone saying " I have a character disability because I'm so damned beautiful." ???

:) It was meant to be humorous, if slightly snarky.

cheaptrickfan: Oh, of course. I wasn't saying that EVERY pretty person is completely devoid of character or challenge in their life...but there is a surprisingly large lack of growth in those pretty people who HAVE been given everything/lots of attention.

----Steve

Yeah, if ur beautiful, ppl just like to give you more attention regardless of wether you want it or not,

If ur not dashingly handsome, or jaw-dropping gorgeous you'll have to work more on ur social skills to stay in the loop,
it's just how life is.

Badjedidude said:
cheaptrickfan: Oh, of course. I wasn't saying that EVERY pretty person is completely devoid of character or challenge in their life...but there is a surprisingly large lack of growth in those pretty people who HAVE been given everything/lots of attention.

And the other side of the coin is that I've known some pretty shallow non-pretty folk.

Anyway, why even tie it to attractiveness? Perhaps wealth is the defining factor, or over-indulgent parents? Or, better yet, maybe there is no one defining factor.

I just really hate blanket judgments made about one particular sector of a population, whether it's women, men, Christians, liberals, blacks, whites, gays, whatever. There is never any factual basis for it - it's nearly always anecdotal, and even the most well-traveled of us are not going to meet a significant portion of a population to justify even carefully worded statements like "Most women..." or "The majority of pretty people..."etc.

Sorry, but that's a major pet peeve of mine. *grumble*

Truth is half of the people or maybe 70% of them who say they are not beautiful and bla bla and others are way too beautiful and handsome, they are so ******* money and they dont even know it :p lol

Sanal said:
Truth is half of the people or maybe 70% of them who say they are not beautiful and bla bla and others are way too beautiful and handsome, they are so ******* money and they dont even know it :p lol

Well, that's just sad. :(

cheaptrickfan said:
Sanal said:

Well, that's just sad. :(

lol well someone should beat some sense into them that they arent any less than whom they think they are

cheaptrickfan said:
I just really hate blanket judgments made about one particular sector of a population, whether it's women, men, Christians, liberals, blacks, whites, gays, whatever. There is never any factual basis for it - it's nearly always anecdotal, and even the most well-traveled of us are not going to meet a significant portion of a population to justify even carefully worded statements like "Most women..." or "The majority of pretty people..."etc.

lol, well, if I ever miss you cheaptrickfan. I now know how to get you out of the woodwork.

All I have to do is create a thread that has a blatant generalization....it'd probably go something along the line of....

"why are all men so bald?!" in the thread subject line

and POOF! Cheaptrickfan would appear :p

It's foolproof!! :D

SophiaGrace said:
cheaptrickfan said:

lol, well, if I ever miss you cheaptrickfan. I now know how to get you out of the woodwork.

All I have to do is create a thread that has a blatant generalization....it'd probably go something along the line of....

lmfao :p Its true

Sweeping generalizations appear to be a pet peeve with a lot of people, us moderators included. :p

SophiaGrace said:

It's true. Better than the bat-signal. :p :D

haha ^_^

DISCLAIMER: Well, come on. There's nothing wrong with amicably discussing something like this, even if a few generalizations show up. At least you know (now, anyway) that I don't judge all people according to narrow-minded standards, even if I voice them on here. I like to argue, remember? :p

----Steve

Tryin to say something? @_o

Wanna go!? Let's go! *feebly raises wobbling fists*

----Steve

Latest posts

Back