How can serial killers get girlfriends but "nice guys" can't?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes, serial killers have something that you don't and that the fact that they're serial killers. I watched this show a few days ago and supposedly, that is something that makes them attractive to certain types of women. Think of it as a fetish.

Revengineer said:
Well, every guy knows that women are attracted to confidence. And you have to be pretty **** confident to murder a bunch of people like that. :p

Haha.

But I think this is along the right track, it's an extreme form of the "Women aren't attracted to nice guys" trite. Although there were hundreds of these women writing to this guy, who knows what type of women they were.

When you think that there are a lot of reasons this could apply to some women (fetishes, confidence, dominance, mysteriousness etc..) and the fact that serial killers are well publicized in society, it's kinda to be expected. Besides, because they're locked up these women wont have to fear that anything can come of it. Look at Charles Bronson - yeah he's not killed anybody, but has been branded one of the most violent people of all time and so many people (men and women) idolize him, mostly these people can relate to how that person feels and/or acted, maybe this is another reason.

TyCobbLegend said:
Note, this a thread of me trying to bash and criticize women. If anything, it is more of a thread of me being jealous that convicted murderers apparently have something I don't have that attracts women.

Would you date a woman who wanted to date Ted Bundy?
Stop and ask yourself about what kind of woman that would be.
Be HAPPY that a woman who would date him, wouldn't want to date you.
Also, "nice guy" is subjective. Just because you think you're a "nice guy" doesn't mean anyone else has to just because you've assigned yourself that label. And it IS a label - a subjective one even. Nice guy today can mean either a truly nice person, or it can mean...well, I don't go into it, as there have been a dozen or so threads already created about it.
There is always a REASON a person can't get a date or has no luck with the opposite sex. My suggestion to anyone in that boat is to examine themselves closely and try to figure out that reason.
And no - it's not always about looks for every single person...there are lots of other factors that need to be examined.

Women who are attracted to a serial killer are just as disgusting, imo.
I'm curious, though, if a female serial killer (they do exist) can just as easily find a husband.

xninjaguyx said:
Women who are attracted to a serial killer to be just as disgusting, imo.

And you've met every woman who has been genuinely interested in a serial killer? Surely your opinion is based on something solid, right?

<face-palm>

I can imagine the scene.

Two guys are watching the TV news, which is showing a report about the flood of mail sent to an incarcerated serial killer by local women.

Guy #1 - Would you lookit that? Why is this guy getting the ladies and yet a nice guy like me stays home on a Friday night?
Guy #2 - Would you excuse me. I gotta go. I have a hot date tonight.

Nice people get dates all the time. Attraction isn't all about being freaking nice. It also comes from being interesting, being funny, being charismatic, having something worth saying and saying it, being confident, being decisive, and even having chemistry with the other person. Niceness is only one of many, many factors.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to write a letter to Jodi Arias. She's freaking hawt.

j/k

(EDIT: BTW, Jodi Arias is one reason I can think of to avoid ALL dating in the first place. Like Forrest Gump says, "Ya never know what you're gonna get.")

theraab said:
VanillaCreme said:
What about a dude who's not a bad or nice guy?

Don't worry, we do just fine.

BTW, do you have a special insight into this conversation? I mean, I read a couple days ago that you were a sociopath, to the point where even Eve chimed in about how good you were at fooling people.

I was hoping someone would answer as such. Very good, sir.

Didn't you know my theme song? It's very suiting to me being able to fool everyone.

[video=youtube]

Rosebolt said:
xninjaguyx said:

And you've met every woman who has been genuinely interested in a serial killer? Surely your opinion is based on something solid, right?

An opinion isn't a fact guy.
I've never met a nazi as far as I'm aware, but I sure don't like them. Not necessarily comparing them together, but do you have solid evidence to tell me I'm wrong in my opinion?

xninjaguyx said:
Rosebolt said:
xninjaguyx said:

I've never met a nazi as far as I'm aware, but I sure don't like them. Not necessarily comparing them together, but do you have solid evidence to tell me I'm wrong in my opinion?

My thing is... Not every one of these women know. I would certainly hope that people don't look at serial killers and chase after them. But more of what I was saying earlier... They don't know, and then involve themselves with these guys without that knowledge. If you KNOW, then well, ****... There must be some strong something up in there to ignore that fact.

VanillaCreme said:
xninjaguyx said:
Rosebolt said:
xninjaguyx said:
Women who are attracted to a serial killer are just as disgusting, imo.

My thing is... Not every one of these women know. I would certainly hope that people don't look at serial killers and chase after them. But more of what I was saying earlier... They don't know, and then involve themselves with these guys without that knowledge. If you KNOW, then well, ****... There must be some strong something up in there to ignore that fact.

Well yea, if they don't know then I agree. They wouldn't be attracted to the serial killer but the person. But if they do know...

EveWasFramed said:
TyCobbLegend said:
Note, this a thread of me trying to bash and criticize women. If anything, it is more of a thread of me being jealous that convicted murderers apparently have something I don't have that attracts women.

Would you date a woman who wanted to date Ted Bundy?
Stop and ask yourself about what kind of woman that would be.
Be HAPPY that a woman who would date him, wouldn't want to date you.
Also, "nice guy" is subjective. Just because you think you're a "nice guy" doesn't mean anyone else has to just because you've assigned yourself that label. And it IS a label - a subjective one even. Nice guy today can mean either a truly nice person, or it can mean...well, I don't go into it, as there have been a dozen or so threads already created about it.
There is always a REASON a person can't get a date or has no luck with the opposite sex. My suggestion to anyone in that boat is to examine themselves closely and try to figure out that reason.
And no - it's not always about looks for every single person...there are lots of other factors that need to be examined.

This is a very good response.

Women that are attracted to men who are evil like that...well, there is something not right there. I would not feel bad at all for them not being attracted to me.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Women that are attracted to men who are evil like that...well, there is something not right there.

But that's the thing though... They don't have lit up "evil" signs above them. They're every day, average Joes. You see them walking down the street. You seem them shopping in the stores. You see them in line at the bank. They're not marked men, so it's not so obvious with many of them. Sure, we know they're evil AFTER the fact of us knowing what they've done. But before they do anything, during, or even after, we don't know anything. Many aren't caught for years after they've done their crimes. You know all the infamous ones who weren't caught for DECADES, and those who they still haven't caught yet.

Not even to mention all the repeaters... The Zodiac killer has been done how many times? Some of it comes back with different people trying to imitate what the previous has done.

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Women that are attracted to men who are evil like that...well, there is something not right there.

But that's the thing though... They don't have lit up "evil" signs above them. They're every day, average Joes. You see them walking down the street. You seem them shopping in the stores. You see them in line at the bank. They're not marked men, so it's not so obvious with many of them. Sure, we know they're evil AFTER the fact of us knowing what they've done. But before they do anything, during, or even after, we don't know anything. Many aren't caught for years after they've done their crimes. You know all the infamous ones who weren't caught for DECADES, and those who they still haven't caught yet.

Not even to mention all the repeaters... The Zodiac killer has been done how many times? Some of it comes back with different people trying to imitate what the previous has done.

Err, I'm not talking about uncaught serial killers.

I'm talking about the women that write to serial killers who are in prison, on death row, and expect a relationship out of it. Many get married to these serial killers, despite the fact that they will never get out of prison alive.

How can you argue that these women are not ill? Someone who kills someone because they are female is probably not the best suited match for you, if you are female.

As far as arguing that uncaught serial killers can have spouses and girlfriends, that is very true. But that is argued for those that aren't serial killers as well. People that are charismatic, confident, assertive, and good looking generally don't have to look far for dates.

I agree, with leaning into the muse. Women who start relationships with CONVICTED killers are looney. I saw a documentary where a female guard fell in love and got pregnant by a prisoner who was sentenced to life in prison for MULTIPLE HOMICIDE. It's not just women though...I'm sure there are tons of guys who have relationships with female murderers in jail.

Okay confidence maybe sexy...but for me...getting stabbed and killed would be a real turn off. Maybe it's an accessibility thing or a low self-esteem thing on the part of the non-killer. But either way, those people have to little bonkers (in my humble opinion of course!).

duff said:
Naleena said:
Those wome who go for such people are sick in the head. Anyone who would want someone because of being infamous killer, needs their head examined. Would you want a woman like that? There are women who happen to think highly of nice guys, I'm one of them. :)

good answer !

There are loads of completely crazy women out there who are not worth knowing !

The Yorkshire ripper from the 70's gets love letters sent to him. I think the women who send these letters need help to be honest !

Duff, I don't understand how anyone could want a man that harmed innocent people. They are sick.

Naleena said:
duff said:
Naleena said:
Those wome who go for such people are sick in the head. Anyone who would want someone because of being infamous killer, needs their head examined. Would you want a woman like that? There are women who happen to think highly of nice guys, I'm one of them. :)

good answer !

There are loads of completely crazy women out there who are not worth knowing !

The Yorkshire ripper from the 70's gets love letters sent to him. I think the women who send these letters need help to be honest !

Duff, I don't understand how anyone could want a man that harmed innocent people. They are sick.

I agree

xninjaguyx said:
Rosebolt said:
xninjaguyx said:

I'm not implying anything, not disagreeing or agreeing. I'm only questioning your reply.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Err, I'm not talking about uncaught serial killers.

I'm talking about the women that write to serial killers who are in prison, on death row, and expect a relationship out of it. Many get married to these serial killers, despite the fact that they will never get out of prison alive.

How can you argue that these women are not ill? Someone who kills someone because they are female is probably not the best suited match for you, if you are female.

As far as arguing that uncaught serial killers can have spouses and girlfriends, that is very true. But that is argued for those that aren't serial killers as well. People that are charismatic, confident, assertive, and good looking generally don't have to look far for dates.

I'm not arguing about the women who knowingly date serial killers. My posts were about the ones who DON'T know. I agree that those who go into relationships, knowing what they did are some sort of twisted. But my point was - question really - what about those who don't know?

Anyone can be quick to say, "What the hell is wrong with her?" about those who DO know. But some of the wives of some of these serial killers had no idea. And that was my original point. You can't ask, "What the hell is wrong with her?" when you don't know if she knew or not.

If she did know, then hell... I would just be baffled. Husband, boyfriend, lover... whatever, he'd be gone if I were in that situation of knowing. I personally couldn't keep that to myself.

And then I think, what about the women who know, but are too scared? What if the husband/boyfriend/lover who is the killer threatens them as well? I would believe that would be harder than I could imagine to deal with. A lot of these serial killers usually do their deeds for power, and then they drag their woman into it for even more power.

I feel like watching a detective show now. :rolleyes:

^ Well, in those cases, when the serial killer is caught, it should be a relief for the girlfriend or wife.

And of course, that isn't what this thread is about, unless you're talking about killers who were sent to prison, and let out on technicalities?

Latest posts

Back