How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24, never been in a relationship and still a virgin here.... Im too shy for a nice women to find me attractive.

26 and no love, my 4 relationships have been 3 months, then 6 weeks, then 3 weeks, then 4 days. Never been much past the kiss, **** being socially awkward sucks

I am over 20.

Never kissed, never had sex

Never dated, No relationship

I'm 19 and still am a virgin, never had a relationship. Don't see that happening anytime soon, so...

I guess when I reach 20 in several months, I'll be a member of the club.

I personally know 2 persons who told me they're over 30 and virgins. Then I know a bunch of (including myself) ppl who are virgins over 20. I find it would be great to be like this for whole life - even when married. Though in latter case I know you must have kinda insane power of will. It's just pathetic how much you have to fight yourself if you regard sex as something gross you don't wanna do. Oh why humans are supposed to be still like animals, I hate my life :D

Im 28, female and still a virgin. Im not keeping myself for marriage, it didnt happen. Its even more difficult when u get older. I thought I was the only one at my age. I dont know if it will happen (I doubt it), I wouldnt like to loose it with anyone, Id like it to happen with someone who cares and who doesnt mind Im a virgin (yes, I was rejected because I'm not experienced), Im not expecting a seriuos relation, but at least someone nice.

23 years old. Might sound strange, but I've had sex with 2 girls and yet, I've never had a girlfriend, much less even kissed a girl.

this sunday i will be 27 and i am still a virgin women these days do not want a man who has never had sex so it holds no meaning anymore to wait to have sex i have tried since i was 21 to find some one and now suffer from major depression over this situation so i understand how you feel.

*This may be long, I have too many views ;) *

I'm not over 20, but I will be 20 next month. I'm a virgin.

My opinion varies on this.

From a biological point of view, that male part of me (that is both an irritating and essential part of me) has the urge to go out and procreate is frustrated, sometimes to a pretty maddening degree. I feel like I need to get my arse out of the door and meet someone right this instant and so on.

At the same time though, after a particularly intense guilt trip over it, I thought hard and came up with something:

Why the hell do I feel guilty about this?

I thought (and still think) about those around me in relationships, and to be honest they're not that great.

My cousin (my age) is going out with a guy who frequently comes across as a patronising, pompous, weedy knob.

My other cousin (male, my age) is going out with a pretty girl, but he had to split up with his other GF after she tried to get him to marry her (!), and now he's getting very serious with this one too. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens again.

My friend is an exception as he actually has a pretty decent relationship, but again it's getting pretty heavy for him quite quick.

One of my best friends (a girl, my age) has had a string of broken relationships and is frequently unhappy. She now has a good relationship, but often has rocky patches.

Nearly everyone else I can think of is in a "casual" (read: emotionless sex) relationship or is into a really deep, committed thing before they've even hit 20.

So why do I feel bad about it sometimes? The answer is the total bullshit society feeds us nowadays. Just because The Man says I'm not cool if I'm not having a lame fumble at a party at 16 means that's the case?

What a load of crap. I expect the guy I know who made his GF pregnant at 16 is not feeling particularly cool changing nappies right now :cool:

We are given this BS in everything. Sex in films, sex in drama, sex in comedy, even sex now in practically every videogame. It's because it's a cheap, easy way to arouse the masses.

So instead of conforming to the brainless ideal of "You have to have sex by X age, 'cos I sez so", I'm now focussing my life on things that will (hopefully) bring me success and happiness in the long term. I'm sure that I could "pull" a girl at a bar or club, but I'm not interested in that.

Instead I'm working on a Chemistry degree that will hopefully one day see me leading a business and/or creating drugs to cure the sick. I'm trying to improve my ability to play music, perform magic and acts and I'm working on my fitness more.

I think these are far nobler goals than looking to "bang" anything with different sexual organs to mine, and I think it's sad that humanity's latest goals projected by the mass media amount to "It's great and cool to shag anything that moves."

No thank you, I don't buy that. I want to be a decent human being, and I'd like my first (and successive) time(s) to be very enjoyable and with someone I care a lot about.

So don't let it get you down, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin for a while. In fact, it's most likely that you've shown considerably more maturity and integrity than others your age - and you've simultaneously avoided most of the pitfalls of having a relationship so young.

Anyway, my 2c, Solitary out :p

TheSolitaryMan said:
No thank you, I don't buy that. I want to be a decent human being, and I'd like my first (and successive) time(s) to be very enjoyable and with someone I care a lot about.

Yep same here. Im 24 and still a virgin but I am open to sex unlike some who want to save their virginity for "the one". The thing is im not going to go out and look for a women just for the purpose of having sex. I value relationships and would much prefer to have a proper bond before sex.

(In all honesty though if an attractive woman was to approach and chat ME up because she wanted sex, then I probably wouldn't turn her down. That would never happen anyway though). lol

23 and still a virgin. Been perilously close a few times but right now I feel I must be repulsive.

23 and still carrying that old v-card.
Not that I mind, really. I figure when I find a guy that is right for me and likes me (if this miracle ever happens), I'll be rid of it, but for now I 'don't talk to or meet guys my age' (such a lie, but it's said to me constantly, so I must be doing it wrong) and I'm actually quite picky when I probably have no right to be.

Just turned 29 and still a virgin. Even worse, never had a real girlfriend or much of any contact with a woman, not even flirtative hand holding or a kiss. I always avoided every opportunity I ever had to get a girlfriend or date and really regret the path I have taken in life. I don't see things changing anytime soon as I don't have a job and barely work. I have no idea how to establish myself in life or find a niche either so it will take long. Probably I will be well into my 30's before I manage to do it. But maybe I am just making excuses of why I shouldn't even try as is so often my habit in life. Many people in even worse situations than me still bed women. I always think "I have to have this or do this, before I can proceed". However unlike them I do not much enjoy being sociable and putting myself out there, especially with new and random groups of people.

At least I do not believe in saving myself for the one type of thinking. Especially as you get older that type of thinking is dangerous, because if you keep imagining yourself to be waiting you end up not putting yourself out there and just settling for "one of the first ones" or "one of the few". I also don't like much that guys essentially have to lie and jump through hoops to bed women. I think I need to try to get into many low commitment flings to close the experience gap and eventually try to position myself to see as many women as possible at one time, but I don't think I can ever manage it with my life situation. It all seems so hopeless.

It is hard for me to look on the bright side especially now that I have been reflecting on my life because of the date on the calendar telling me I am "x years old". But at least I absolutely do not look 29, people always keep asking me if I am in school. This also should I believe allow me to see women around my age and younger women(who will assume I am their age). Also I don't really feel connections to other people so I would be good at reversing things on women by remaining aloof, and won't turn into an easily latching victim.

I don't think that's a bad thing. The pitfalls of being sexually active are far greater than those of being a virgin. If I'm considering a girl as a long term partner I personally consider lack of experience to be a positive.

As for myself I'm 28 and have had a few encounters, but was on medication at those times and, well I didnt really count those as loosing my virginity. At this point I've decided that I'm content to wait until I can be with someone who is special to me. I think good things are worth waiting for.

Latest posts

Back