How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 18 and virgin. I guess what Marshall and Lily from HIMYM had was very beautiful. They literally never f*cked anyone other than themselves. I wish I could do that

I am over 20,24 to be exact,i am still a virgin as I had never even hug or kissed a woman before,i think my main problem of why at such a age that I am still a virgin is because of my painfull shy and lack of powerful willpower personality,these play a very big part of me unable to maintain a relationship

Besides I had a mental diagnosis,that is also a roadblock to me getting a girlfriend...I would really like to have a girlfriend before I am 30 and of course losing my virginity when I had a GF.Thx

27, still a virgin. It's looking like that will last into 28 as well. Sometimes I think I might as well just try and hook up with some girl as long as they are above-average looking. Other times I think that would be nothing but a waste of time since I'd be going to a lot of trouble for someone that I don't even want in the first place. I'd have to spend a lot of time doing nothing but fake a connection with someone. That's pretty much exactly what I don't want to be, just another person that goes through life bored and beaten, only pretending to be happy but really just watching life pass me by, doing things that take me further and further away from where I want to be. Plus it would likely be bad sex anyway, since I would have none of the inspiration I would have for someone I would love. I'd probably just immediately feel like crap again. More time wasted, inviting more clutter into my life.

Waiting is the only real choice. The only other option simply isn't worth the risk, nor the time or energy I'd need to spend.

TheSkaFish said:
27, still a virgin. It's looking like that will last into 28 as well. Sometimes I think I might as well just try and hook up with some girl as long as they are above-average looking.

Must you keep dropping these gems in there? You won't learn :rolleyes:

ardour said:
TheSkaFish said:
27, still a virgin. It's looking like that will last into 28 as well. Sometimes I think I might as well just try and hook up with some girl as long as they are above-average looking.

Must you keep dropping these gems in there? You won't learn :rolleyes:

What won't I learn? I don't get it.

I think you're misinterpreting me. Yes, I do get those feelings but they don't stick. When I really think about what it means to just hook up with someone, I remember that what it really would be for me is doing a lot of work in order to get something that I don't want in the first place. It would also require me to be phony, which is something else that I don't want to be. So when I think about what it would really take, I realize that I don't want to hook up after all. It would only drag me further away from my desired destination.

TheSkaFish said:
What won't I learn? I don't get it.

I think you're misinterpreting me. Yes, I do get those feelings but they don't stick. When I really think about what it means to just hook up with someone, I remember that what it really would be for me is doing a lot of work in order to get something that I don't want in the first place. It would also require me to be phony, which is something else that I don't want to be. So when I think about what it would really take, I realize that I don't want to hook up after all. It would only drag me further away from my desired destination.

Are you saying though that if you met a really nice attractive woman on a night out and you both got on really well, that you wouldn't act on your sexuality, you wouldn't flirt or wouldn't invite her back to yours if you got on really well (not necessarily for sex but just to hang out) but if things heated up, you wouldn't consider having sex? What if the woman was the initiator? What on earth do you mean by having to "work" in this context. You are not sorting out business papers here, you would be talking to and maybe flirting with a human being who may be doing the exact same thing back to you, maybe because you are enjoying each others company.

I find it quite funny now that I am a bit older, I am 27 and I always had this perception that it is somehow not my thing to have a one night stand, however in reality I admit that for me sex is something I desire as a heterosexual male so my perception has actually changed to a more relaxed one in this regard. To clarify, personally I wouldn't go out "looking" for it but it is just something that I would certainly consider if I met someone and we both hit it off really well. That girl could even become your girlfriend, she could even eventually become your wife if you really get on well, you never know in this world. A massive majority of people would never say no if the right person came along because sex is something that humans enjoy and also desire, it is part of our nature.

Like I said I used to think the opposite of this but now I think, what really is the point in confining sex just to a relationship (unless you are religious of course). I am sure 100% that sex is much better in a relationship with a loving partner but what is so wrong about engaging in the intimate act with someone who mutually finds you attractive and trustworthy, even if you don't know each other that well.

For reference, I was 25 when I lost it. In quite a disgraceful manner, I must add. Life can be cruel.

PieBeNice said:
Bird_Flu84 said:
For reference, I was 25 when I lost it. In quite a disgraceful manner, I must add. Life can be cruel.

This requires further detail. Story time.

Ok. Girl takes me to bedroom. I say 'whoah', start kissing and fondling etc. Girl says 'ok, I'm ready'. Dick doesn't respond. Total flaccidity.

Long story short: dick doesn't work right. Check my intro in the new member section for the reason.

ShybutHi said:
What on earth do you mean by having to "work" in this context. You are not sorting out business papers here, you would be talking to and maybe flirting with a human being who may be doing the exact same thing back to you, maybe because you are enjoying each others company.

It's work when it's someone I don't really want, but they are all I can get because they are all that is available. Having to maintain and build interest, work in jokes and play conversational chess with them. And at the end of the day all I want to do is switch them for someone I actually do want. It might as well be sorting business papers.

TheSkaFish said:
It's work when it's someone I don't really want, but they are all I can get because they are all that is available. Having to maintain and build interest, work in jokes and play conversational chess with them. And at the end of the day all I want to do is switch them for someone I actually do want. It might as well be sorting business papers.

With that point of view on creating a rapport with a woman then I don't see how you are going to "switch them for someone I actually do want". Could be the person right in front of you, I hope you are not a shallow person because we need less of them in the world. How are you even going to create a rapport with a person if you think it is "work" in the first place.

It sounds like you are talking about just trying to pick up a woman for sex by faking interest and creating banter. I totally agree that that is wrong if that is what you are talking about and I would not do that personally. Being who you are as a person with confidence is always the best way to be. I am actually talking about genuinely getting to know a person and the fact there is a possibility that you could both end up spending the night together.

Latest posts

Back