How Do You Think Others See You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm 5'7" and 200lbs. I thank that when people look at me they see someone who looks friendly that could also stand to lose a few pounds and get a haircut. lol

I own about 9 or 10 NBA jerseys which I wear frequently and I also wear a ball cap. I'm 36yo, but most who ask me think I look like I'm around 16yo.
Got the "Baby Face" yup.

Thanks for viewing.:)

LK

I don't think I can answer this, lol. At least not until I get the ability to leap into other people's minds. I'm still working on that.

I'll give a description as the OP did though, because it just struck me that no one actually knows what I look like :rolleyes:

I'm 5'11", 15 stone, fairly muscular overall but on the other hand some of that weight is not desirable :shy:

Light skin, dark hair, blue eyes. Glasses, because everything is horribly blurry without them. Apparently I have "cute" facial features, but that's a peculiar euphemism and I don't think it translates to "handsome"! :p

I have to concur with the others though, it's a question I try not to think about too much, because frankly I'm not convinced others think good things when they look at me :(

Well, I don't get much feedback from people. The ones I do remember tend to be negative, 'tho, so as said before on this thread by several others- I, too, prefer not to dwell on it too much.

Equinox said:
I prefer not to think about that. (d)
Me too.

Are you talking first impressions or once they've had a chance to get to know you? Either way, to me it's a puzzle, but less so these days...

When I was young I had a baby face too. I grew a mustache. My wife thought that helps. Superficially it depends upon what day it is and how I choose to look. I've always been... "heavy" ...great euphemism. Not real big but a pants size or two above the norm. People have always judged me superficially because of that.

It's funny in a tragic sort of way how people judge others. Once some twenty five years ago or so I passed through J.C. Pennies in a suit, just out of church. This salesman kept trying to sell me thousand dollar suits when I was broke as a skunk. That was funny.

I quit caring what people think a long time ago. A couple years I let my hair grow, grew a beard, and took to wearing a bandanna. It's pretty amazing how so many people these days look the other way rather than showing courtesy with a nod as I passed. A lot more people look at me like I'm a bum. Whatever.

As a rule, though, I don't think I want to know...

tedgresham said:
Equinox said:
I prefer not to think about that. (d)
Me too.

Are you talking first impressions or once they've had a chance to get to know you? Either way, to me it's a puzzle, but less so these days...

When I was young I had a baby face too. I grew a mustache. My wife thought that helps. Superficially it depends upon what day it is and how I choose to look. I've always been... "heavy" ...great euphemism. Not real big but a pants size or two above the norm. People have always judged me superficially because of that.

It's funny in a tragic sort of way how people judge others. Once some twenty five years ago or so I passed through J.C. Pennies in a suit, just out of church. This salesman kept trying to sell me thousand dollar suits when I was broke as a skunk. That was funny.

I quit caring what people think a long time ago. A couple years I let my hair grow, grew a beard, and took to wearing a bandanna. It's pretty amazing how so many people these days look the other way rather than showing courtesy with a nod as I passed. A lot more people look at me like I'm a bum. Whatever.

As a rule, though, I don't think I want to know...
1st impressions.

I think people see me as stupid and ugly and fat and useless and and allround pointless.

But they deny it.

Also, I share the above opinion sooo.... might just be me.

A lot of people say that they have the baby face look, well not for me unfortunately. I get the "Your that young?" look a lot. People tell me "Your 15?! You look like your 17! Your pretty big to be 15."

A relative commented that on my license I look like an 18 year old.

Btw, we should change the mindset some people have here.... For those with baby faces, be proud! Your not going to look old. My dad had a baby face and he looks way younger for his current age.

condemnedsoul666 said:
I think people see me as stupid and ugly and fat and useless and and allround pointless.

But they deny it.

Also, I share the above opinion sooo.... might just be me.

Yes, it is you.

I'd rather not think about this as often as I do, it can really drive one mad. I always get these older women telling my mum how "gorgeous" my hair is and how "handsome" I am... Well I guess that helps a bit...

I'm sure most people out there see me as some weird kid. And I hate to think how women around my age see me.

I get a lot of comments from strangers so I have a pretty good idea of how others perceive me physically. The vast majority are positive or just neutrally true: I've been told that my skin is very pale, my jewelry is pretty, my eyes are a pretty color, my hands/feet/breasts are small, my haircut is nice, my outfit is cute, my accent is noticeable, I look young for my age, etc.

Once people get to know my personality, I don't think they know what to make of me. I'm not quite what people expect.

Most of the perceptions people hold of me are quite far from the mark. Oh, I'm sure that everyone sees a piece of the truth of who I really am; that's how it works with all of us, really. For the most part, we all can only be understood in bits and pieces to others. That's fine. I honestly don't think that there's anyone I've ever met that holds true ill will towards me, so I guess I'm mostly seen as being a good addition to the planet. At worse, people see me as an ignorant, cold, mean, ugly, shallow jackass. At best, I guess I'd be called average-looking, smart, friendly, positive, and outgoing, if not with a teeny bit of wisdom.

*shrug*

There have been two people in my life who I feel have understood the totality of who I am, though. One was from this site. I treasure these people deeply and love them beyond words, though I haven't kept in constant contact with them. I think, however, that they understand. That's why I lurves them.

P.S. I think it would be interesting if we had a thread where we each gave our opinions about the other members on the forum. I know that... there'd be the possibility of insults or hurt feelings in such a thread, but... wouldn't the honesty be refreshing for a change? And surely we could show disapproval of each other (if there is any) without getting nasty about it. Anyway, it's a thought.

Badjedidude said:
P.S. I think it would be interesting if we had a thread where we each gave our opinions about the other members on the forum. I know that... there'd be the possibility of insults or hurt feelings in such a thread, but... wouldn't the honesty be refreshing for a change? And surely we could show disapproval of each other (if there is any) without getting nasty about it. Anyway, it's a thought.

(WT)

Latest posts

Back