How many girlfriends have u guys had?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think having a girlfriend/boyfriend implies any kind of control... it's just a word. How else are you supposed to say it? : p

Besides, you can "have" a boss or even a master.

Yeah, that's why I think of it as an over-generalization. My whole whacky-ness with the wording comes from some crazy emotions that I've felt in my own pursuit of the girlfriend. Is it just a male thing? The whole control and possessiveness, that is. Long story short I looked at my expectations and thought of them as way too demanding. Asking for someone's time, it seems, is too much; be it a second or even a couple of months... but it depends on the person.

Oh and also a boss has you, I forgot about that!

I have never had a girlfriend never even gotten close to a girl. I pretty much think I will die that way but think I am starting to get over it.

lonelydude said:
hi, i just wanted to know how many girlfriends have u guys had , ive had 0 in my whole life . im 17 and eventhough i go to an all-boys school , every1 except me has a girlfried. heck i dont even have a single female friend...
I have had about six

Ive had two in my life, after very recently coming out of a relationship, (some thing I have sought for many years) all I can say in a very anti climatic tone, is that its not that great its cracked up to be, sure its great having some one there, but in most cases, having a relationship takes lots and lots of work and sacrafices, and belive me, for the first time, I can really appreaciate being single, its some thing I guess you have to experience to understand, all in all having a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, is not the highest arc of human exsistance, there are so many great things out there in life!

:)

hopeiseternal said:
in most cases, having a relationship takes lots and lots of work and sacrafices, and belive me, for the first time, I can really appreaciate being single, its some thing I guess you have to experience to understand, all in all having a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, is not the highest arc of human exsistance, there are so many great things out there in life!
xactly
i think it all falls back 2 ppl always wanting what they think they cant easily get

hey man, I didn't have my first gf till I was 19, I am 36 now and have had many girls since (none recently!!) there is always times when we are alone, it certainly sucks. I guess, don't be a hermit and have confidence!!

HiddenHydey said:
My family already is and half of them think I'm gay (and now my aunt kept expecting me to have boyfriends over until she died). Reading makes it seem funny, it's just a bit sad really (not like a sit-com at all).

This exact scenario is happening to me. I hate it.

Guys, I'm sorry to hear about the pain and loneliness.

I think human society is REALLY obsessed with numbers.

For example, our 'stats'. Height, weight, how much money do we make, how old are we, how many gfs have we had, how many friends do we have, etc.

I tend to be guilty of this. I try to think if I had less weight, etc, that my life would be better!

As for being thought gay....that is just absurd! SO MANY straight men marry late in life, or never marry at all, if that is their choice!

Sorry to say, if you wait to marry until age 35 or 40, you may have to choose a woman from your own age pool--that is, a woman who doesn't look like an airbrushed 20 year old playboy bunny!

BUT...that woman will be more mature and respect you for WHO you are not how much money you have, unlike most playboy bunnies!

lonelygirl said:
Guys, I'm sorry to hear about the pain and loneliness.

I think human society is REALLY obsessed with numbers.

For example, our 'stats'. Height, weight, how much money do we make, how old are we, how many gfs have we had, how many friends do we have, etc.

I tend to be guilty of this. I try to think if I had less weight, etc, that my life would be better!

As for being thought gay....that is just absurd! SO MANY straight men marry late in life, or never marry at all, if that is their choice!

Sorry to say, if you wait to marry until age 35 or 40, you may have to choose a woman from your own age pool--that is, a woman who doesn't look like an airbrushed 20 year old playboy bunny!

BUT...that woman will be more mature and respect you for WHO you are not how much money you have, unlike most playboy bunnies!

I disagree. As women get older they tend to look for money and security even more in a man. Not all 20 year old girls are playboy bunnies as you say. Many of them will go for losers with no job because they like the thrill of being with a bad guy. But no 35 year old woman would do that because she doesn't have patience with guys who need her money. She's past the going for bad boys stage and just wants a guy who is financially secure.

Lonelyloser,

You have some good points. But, being a female, I think I can speak to a woman's desires more than a male can.

Yes, a woman in her 30's and 40's would like a guy who isn't a 'bad boy.' But when you say 'financially secure,' that can mean something as simple as having a job and a life plan.

Most people of ANY age are not attracted to an unemployed partner who has no life plan and no career goals.

You can get on career track at ANY point in your life...Grandma Moses learned to paint in her 70s!

lonelygirl said:

I'm not sure I agree with this either. Just because a woman happens to be in my age bracket doesn't mean she's necessarily going to have any respect for me.

Also, I've met women ten and fifiteen years younger than I am that have had more life experience than women twice their age. You can't make blanket statements like that. People (not just women) mature at different speeds.

agree w/justlost on this. women of all ages can b either good/bad. these blanket statements just dont work
ive seen so many older women who like bad boys. & dont know anything about even beginning 2 look 4 financial security
& all this in reverse 2. younger being more mature
it just never works 2 generalize ppl. b it men/women

Josh said:
I have never had a girlfriend never even gotten close to a girl. I pretty much think I will die that way but think I am starting to get over it.

I'm only 17 and had no girl friends.

and Josh i know how you feel. i am use to the idea of dieing alone and never having anything to be remebered by.

Latest posts

Back